spacer

spacer

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc

spacer

how-to block ads

view:
topics flat nest 
Comments on news posted 2012-11-12 19:31:41: • Prepaid or postpaid?: The fight for your cell phone dollars [cnet.com] • Sprint, Verizon, others argue for role in building FirstNet 700 MHz LTE network [fiercewireless.com] • Is a new iPhone 5S in trial production? [nbcnews. ..

skeechan
Ai Otsukaholic
Premium
join:2012-01-26
AA169|170
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Clear Wireless
·Cox HSI
·Verizon FiOS

1 recommendation

Teen hacker ban

I know the article mention that such bans have been tossed out, but the alternative is certainly worse...FPMITAP.

Such bans should be totally enforceable with the alternative being prison. If you don't want to be raped, you stay off the Internetz; your choice. It should be a condition of parole or probation or whatever and if not agreed to then you rot 6-12mos in a 10x10 and be someone's new gf.

FFH5
Premium
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ
kudos:5
said by skeechan:

I know the article mention that such bans have been tossed out, but the alternative is certainly worse...FPMITAP.

Such bans should be totally enforceable with the alternative being prison. If you don't want to be raped, you stay off the Internetz; your choice. It should be a condition of parole or probation or whatever and if not agreed to then you rot 6-12mos in a 10x10 and be someone's new gf.

The writer of the news item was all "how can we treat him so badly?" Well, he was a stinking criminal. He should be glad they aren't sending him to prison.
--
A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves money from the public treasury.

battleop

join:2005-09-28
reply to skeechan
One of the comments complained....

"Without the internet, he's going to suffer a lot more than missing out on Twitter and YouTube."

Yea, that's the point.
--
I do not, have not, and will not work for AT&T/Comcast/Verizon/Charter or similar sized company.

Premium
join:2004-07-28
West Tenness
said by battleop:

One of the comments complained....

"Without the internet, he's going to suffer a lot more than missing out on Twitter and YouTube."

Yea, that's the point.

Also how much internet will he have gotten access to in prison?

Sammer

join:2005-12-22
Canonsburg, PA

Sprint, Verizon, others argue for role in building FirstNet

It's important that only carriers who agree to have full LTE device interoperability across the entire 700 MHz spectrum be allowed to have a role in building the FirstNet public safety network.

CXM_Splicer
Looking at the bigger picture
Premium
join:2011-08-11
NYC
reply to skeechan

Re: Teen hacker ban

So a kid who has a talent for talking passwords out of stupid CSRs deserves to be raped in prison; interesting scales of justice you have there.

The Limit
Premium
join:2007-09-25
Greensboro, NC
I've noticed that many of us here don't tend to show much compassion. You shouldn't really be surprised.

neftv

join:2000-10-01
Broomall, PA

Prepaid is just more attractive right now

I would have to say that prepaid just seems more attractive right now. I have TMobile $30/month 5gig 100min plan on my Dell Venue Pro phone which I purchased a few months back from NewEgg at $219. I quite happy with this arrangement and saving well over $30/month. If I can keep this going for a year I might be able to outright purchase a Nokia Lumia 920 phone and then switch to an AT&T MVNO just to get better building penetration of signal at a couple places I go to. Or will see how TMobile swap goes too maybe I just stick with TMobile and an unlocked Nokia 920 is expected to work after the swap in 3g.

skeechan
Ai Otsukaholic
Premium
AA169|170
reply to The Limit

Re: Teen hacker ban

Who should be shown compassion are the victims of the crimes. For the convicted criminal the compassion is in not having this a capital crime. If he doesn't like it, he can sit in prison for awhile, reflecting on the wrongs he committed.

The Limit
Premium
Greensboro, NC
Reviews:
·Windstream
I understand that part of the point.

However, placing the words "rape" and "prison" in the same sentence, especially with your implication? I don't care what crime was committed, nobody deserves that kind of treatment, and that's where we differ. I believe in harsh punishment, but only if used sparingly, otherwise things get out hand very quickly.
--
"We will evaluate these integrals rigorously if we can, and non-rigorously if we must".
---Victor Moll, invited talk, Tom Osler Fest (April 17, 2010)

CXM_Splicer
Looking at the bigger picture
Premium
join:2011-08-11
NYC
quote:
I believe in harsh punishment, but only if used sparingly, otherwise things get out hand very quickly.

So then you wouldn't consider the death penalty for the CEOs of companies that don't protect sensitive customer data from hackers? Cause that's where I was going next in Skeechan's court

The Limit
Premium
Greensboro, NC
Reviews:
·Windstream
Greedy CEOs don't deserve the death penalty, and ignorant CEOs don't deserve the death penalty. In my opinion, the death penalty should be reserved for those who take an innocent life for no good reason.
--
"We will evaluate these integrals rigorously if we can, and non-rigorously if we must".
---Victor Moll, invited talk, Tom Osler Fest (April 17, 2010)

skeechan
Ai Otsukaholic
Premium
AA169|170
Reviews:
·Clear Wireless
·Cox HSI
·Verizon FiOS
Nah, you should put doing 55 in the left lane on there, getting to McDonald's and not knowing what you want to order, chatting up the bank teller while there are a zillion people behind you in line, having your phone not on vibrate on during a movie...all should be capital crimes.

Meanwhile prison is a very bad place and should be a very bad place. If you don't want to go to prison and have bad things happen to you there, you should avoid committing felonies. It's really not that hard.