dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
view:
topics flat nest 
Comments on news posted 2012-11-12 12:23:51: On the heels of existing deals between Verizon and Comcast and Time Warner Cable, Bright House Communications now says their customers can also bundle Verizon Wireless services. ..

ITALIAN926
join:2003-08-16

ITALIAN926

Wasted Opportunity

Now that restrictions have been lifted by the DOJ prohibiting cross marketing between VZW and FiOS, when will we see technology connecting the two?

Oh, and having Verizon FiOS stores and Verizon Wireless stores across the street from each other is awefully ridiculous. Time to co-habitate.
88615298 (banned)
join:2004-07-28
West Tenness

88615298 (banned)

You do realize they are different companies. I supposed you think Time Warner and Time warner Cable are the same company too.
tim tim tim
join:2010-08-14
Lutz, FL

tim tim tim

probably so...

I think this is good for consumers. My question is that will this eventually be available where the cable companies compete with fios.

ITALIAN926

ITALIAN926 to 88615298

to 88615298
Yea, well, they are much more closely related than BRIGHT HOUSE, Doncha think !?

I mean afterall, they are under the same COMPANY NAME and STOCK SYMBOL.
tim tim tim
join:2010-08-14
Lutz, FL

tim tim tim

I dont know where you live either but here in tampa, FIOS is sold out of the verizon wireless stores.
elefante72
join:2010-12-03
East Amherst, NY

elefante72

Here in sunny Buffalo, they are separate. They actually shy away from you going to the store though and it holds hours worse than the post office.

Every time I have dealt w/ equipment (outside of install), they send me a box and UPS or USPS picks it up at my door the next day. Very convenient if you ask me. They also take the equipment off the books when they send the box, not when it is returned so you are not penalized for doing it this way. In addition my cablecard took 5 minutes to setup. Verizon seems to have their stuff together.

TWC has an office 5 min from my house, so it's easier to go in there, because their logistics were nowhere as integrated as Verizon.

I don't see an issue with bundling, especially if it is voluntary and there is a benefit to the consumer. Verizon does a 4-play in my area, so what's the difference?
tmc8080
join:2004-04-24
Brooklyn, NY

tmc8080

all about profit

this shows you verizon could give a turd about FIOS..
hocking VZW at every cable company doorstep..

bobjohnson
Premium Member
join:2007-02-03
Spartanburg, SC

bobjohnson to tim tim tim

Premium Member

to tim tim tim

Re: Wasted Opportunity

said by tim tim tim:

probably so...

I think this is good for consumers. My question is that will this eventually be available where the cable companies compete with fios.

In their press release it says they are adding this in other markets soon. They stayed away from Tampa on the launch for a reason i'm sure. Isn't the Tampa area the only market that BHN competes with VZ?

Anonymous_
Anonymous
Premium Member
join:2004-06-21

Anonymous_

Premium Member

TWC is doing the same

TWC is doing the same here in Socal

ITALIAN926

ITALIAN926 to tmc8080

to tmc8080

Re: all about profit

When you see Verizon no longer airing a FiOS commercial every 30 seconds, then somebody would agree with you. You think those ads are cheap?