dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
view:
topics flat nest 
Comments on news posted 2012-11-06 19:06:37: • AT&T to unveil plan to upgrade rural service [kansascity.com] • Average Android, iOS smartphone data use across Tier 1 wireless carriers [fiercewireless.com] • Obama, Romney offer contrasting visions on net neutrality [fiercewireless. ..

backfeed
is giving feedback
join:2002-12-16
Peru, IN

backfeed

AT&T to unveil plan to upgrade rural service

As one of those 12,000,000 residents in an AT&T area, I will believe it when I see it!!

CaptainRR
Premium Member
join:2006-04-21
Blue Rock, OH

CaptainRR

Premium Member

Re: AT&T to unveil plan to upgrade rural service

I will to! And if they think they will take care of me with LTE they dont even have cellular in my area.

MoPromises
@comcast.net

MoPromises to backfeed

Anon

to backfeed
Will T call it Project Lightspeed or Project Pronto?
tkdslr
join:2004-04-24
Pompano Beach, FL

tkdslr to backfeed

to backfeed
As the former lessor of one of those 10,000,000 aDSL lines that served residents.

I will believe it when I see it.

They sunk the that boat, none of my neighbors still use AT&T data services anymore. I went wireless..

linicx
Caveat Emptor
Premium Member
join:2002-12-03
United State

linicx

Premium Member

AT&T in rural America?

Me three. AT&T cellphone is not terribly good in rural Illinois especially in valleys surrounded by forested area, high hills and cliffs. Verizon and US Cellular has it locked down from WI to St. Louis. It never cover rural Illinois. A lot of these customers belong to Century Link, Frontier, GenTel.

Frontier got shafted when it took Verizon landlines, old equipment and didn't get any support. There is a community 20 miles from the state capital that has 22 houses, no broadband, no cable and no cell towers. Since its in bed with our wonder Chicago legislators I am sure AT&T will rush right over and make it hot.

I am waiting for Miss Piggy's lipstick and wings as I write this.