spacer

spacer

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc

spacer

how-to block ads

view:
topics flat nest 
Comments on news posted 2012-11-05 06:52:33: • How the internet economy works: Guns, butter and bandwidth [gigaom.com] • 4G World: A New Role for the Cellular Carriers? [networkworld.com] • Are Google And Microsoft Really Planning To Offer Nationwide Free Wi-Fi? [forbes. ..

meeeeeeeeee

join:2003-07-13
Newburgh, NY

1 edit

Files aren't property, says US government

Hmmm... Files aren't "property"... So... How can copyright holders sue for theft of their "property" if files aren't property? Sounds like Washington is digging a BIG HOLE with this one. Can't have it both ways, it IS or it AIN'T. LOL
--
Isn't it sad that those that raise their right hand and swear "to support and defend the Constitution of the United States of America" are usually the ones most likely to trash it.

Sammer

join:2005-12-22
Canonsburg, PA
The MAFIAA should be very scared if the US government maintains that files aren't property!

meeeeeeeeee

Newburgh, NY
reply to meeeeeeeeee
Going even one more step further, How can they hold the servers in question if files are not property and since they aren't, nothing was stolen to begin with and no crime ever occurred. You can't steal things that aren't property so the servers must have been illegally seized! WOW....a VERY BIG HOLE.
--
Isn't it sad that those that raise their right hand and swear "to support and defend the Constitution of the United States of America" are usually the ones most likely to trash it.

redbud

join:2001-03-25
Nowhere Land
I'm Glad you fellas are putting some thought into this, my first thoughts were simply, "The U.S Government has gone crazy, and are grasping at straws while looking for solid ground to stand on, all the while sinking in sand". It just looks like they lost direction on all matters of common sense.

anon7

@comcast.net

will we ever see our files again?

not looking like it, they keep stalling and stalling....

meeeeeeeeee

Newburgh, NY
reply to redbud

Re: Files aren't property, says US government

said by redbud:

I'm Glad you fellas are putting some thought into this, my first thoughts were simply, "The U.S Government has gone crazy, and are grasping at straws while looking for solid ground to stand on, all the while sinking in sand". It just looks like they lost direction on all matters of common sense.

Oh, I knew THAT a long time ago. It's just fun to collect specific examples. I'm trying to collect the whole set.
--