dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
view:
topics flat nest 
Comments on news posted 2012-09-26 09:35:36: In case you're one of the few folks still on Verizon's DSL service dreaming of upgrades, Verizon has again confirmed that once current franchise build obligations are completed, Verizon will not be expanding their FiOS services any further. ..

prev · 1 · 2 · 3 · 4 · 5 · 6
CXM_Splicer
Looking at the bigger picture
Premium Member
join:2011-08-11
NYC

CXM_Splicer to avgbowler

Premium Member

to avgbowler

Re: 9;

said by avgbowler:

No, maybe it is the fact that Verizon's unions make it too difficult to get things done. The LTE network is non union. After the last strike is when they said there will be no more expansion. I hate to say it, but I do not blame them with how the union acts.

Of course you know that the Telephone company has been union since 1918 don't you? There was a lot accomplished by the union workers... suddenly things are 'too difficult'? Certainly you are aware that the 'LTE Network' is nothing but a piece of equipment installed at a cell site... the real network is the fiber backbones connecting them to the MTSO; all installed by union labor. I am positive you realize that Verizon announced in 2010 (before the last strike) that they were shifting from FIOS to wireless.

So my question to you is: Why waste time posting incorrect information? If fairness in the workplace bothers you... just come out and say it.
15444104 (banned)
join:2012-06-11

15444104 (banned) to indentured

to indentured

Re: Horrible.

But according to the elite rulers ...."Greed is good".

LOL
Mordhem
Love it, Hate it.
join:2003-07-10
Baltimore, MD

Mordhem to Skippy25

to Skippy25

Re: 9;

Arguing with complete idiots is a waste of time trust me. They don't under stand that besides leading in war sector this country's going down the toilet. Our broadband is ranked poorly for being the richest country in the world. The problem being that Verizon does not want to expand because they want laws to be past to give them the edge over comcast and such, those companys would need to pay the fees but verizon thinks they should be exempt. One problem with the telecom companies is that it was government money that helped build them. People don't under much like a monarch they end up being so large that they just sit on the money instead of reinvesting it (The only way capitalism can keep working) Its also very Anti-American. As for the Idiot saying build your own wouldn't it be funny if we said that about everything... But I will answer what happened when a community tried. Simply put Verizon Dumped a lot of money out of have the project killed and it worked. See when you're a mega Corporation you throw money around to presidents and they can buy out congress. Hell right now they could give Obama 100 Million and also make a large employment run so it looks likes the Jobs Jumped 15% in this mounth. Thats allot of power to be able to wield and they do. So no you can't just go out and install your own fiber company. IMO Verizon (Ma Bell) should be split back up because their back to their old practices they have reformed just about all the companies that had been broken up last time this time in to small company may be IDK Its just me I hate their company. Anyways I hope they keep twiddling their thumbs Comcast will keep eating away at their company at least they are innovative has a well performing network that sees upgrades all the time including additional fiber.
Expand your moderator at work
prev · 1 · 2 · 3 · 4 · 5 · 6