dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
view:
topics flat nest 
Comments on news posted 2012-10-08 08:52:12: While T-Mobile didn't get the iPhone 5, they're pulling out all the stops to ensure that the damage caused by that fact will be minimal. ..

prev · 1 · 2
NYGiants0
join:2012-08-31
united state

NYGiants0

Coverage

T mobile has no 3G in my area, 2G is very spotty. 4G is 50 miles away.
\
But AT and T has a HSPA tower a mile away and Verizon has a Ev-Do
tower 5 miles away. Sprint has WiMax 2 mi away. T- Mobile sucks in VA. T-N/Amobile FAR FAR AWAY.
negritude
join:2006-04-06
Oakland, CA

negritude to Robert

to Robert

Re: How Much

No loophole, It's been that price for a year. It went up to the regular $6.99 price for a few weeks awhile back, but then quickly went back down to $0.99 and has stayed there ever since. It's now considered the regular price by most.

pnh102
Reptiles Are Cuddly And Pretty
Premium Member
join:2002-05-02
Mount Airy, MD

pnh102 to Kommie2

Premium Member

to Kommie2

Re: One Phone, Multiple Networks

said by Kommie2:

Stop listening to Fox News. Scandinavia, Germany, and even Poland are doing very well. Greece is whats talked about, but there are other countries in Europe that are not having any economic failures.

Germany is doing well? After bailing out Greece twice? That's a laugh.

Even they will run out of money at some point if they keep this BS up. And now they are looking to junk nuclear power completely? What a bunch of fools.
pnh102

pnh102 to jseymour

Premium Member

to jseymour
said by jseymour:

Greece, Italy, Spain and Portugal are not "all of Europe." You might just as well blame the entire U.S. for California's failings.

And yet they do drag down the EU entirely. Why does the world care if 4 countries can't pay their bills? It is because when they fail, they will take the rest of the EU with them.

And we'll have to add France to that list too. A 75% tax on the rich? Good grief what stupidity.

Lone Wolf
Retired
Premium Member
join:2001-12-30
USA

Lone Wolf to NYGiants0

Premium Member

to NYGiants0

Re: Coverage

I suggest you move to Bowling Green, KY.

Coverage should be better there as the population is 100X more than your Bowling Green!

fuziwuzi
Not born yesterday
Premium Member
join:2005-07-01
Palm Springs, CA
Hitron EN2251
Nest H2D

fuziwuzi to elefante72

Premium Member

to elefante72

Please read up on CURRENT information. T-Mobile has been very busy refarming spectrum to deploy HSPA+ on the 1900MHz band, which every GSM iPhone supports for high-speed data. Several friends here in Atlanta that previously switched their iPhones to T-Mobile (and accepted they were getting 2G data) now have excellent HSPA+ speeds. This is with 3Gs and 4s phones. Several other metro areas have also been refarmed, with more on the way. T-Mobile is now even advertising with billboards and radio here in Atlanta that if you move your unlocked iPhone to them, you'll now receive great "4G" data (HSPA+) at a significantly cheaper price than AT&T.

PhoenixDown
FIOS is Awesome
Premium Member
join:2003-06-08
Fresh Meadows, NY

PhoenixDown to Robert

Premium Member

to Robert
Does T-Mobile officially support visual voicemail now too?

tmh
@verizon.net

tmh

Anon

The tail's wagging the dog

The problem isn't T's poor coverage for iPhone users. Quite simply, the iPhone's radio band coverage is inferior.

Get a Google Nexus or Galaxy S III T999. Worldwide HSDPA support. Never have to worry about what band your provider's on.

Leave all the GPRS bound iLosers in the dust.
Kommie2 (banned)
join:2003-05-13
united state

Kommie2 (banned) to pnh102

to pnh102

Yep, they are doing very well the number one economy in the Europe, and Germany is the world's third largest exporter. I bet Fox News does not mention that.

They can afford to bail out the Greeks thats why they did it. They are junking their nuclear due to concerns after the Japan disaster. They are heavily investing in renewable energy.
civicturbo
join:2009-11-08
USA

civicturbo to fuziwuzi

to fuziwuzi
Thanks for posting this info, I had my unlocked iPhone 3GS on tmobile for awhile, I got 200k on the edge network, I switched to h2o wireless ( a mvno reselling AT&T) because their cheaper. I was paying 100 for 1000 mins. Good for 1 yr. but 1000 would never last. With h2o i got a free sim (mins bought thru pinzoo.com) and pay 25/mth prepaid monthly. For 1000 mins cool thing is $ balance rolls over, it doesn't sound like it from the site but they do.
Data is slow 150-200k and burn up the $ quick. Now if tmobile supports my 3G data on my phone that would be very enticing. I currently run around with a Clear iSpot in my pocket. (Another $25/mth unlimited data 6/1 speed unlocked works for all my wifi devices
NYGiants0
join:2012-08-31
united state

NYGiants0 to Lone Wolf

to Lone Wolf

Re: Coverage

Yeah 2G coverage in (most of) BG, Kentucky according to T-Not Ava
ible Mobile.com, just like BG, Virginia
saiflu
join:2012-10-10
united state

saiflu to fuziwuzi

to fuziwuzi

Hi,
Did you say you were getting 4G in Atlanta?

I live here and am not getting any 4G, only Edge.

Where exactly are you getting 4G?

Simon2
@longandfoster.com

Simon2 to Camaro

Anon

to Camaro
Why is t-mobile ranking funny? They are ranked higher (17) than Verizon (18) and AT&T (20)....although there is a 6-7 month difference in reported numbers.

Yet, t-mobile is considered 3rd largest in USA?

fuziwuzi
Not born yesterday
Premium Member
join:2005-07-01
Palm Springs, CA

fuziwuzi to saiflu

Premium Member

to saiflu
Several of my friends here in Atlanta, with 3GS and 4, are now getting HSPA+ instead of EDGE. Perhaps it depends on your neighborhood. They are in Midtown.
prev · 1 · 2