spacer

spacer

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc

spacer

how-to block ads

view:
topics flat nest 
Comments on news posted 2012-10-08 14:46:58: While Verizon is busy cozying up to Comcast, Time Warner Cable and Cox Communications, Frontier Communications has struck a similar deal with AT&T. ..

tmc8080

join:2004-04-24
Brooklyn, NY

dumb and poorer

neither company is committed to serving the customer well for wireline services..

Irun Man
Spartan up
Premium
join:2002-10-18
Walden, NY

pointless and irrelevant

I'm in Frontier's Orange County service area; I left their wireline service years ago, It simply can't compete with VoIP on price and their DSL service is a sad joke compared to TWC.

NO ONE with half a brain is going to bundle Frontier POTS with an ATTWS contract plan.
--
I turned on my computer for this?

elray

join:2000-12-16
Santa Monica, CA

One Bill Convenience

Unfortunately, Mom often falls for this.

djdanska
Rudie32
Premium,MVM
join:2001-04-21
San Diego, CA
kudos:4
reply to Irun Man

Re: pointless and irrelevant

But but.. They might offer uverse! LOL!
Welcome to 2007! It's sad and funny at the same time.
»Frontier's 'Next Gen' Plan is.....AT&T U-Verse?

David
I start new work on
Premium,VIP
join:2002-05-30
Granite City, IL
kudos:101
Reviews:
·DIRECTV
·AT&T Midwest
·magicjack.com
·Google Voice

If I had $1

for every time the future predictors around here got one right I would be a very poor man!

POTS will probably never compete on price, only because they have reliability behind it. Funny thing some people around here seem to forget all to quickly is when the power outage around here hit for well over 5+ consecutive days in the heat, many didn't have cell phone service working well and tons of dropped calls from all the big cell players. I still amazed many of neighbors when I was talking on my landline outside.

They were all curious on how I was able to make a phone call, they thought I had a government line or I was special or something. They even called the cops which came over and I told them this : "No, no secret, a plain old telephone service line I pay $30 a month for it. "

I deflated a lot of sails and sank quite a few of their "pride" ships like they were going to get one on me! Surprise! no, you can own one too! I still laugh to this day about it!

"Sorry for disturbing you sir, you have a good afternoon."
--
If you have a topic in the direct forum please reply to it or a post of mine, I get a notification when you do this.
Koetting Ford, Granite City, illinois... YOU'RE FIRED!!

Lamiel

join:2008-04-05
Saint Johns, MI
Eh? Why would anyone call the police because they saw their neighbor on the phone? And why would the police respond to such a call?

David
I start new work on
Premium,VIP
Granite City, IL
Reviews:
·DIRECTV
·AT&T Midwest
·magicjack.com
·Google Voice
said by Lamiel:

Eh? Why would anyone call the police because they saw their neighbor on the phone? And why would the police respond to such a call?

I asked the officer the same question... he shook his head and just left.

All I can think of is "Well some people...."
--
If you have a topic in the direct forum please reply to it or a post of mine, I get a notification when you do this.
Koetting Ford, Granite City, illinois... YOU'RE FIRED!!

Lamiel

join:2008-04-05
Saint Johns, MI
You've got some kooky neighbors, dude!

David
I start new work on
Premium,VIP
Granite City, IL
Naa, kooky might mean they are weird. Hell people think I am weird still having a POTS line in the house!

I would agree with "nosy" and "entitled"

Irun Man
Spartan up
Premium
join:2002-10-18
Walden, NY
reply to djdanska

Re: pointless and irrelevant

said by djdanska:

But but.. They might offer uverse! LOL!
Welcome to 2007! It's sad and funny at the same time.
»Frontier's 'Next Gen' Plan is.....AT&T U-Verse?

Great article, more "too little too late" as TWC has been wiping the floor with them for years. Unless you're in REC territory, wireless is the future and Frontier, Fairpoint, et al are inheriting more of a a twitching corpse.
--
I turned on my computer for this?

Bob61571

join:2008-08-08
Washington, IL
reply to tmc8080

Re: dumb and poorer

It's like Hitler and Mussolini joining forces....