dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
view:
topics flat nest 
Comments on news posted 2012-11-07 18:27:08: Time Warner Cable is now offering users an Xbox 360 if they sign up for certain services from the cable operator. ..

elefante72
join:2010-12-03
East Amherst, NY

elefante72

Tis the season

My FIOS lockin at $99 is just about up and Verizon wants to jack it to $135. I think dangling this package in front of them should sweeten the pot, and if they don't flinch I get a new Xbox and $150 gift card for the same price (+ DVR) which I don't have today.

I even like the TWC tablet apps, which verizon is sorely lacking in the tablet space....

Verizon is throwing cash at new customers. When I signed up years ago no such cash was available....

Since I use W7MC this essentially gives me a FREE media center extender, which now is occupied by the sad Logitech revue....

I will report on my findings
TBBroadband
join:2012-10-26
Fremont, OH

TBBroadband

Best Buy & TWC

This is proof that TWC and Best Buy are actual partners, unlike other reports that came out that suggested that employees were telling customers to ditch TWC.

elios
join:2005-11-15
Springfield, MO

elios to elefante72

to elefante72

Re: Tis the season

sounds like they are worried about Google lol
mogamer
join:2011-04-20
Royal Oak, MI

mogamer

Potential STB?

I wonder if TWC will team up with MS to use the Xbox 360 with their cable packages? Like Comcast, Verizion and U-Verse did.

footballdude
Premium Member
join:2002-08-13
Imperial, MO

footballdude

Premium Member

Do they charge a monthly rental fee for the Xbox like they do for all the other equipment?

antdude
Matrix Ant
Premium Member
join:2001-03-25
US

antdude

Premium Member

Missed it!

My parents ordered the one year $89.99 triple package, over the phone, at their new house back in the summer. It included a $150 Target gift card (still not received yet AFAIK) and three months of free CineMax and HBO channels (over now and canceled).

JimMcCoy
join:2011-08-20
Midlothian, VA

JimMcCoy to footballdude

to footballdude

Re: Potential STB?

No, there is no rental charge; its a free XBox 360 and $150 Best Buy Gift Card with in-store signup (or contacting the in-store rep via phone).