spacer

spacer

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc

spacer

how-to block ads

view:
topics flat nest 
Comments on news posted 2012-11-16 12:25:44: In addition to the suite of changes coming to Google TV, Google now says that GoogleTV embedded LG televisions will also come with embedded OnLive gaming functionality. ..

norbert26
Premium
join:2010-08-10
Warwick, RI

Heavy lifting

As pointed out its better to put these functions in a disposable set top box , DVD player, or game console. These are easy to change out at much lower cost as opposed to changing out lets say a 60'' TV along with the labor of physicly removing the old one and installing the new one.

Joe12345678

join:2003-07-22
Des Plaines, IL

on live is bandwidth hog and can hit your cap hard

on live is bandwidth hog and can hit your cap hard

dnoyeB
Ferrous Phallus

join:2000-10-09
Southfield, MI
kudos:1

True

I bought a fancy AVR recently with networking. Now i just want my AVR to be an AVR. Leave the digital streaming to the pros...

Premium
join:2004-07-28
West Tenness
reply to Joe12345678

Re: on live is bandwidth hog and can hit your cap hard

yep. you can count on about 3 GB an hour.

nosmarttv

@anonymouse.org

Nope

Hope this embedding of software/smart tv fad dies out. More useless crap for the majority of people and this will just add to the cost of a the tv.

when I think of such tv's off the shelf computers with loaded crapware comes to mind, finding a quality plain jane 1080p will be hard to find.

XANAVirus
Premium
join:2012-03-03
Lavalette, WV
Reviews:
·Callcentric
·Comcast

Agreed.

Plus, if you have to get a new TV at some point, all your settings and preferences will be totally gone - if you just had another box (Roku, Google TV, Apple TV), it wouldn't matter how many TVs you had to switch all your 'smart TV' stuff would still be there.

Tobester

join:2000-11-14
San Francisco, CA

Google TV privacy

I'd love to read the privacy statement accompanying the new Google TV.

Knowing Google, it is tracking your viewing habits to sell to the highest bidder.