spacer

spacer

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc

spacer

how-to block ads

view:
topics flat nest 
Comments on news posted 2012-10-03 08:42:17: As leaks had suggested yesterday, Deutsche Telekom's board this morning approved a deal that would combine T-Mobile and MetroPCS. ..

prev page · 1 · 2 · 3

iansltx

join:2007-02-19
Austin, TX
kudos:2
reply to NiteSn0w

Re: Does anyone else smell another Sprint-Nextel catastrophe?

They already have Network Vision online in DFW, NYC and LA...or parts of it anyway.

NiteSn0w

join:2010-12-24
reply to jimk
Easy to do when Alltel was mostly ran on CLR spectrum (800MHz) They didn't have to switch all of the towers to GSM/UMTS in a short amount of time they just had to change base stations at enough sites to create coverage. 800MHz goes far so this is fairly easy.

I don't know much about Verizon's conversions but I have heard that Claro in PR has been quite horrible since the merger.

NiteSn0w

join:2010-12-24
reply to iansltx
DFW's progress is a joke, NYC is getting there... It's not exactly going quick by any means but it's still making more progress than DFW IIRC. LA has tons of towers so this market will take some time. Then you have Florida, and Michigan one of which is underway (Florida) but I have yet to see any actual numbers/completed sites. I know work in Florida is being done, tons of reports of it to show that, but nothing has gone live as far as I can see.
Expand your moderator at work