dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
view:
topics flat nest 
Comments on news posted 2012-10-23 11:59:58: As their cable deal, planned streaming deal with Redbox and and Home Fusion fixed home wireless service makes clear, Verizon has lofty nationwide branding ambitions that are just starting to take shape. ..

prev · 1 · 2

verizonlteda
@myvzw.com

verizonlteda to 88615298

Anon

to 88615298

Re: another

LOL that name made me laugh and not sure i wanna live in a city named DICKSON lol.

KrK
Heavy Artillery For The Little Guy
Premium Member
join:2000-01-17
Tulsa, OK
Netgear WNDR3700v2
Zoom 5341J

KrK to elray

Premium Member

to elray

Re: Overages ! Ca ching

Ever heard of barriers to entry?

The biggest problem with the Laissez-faire market theory is that it always assumes that at any time anyone can enter business and increase the supply of choices and competition. Since that isn't true, the rest of it also fails.
elray
join:2000-12-16
Santa Monica, CA

elray

said by KrK:

Ever heard of barriers to entry?

The biggest problem with the Laissez-faire market theory is that it always assumes that at any time anyone can enter business and increase the supply of choices and competition. Since that isn't true, the rest of it also fails.

Sprint-Nextel-Clear, TMobile, MetroPCS, Leap, Cricket, and to some extent, America Movil prove that those "barriers" are surmountable.
Lamiel
join:2008-04-05
Saint Johns, MI

Lamiel to elray

to elray

Nope. Redbox Home Fusion streams will be off-net, toll-free, overage-exempt bulk-rate, forward-cached, etc.

Has that been confirmed by Verizon? Last I heard the terms of the plan were a complete unknown...
elray
Santa Monica, CA

elray

said by Lamiel:

Nope. Redbox Home Fusion streams will be off-net, toll-free, overage-exempt bulk-rate, forward-cached, etc.

Has that been confirmed by Verizon? Last I heard the terms of the plan were a complete unknown...

Pure speculation.
millerja01a
join:2005-10-03
Durham, NC

millerja01a to KrK

to KrK

Re: Beta on a Samsung Smart TV

torrents....
decifal7
join:2007-03-10
Bon Aqua, TN

decifal7 to 88615298

to 88615298

Re: another

said by 88615298:

No need to get all pissy. the fact is unless the government forces cable, DSL provides to build out to rural areas or the government does it itself or the government forces satellite and services like HomeFusion to have drastically higher caps then you are out of luck. Which means you are out of luck because none of those things will happen any time soon of at all.

As far as the economy ask the republican governor and his republican controlled legislature why they haven't done anything in 2 1/2 years to improve things. So far we have guns in parks, exemption for estate tax raised from $1 mil to $5 mil and "don't say gay".

Plenty of reasons to be pissy when you live near "Dick"son, TN.. Sometimes i wish the county would just close down... I do not see where the tax dollars goes in this town at all...

as in for your political remark.. There was a stimulas with a small portion used on broadband buildouts. But I haven't seen it.. Nothing at all from Obama's use of tax dollars.. I was even told by connectedTN that a third party non super brand name provider was coming to the area last year using wireless as the means of access.. Have I seen it? Nope, just more tax dollars wasted on false promise's... That my friend makes me pissy... Taxation without representation... But anyways, not gonna get into politics on this section of the forum...
88615298 (banned)
join:2004-07-28
West Tenness

88615298 (banned) to verizonlteda

to verizonlteda
said by verizonlteda :

LOL that name made me laugh and not sure i wanna live in a city named DICKSON lol.

In Lexington TN there is a road called PENIX LANE. And it's near BEAVER Elementary. I am not joking.
Bob61571
join:2008-08-08
Washington, IL

Bob61571

Another lost opportunity

This is a great idea for suburban/rural areas, but VZ refuses to price it right. Also, those overage caps are way too high.

VZ had a winner, until they over-priced this thing.

KrK
Premium Member
Tulsa, OK

KrK to elray

Premium Member

to elray

Re: Overages ! Ca ching

Actually, they are proving that the barriers aren't surmountable.

Thus why so many MVNO's.
elray
Santa Monica, CA

elray

said by KrK:

Actually, they are proving that the barriers aren't surmountable.

Thus why so many MVNO's.

The existence of MVNO's only further prove that the barriers are surmountable.

KrK
Premium Member
Tulsa, OK

KrK

Premium Member

Circular argument is circular.

aaronwt
Premium Member
join:2004-11-07
Woodbridge, VA
Asus RT-AX89

aaronwt to Skippy25

Premium Member

to Skippy25

Re: Won't have any more content that Netflix

said by Skippy25:

Your price did not go up because you choose to keep one service or the other, but did not get both.

However, if you decide to keep your service how it was with both streaming and DVD delivery then your price pretty much doubled?

I was not a Netflix customer before, so I may be wrong on this. But it was my understanding that in the beginning you got both services for about the same price as you get one for now.

Only some of the Netflix plans went up. I'm talking streaming and rental plans. The one I was on went down 6.5%. Several plans went up, one stayed the same, and two or three went down in price.

The news always focused on the 1 out plan which had a larger percentage increase, but Netflix had plans ranging from 1 out to 8 out plus streaming.

Again, my Netflix streaming and rental plan did not go up, it went down in price.
prev · 1 · 2