dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
view:
topics flat nest 
Comments on news posted 2012-11-06 12:33:30: U.S. Cellular says the company is expanded LTE service to 30 new markets as of yesterday, with plans to cover 58% of the company's footprint with LTE before the end of the year. ..

Os
join:2011-01-26
US

Os

Dates

I read where I thought yesterday was the date they were launching 4G LTE here in Cumberland (MD).

I hope it's soon. I'm ready for my Galaxy S3.
silbaco
Premium Member
join:2009-08-03
USA

silbaco

Premium Member

Not bad

USCC has been doing a pretty good job at building out their network in a timely fashion. They already have coverage here.

The Beer
I Love It When A Plan Comes Together
Premium Member
join:2001-07-24
Lincoln, NE

The Beer

Premium Member

Yawn...

Considering Omaha just got 3G a couple years ago not holding my breath... Eastern Iowa gets all the love... Western Iowa gets the shaft

IPPlanMan
Holy Cable Modem Batman
join:2000-09-20
Washington, DC

IPPlanMan

Faster than Sprint?

Looks like U.S. Cellular's LTE buildout is going more quickly than Sprint's LTE buildout...

Very Interesting. Aside from Sprint's "in the coming months" announcement around the time the iPhone 5 came out, they seem to have stalled...
GusHerb
join:2011-11-04
Chicago, IL

GusHerb

They haven't stalled at all! They are working incredibly fast for the amount of work they have to do (upgrade EVERY cell site vs just doing a few here and there) Every week I see increased coverage in my area and people are reporting LTE sightings in alot of places every week. You probably just expect lots of announcements, which they're not gonna do until markets are close to complete.
silbaco
Premium Member
join:2009-08-03
USA

silbaco to The Beer

Premium Member

to The Beer

Re: Yawn...

said by The Beer:

Eastern Iowa gets all the love... Western Iowa gets the shaft

I'm not going to complain.

swintec
Premium Member
join:2003-12-19
Alfred, ME

swintec to silbaco

Premium Member

to silbaco

Re: Not bad

USCC's LTE network is serviced by King Streeet Wireless which i assume they are building it as well. they claim they are just partners. not sure why they are doing it this way though.
Rob_
Premium Member
join:2008-07-16
Mary Esther, FL

Rob_

Premium Member

Available Nationwide?

It says in my zip (32569) I can't get this, yet, they are showing coverage in my area. Is this only available in select cities?

-Rob

snipper_cr
Premium Member
join:2002-01-22
Wheaton, IL

snipper_cr

Premium Member

No Chicago

Still nothing in Chicago.

jsolo1
Premium Member
join:2001-07-01
PRIL

jsolo1

Premium Member

uscc leaving chicago

I read a tribune article this morning saying that uscc is pulling out of the chicago/il and some surrounding markets.

»www.chicagotribune.com/b ··· 50.story

»uscellularinfo.com/