dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
view:
topics flat nest 
Comments on news posted 2012-10-09 06:51:20: • Sprint fixes network disruption in Pacific Northwest [bizjournals.com] • Russia may ban minors from public Wi-Fi [telecomtv.com] • UK copyright holders flag mobile piracy concerns ahead of arrival of 4G [musicweek. ..

88615298 (banned)
join:2004-07-28
West Tenness

88615298 (banned)

Leaked Boxee TV adds HDTV antenna and DVR

A) no such thing as an HDTV antenna.

B) I'm sure it's just a of rabbit ears which makes it useless for the vast majority of people.

cableties
Premium Member
join:2005-01-27

cableties

Premium Member

Russia may ban minors from ....

In Post Soviet Russia, Wifi is Free but you are still not!
elray
join:2000-12-16
Santa Monica, CA

elray

Leaky TV box

How does this device let me "ditch cable" ?
Sammer
join:2005-12-22
Canonsburg, PA

Sammer

Re: Leaky TV box

It adds an antenna TV tuner and antenna to Boxee. Because of local hills antenna reception is poor where I live but many people who haven't used a TV antenna in the past five years may be surprised at just how good antenna reception of digital TV can be. Boxee also connects to the internet. Boxee won't provide all the programming from the major cable companies but will provide enough for some people to ditch cable.
elray
join:2000-12-16
Santa Monica, CA

elray

Re: Leaky TV box

said by Sammer:

It adds an antenna TV tuner and antenna to Boxee. Because of local hills antenna reception is poor where I live but many people who haven't used a TV antenna in the past five years may be surprised at just how good antenna reception of digital TV can be. Boxee also connects to the internet. Boxee won't provide all the programming from the major cable companies but will provide enough for some people to ditch cable.

If Boxee isn't providing cable programming, then the claim is false - it won't allow you ditch cable.

But assuming one could apply Clintonese to their feeble claim, it still wouldn't work. There isn't a single electronic/appliance/Big Box retailer in the six-county area here that can demonstrate OTA reception of all major channels on a single TV, and that's with the best rooftop antenna available.