spacer

spacer

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc

spacer

how-to block ads

view:
topics flat nest 
Comments on news posted 2012-10-04 08:44:19: As many as surmised, Samsung plans to attack the patent-owning jury foreman as part of their plan to get the $1 billion patent loss against Apple overturned. ..

prev page · 1 · 2 · 3

jjeffeory

join:2002-12-04
USA
reply to brianiscool

Re: Samsung

Hardly. There's been "stealing" from all sides.
This is all just stupid. IP law is ridiculous.

jjeffeory

join:2002-12-04
USA
reply to Dodge

Re: False Verdict Should Be Overturned!

That's the REALLY funny part. Samsung makes a bunch of parts for the iPhone.

ExoticFish

join:2008-08-31
Stuarts Draft, VA

1 recommendation

reply to cdru

Because on the inside it's Samsung.
--
»www.VAJeeps.com

NOCTech75
Premium
join:2009-06-29
Marietta, GA
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to ropeguru

said by ropeguru:

said by cpsycho:

I made a boo boo, you can sue me for a billion dollars.

Yes I can because I hold a patent on making boo boo's.

You made Honey Boo Boo?

NOCTech75
Premium
join:2009-06-29
Marietta, GA
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to pandora

said by pandora:

said by cpsycho:

Thing is Cr-apple should not have won, when prior art said they could not win. Square with round corners, Cr-apple: "yeah we came up with that idea". In reality they did no such thing. They just had the jury stocked with apple supporters and a judge that was an apple supporter.

The round corner thing is ludicrous, but also a juror not indicating a potential conflict in a case of this size is unacceptable.

Nobody should own round corners, if Apple does, no car, no flashlight, or door knob, or spoon / spork is safe.

Crapple's lawyers are already researching this.

PapaMidnight

join:2009-01-13
Baltimore, MD

1 recommendation

reply to fuziwuzi

said by fuziwuzi:

said by brianiscool:

You lost deal with it! You are thieves and stole from Apple.

No.

Hell No.

skuv

@rr.com
reply to Suntop

Come on now. If they guy knew what his OS was going to be worth in the future, he wouldn't have sold the rights to it for $50k.

And if he knew the potential, he would have put together his own way to market and sell it.

Microsoft didn't really owe him anything after buying it. That's how business works.

ajac

join:2000-08-15
Norman, OK
reply to brianiscool

hell no asshole

TuxRaiderPen

join:2009-09-19
reply to tanzam75

said by tanzam75:
If you want to appear more than 13 years old, I recommend that you cool it with the "M$." That stuff became old in 2002.
No.. its part of the official club handshake. I know suntop is a member sort of like the handshakes of masons in the past.

I use it all the time, and will continue to use any as a form of derogatory reference to them, crapple and other companies.

If you would like I have some other terms for them which I would be glad to use... but they most definitely are not for the "kumbaya pc" crowd here, so m$ and crapple, crapble will have to suffice.
--
1311393600 - Back to Black.....Black....Black....

Anonymous
Premium
join:2004-06-01
IA
kudos:2
reply to brianiscool

The only problem is this is Apple's only win against Samsung. They are losing these suits worldwide. And this one will get overturned.
--
I speak for myself, not my employer.

sk1939
Premium
join:2010-10-23
Mclean, VA
kudos:10
Reviews:
·T-Mobile US
·Verizon FiOS
reply to NOCTech75

said by NOCTech75:

said by ropeguru:

said by cpsycho:

I made a boo boo, you can sue me for a billion dollars.

Yes I can because I hold a patent on making boo boo's.

You made Honey Boo Boo?

That would explain so much...

equivocal

join:2008-01-23
USA

1 recommendation

Apple sues New Yankee Workshop for all of Norm's plaid...

This just in...
Apple has sued NYW host Norm Abram for all his plaid because his repeated use of the so-called round-over bit results in objects which infringe on Apple's ownership of all rounded corners.

DrModem
Trust Your Doctor
Premium
join:2006-10-19
USA
kudos:1
reply to brianiscool

said by brianiscool:

You lost deal with it! You are thieves and stole from Apple.

Curse those rectangle thieves.

pandora
Premium
join:2001-06-01
Outland
Reviews:
·ooma
·Google Voice
·Comcast
·Future Nine Corp..
reply to jjeffeory

said by jjeffeory:

Hardly. There's been "stealing" from all sides.
This is all just stupid. IP law is ridiculous.

This is a bunch of guys in a basement filled with gasoline, each has a few matches. Any company stupid enough to light their match, is going to grind all development to a halt while everyone sues everyone (or using the metaphor, while the house burns down).

Apple could find itself mired in a litigation nightmare that won't end.
--
"If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand." - Milton Friedman"

tcope
Premium
join:2003-05-07
Sandy, UT
reply to fuziwuzi

It's clear that Samsung _knew_ they were taking ideas from Apple. I think the trial turned to be more about the fact that Samsung _knew_ they were taking from Apple and less about the valitity of Apple's patents to start with. Samsung documents showed they knew they were taking from Apple and Google also warned them.

These appeals are all purely legal moves. They need to send a message to Apple that they are not just going to roll over and collecting on the judgement may take years. It's all an effort to get some type of leverage with Apple and then they can discuss a settlment. A condition of the settlement will be that no one can mention the amount. That there is always the doubt as to the extent of Samsung's guilt as it's not know if they pay $1 less then the judgement or $50.

Samsung will end up paying Apple probably $500k - $750k and work in a deal that Apple won't object to those devices being sold. At the end of the day Samsung will still be the #2 phone manufacture and in the future will pass by Apple by continuing to develop better products.

applesfallin

@verizon.net
reply to brianiscool

Ok, so if Samsung copied their "rounded corners" and some of their software who gives a care?

Apple copied a hand held device that lets you call people O_o

Smartphones were out before the iPhone came out, they simply put all there was into one neat little package. It wasn't really that innovative. Same with iPad. Sleek design, but tablets had been out for ages.

tcope
Premium
join:2003-05-07
Sandy, UT
reply to Suntop

And those companies are welcome to file suit aganist Apple if they feel they have a case. "Stealing" (quoted because I'm not saying they did) is easy against someone who just came up with an idea. I can see a building and make one of my own based on what I saw... this might not be "stealing". It's up to the building owner/designer to prove that something was "stolen".

So saying someone "stole" from someone else is all fine and good... but it's not really saying anything without context. In this case you are throwing in a lot of different things all together and many things that are not related. Xerox/PARC is about the a GUI on desktop computers. Job then claimed that he asked to use it but Gates "stole" it as he did not even ask. Truth is, neither stole it as you claim. To be accurate, they did not invent the GUI that they used.

But again... nothing to do with this.

cOOLguy

join:2009-09-10
Torrington, CT
reply to Suntop

In a nice way, I want to tell you that you dont have a clue about what you are talking about.

IBM approached Bill Gates for an OS, but he sent them to Gary WhatsHisName who invented CP/M. The first time IBM tried to talk to Gary, he blew them off because he was flying his new plane. The second time, he blew them off because he refused to sign an NDA.

So IBM played hard ball with Bill (Bill just wanted to write Basic, and leave that OS thing to Gary, another stunningly stupid error just like missing that Internet thing, and 640K of memory thing.)
Bill bought the code from Gary. Bill came up with idea of licensing software but not selling it.

Bill got rich

Gary got jealous.

Read all about it in 'Barbarians Led by Bill Gates"

fuziwuzi
Not born yesterday
Premium
join:2005-07-01
Atlanta, GA
reply to tcope

Will Apple in-kind pay Samsung, Motorola, HTC, etc. for the patents Apple has been stealing and refusing to negotiate a license?
--
Teabaggers: Destroying America is Priority #1

Suntop
Premium
join:2000-03-23
Fairfield, MT
reply to cOOLguy

Okay I will read it. I do not know much I admit that. Thank you for being kind and telling me I am wrong. I appreciate your post and thank you for the book suggestion. I will go look for it at my library.

Suntop
Premium
join:2000-03-23
Fairfield, MT
reply to 88615298

Ahh Pirates of Silicon Valley. Great movie.