dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
view:
topics flat nest 
Comments on news posted 2012-10-22 19:28:06: • ISPs must sabotage your broadband to survive [pcpro.co.uk] • Sprint: Despite majority stake, we don't control Clearwire [fiercewireless.com] • T-Mobile, MetroPCS ask FCC for deal approval [fiercewireless.com] • U.N. ..

meeeeeeeeee
join:2003-07-13
Newburgh, NY

meeeeeeeeee

U.N. calls for 'anti-terror' Internet surveillance

It's comforting to know that someone is even crazier than the U.S. government.
Kearnstd
Space Elf
Premium Member
join:2002-01-22
Mullica Hill, NJ

Kearnstd

Premium Member

What defines surviving?

because I highly doubt any of the big players are hurting.

Though I admit the story is from the UK, I am sure US carriers fear the loss of the SMS cash cow as well. I am amazed they actually push using wifi whenever possible rather than getting people to suck down that data to milk overages.
Rekrul
join:2007-04-21
Milford, CT

Rekrul

Streaming TV startup Aereo files appeal in network case...

It's really ridiculous that both Aero and Cablevision have to use such complicated, inefficient systems just to get around the legal pitfalls that plague technology today.

Cable companies should be able to record everything and allow customers to view it up to a week later. This isn't the era when recording video content was expensive and something only the networks could do, anymore. Recording video is cheap and easy. TV shows are no longer a one-shot deal where if you miss it, you have to wait for the rerun. Nobody should have to miss a TV show they want to see, ever again.