dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
view:
topics flat nest 
Comments on news posted 2012-11-19 15:27:12: Time Warner Cable's "six strikes" anti-piracy measures won't include the filtering of any websites, Broadband Reports has learned. ..

page: 1 · 2 · next

birdfeedr
MVM
join:2001-08-11
Warwick, RI

2 edits

4 recommendations

birdfeedr

MVM

Obligatory rant from Tennessee

To save some of the effort and repetition,

• Only copyright infringers will receive the notices.
• Everybody who uses torrents are pirating something.
• If you pay for content, that's what you're supposed to do.
• Content producers have the right to control access.
• Anyone who wants something different than what the studios/labels want are pirates.
• You only have rights to view/play the content. You do not own it.

Now that these points are made up front, they don't need to be repeated endlessly.

Did I miss one?

[edit to add]
• It's against ISP TOS, therefore safe harbor provision can be selectively enforced.
• Enforcement action is merely "educational" and short term, so it doesn't have lasting effect if you aren't a pirate.
• Defending yourself for $35 is worth it if you aren't a pirate, since only pirates will get notices.
• If you do nothing wrong, you won't get a notice.
• You are responsible for your internet connection. You need to monitor your kids and Thanksgiving houseguests.
• Wireless security is your responsibility. You deserve a notice if your wireless is hijacked.
• If you make it to 5 notices, whatever happens is your fault.
• The system will have no false positives. If you're tagged, it's real.
• Don't sweat it until you get a notice. Then you get to take action. After all, you have 5 more to go.
• Most people who claim innocence, are not really.

ptrowski
Got Helix?
Premium Member
join:2005-03-14
Woodstock, CT

1 recommendation

ptrowski

Premium Member

Re: Obligatory rant from Tennessee

Seriously laughed and spit out my water. Thanks.
Kamus
join:2011-01-27
El Paso, TX

Kamus to birdfeedr

to birdfeedr
said by birdfeedr:

Only copyright infringers will receive the notices.

So pretty much everyone? (though there are some people that actually believe they have never, ever infringed copyright)
But i guess if you infringe copyright on YouTube they'll let that one go.

Verizon (and other ISP's as well) has never been really serious about their high speed offerings as they are artificially inflated. They would have no problem in offering much higher speeds to their entry level plans, but they choose not to do it anyway.

And just to show they could do it. They do offer much higher speeds just for bragging rights. This is evident by the fact that it's priced just high enough so most people never consider getting it, but still get the PR from doing it. (and well, also evidenced by the fact that Google isn't doing any magic tricks by offering a symmetrical gigabit for 70 bucks. As current technology makes that price/performance ratio possible)

And now we get even more evidence of this by the fact that they are willing to send their customers to last decade speeds if they don't behave as if they were living in it.

Google's plans when making devices like their Nexus phones and tablets is to show manufacturers how to go about it to make competent devices (at least that was the idea when it all started)
Now they are attempting to do this with internet connectivity, by showing ISP's how to offer speeds that are worthy of this decade.

But what they don't seem to realize (or maybe they do but are hopeful?), is that ISP's have absolutely no interest in doing this in the first place. Since of course those ISP's also happen to be content distributors. on something that isn't nearly as competitive as the internet.

N3OGH
Yo Soy Col. "Bat" Guano
Premium Member
join:2003-11-11
Philly burbs

N3OGH

Premium Member

I can honestly say I've never violated copyright. I have no file trading software on my computer, and the only place I download music from is iTunes. With the exception of surfing the web, paying bills, the only thing I use my Internet for is streaming XM, and streaming Netflix to my Internet enabled TV.

Now, if something I have downloaded from iTunes or watched on Netflix was not properly cleared through copyright, I'm not the one who violated copyright, the provider did. I paid for what I thought was a properly obtained content. No Mens Rea exists, and being a reasonable person I had every reason to believe the multinational corporation I am paying for content properly vetted its offering.
Kamus
El Paso, TX

Kamus

said by N3OGH:

I can honestly say I've never violated copyright.

I believe you in thinking you've never done it. But if you've ever been on YouTube there's a HUGE chance you have. or watched something a friend posted on Facebook, etc. If you have ever listened to a friends mixed tape (or if you're not old enough for that, a mixed CD) or recorded anything from the radio at some point if in your life. You have, in effect, violated copyright.

So while unlike most people you might not be aware of it, it doesn't mean you haven't done it repeatedly.

ITALIAN926
join:2003-08-16

ITALIAN926

Copyright holders can easily have material removed from youtube
Kamus
El Paso, TX

Kamus

said by ITALIAN926:

Copyright holders can easily have material removed from youtube

Yes.

birdfeedr
MVM
Warwick, RI

birdfeedr to Kamus

MVM

to Kamus
said by Kamus:

said by N3OGH:

I believe you in thinking you've never done it. But if you've ever been on YouTube there's a HUGE chance you have. or watched something a friend posted on Facebook, etc. If you have ever listened to a friends mixed tape (or if you're not old enough for that, a mixed CD) or recorded anything from the radio at some point if in your life. You have, in effect, violated copyright.

Q: Why is the **AA staying away from Google?
A: ISP subscribers are easier pickings, especially since they've got the ISPs on board.

Good luck getting Google to cripple their service.

N3OGH
Yo Soy Col. "Bat" Guano
Premium Member
Philly burbs

N3OGH to Kamus

Premium Member

to Kamus
It was my understanding under fair use that it was legal to tape a song from FM radio. Can't remember if I did it when I was a kid, that was a long time ago.

Never passed around mix tapes, just wasn't my thing.

I think both examples are a bit out of context. We are talking about violating copyright via the Internet. Two COMPLETELY different animals.

Taping a song off the radio produces a clearly inferior product the degrades in quality exponentially with every subsequent generation. Mix tapes degrade as well and you pretty much only trade them with a few people.

With the Internet, I can trade with anyone in the word instantaneously, with no loss of quality whatsoever.

Big difference...
Kamus
El Paso, TX

Kamus

said by N3OGH:

With the Internet, I can trade with anyone in the word instantaneously, with no loss of quality whatsoever.

Big difference...

I know! It's so much better isn't it? ^_-

--EDIT-- You reminded me of this:

»www.youtube.com/watch?v= ··· KsOFEEqQ

OhReally
@141.191.36.x

OhReally to N3OGH

Anon

to N3OGH
It's easy to play holier-than-thou, isn't it?

Two completely different animals?

So, are you saying that copyright infringement on the internet is a big no-no, but infringement in the real world is okay? You do realize that the average person unknowingly violates copyright infringement dozens of times per day. Some of it is excused by fair use (fair use only means that the infringement is not actionable, but it is still considered infringement), but most of it is not.

Ever sing a song, whistle or hum while walking down the street? Infringement!

Ever sing Happy Birthday at a party? Infringement!

Use a copier? Share a recipe? Snap a photo of someone next to a statue? Infringement! Infringement! Infringement!

It is incredibly hard to avoid infringing activities, but apparently it is incredibly easy to excuse your own as harmless while condemning everyone else as immoral.

N3OGH
Yo Soy Col. "Bat" Guano
Premium Member
Philly burbs

1 recommendation

N3OGH

Premium Member

Oh please, spare me the self righteous bullshit. People singing happy birthday and and taking pictures in front of statues have no clue. Even if they did, it's a totally different animal and you clearly know it.

If I travel & take a picture in front of a statue with a friend, just how do I compensate the copyright holder? Where do I pay for participating in a happy birthday singalong?

If I install file sharing software on my computer in order to download popular music or a movie that's only in theaters then I clearly know what I'm doing.

Making every effort to consume content from what I believe to be authorized providers whom I am paying proper compensation isn't self righteous. It's being a law abiding citizen.

Go on being a thief (or an advocate for the same). If it makes you feel good to call me self righteous, so be it. It doesn't make what you are doing, or what you advocate right.....

ITALIAN926

ITALIAN926

LOL I almost wet my pants with the Happy Birthday example. Yea buddy, thats the same as illegally downloading a movie while its still in theaters.

These thieves are so entertaining, I probably wouldnt come to this website if they didnt flock here.

OhReally
@141.191.36.x

OhReally to N3OGH

Anon

to N3OGH
Please point out to me where I admitted to any thievery or infringement or advocated the same. You can't, because I didn't.

I, however, can easily point out your own statement:

- N3OGH

There's nothing honest about that. It is a bold claim that cannot possibly be true. I was merely pointing out that it is impossible to be entirely guilt-free when it comes to modern copyright law. And claiming to be guilt-free while preaching to everyone else is incredibly hypocritical.

As so many have pointed out, infringement is infringement -- no matter how big or small. Whether committed against the rich or poor, corporations or individuals, online or offline, intentionally or unintentionally. The law still considers it all infringement and therefore wrong. And fair use only counts once you have proven it in a court of law.

It's pretty clear that the one being self-righteous is you.

Have a nice day!

ITALIAN926

1 edit

ITALIAN926

quote:
- N3OGH
.... and being so damn intelligent, you should be able to conclude that he's referring to uploading/downloading music/movies/software on the internet. He even explains himself fully following that quote anyway.

But thanx for explaining how everyone breaks copyright every single day, in an attempt to justify people who maliciously infringe on copyrighted material via the 'net.

There is no justification, its against the law. The end.

captnhook
join:2001-02-20
NY

captnhook to N3OGH

to N3OGH
Warner/Chappell Music currently collects royalties for the Commercial use of "Happy Birthday", private performances of the song do not require compensation.

birdfeedr
MVM
Warwick, RI

birdfeedr to Kamus

MVM

to Kamus
said by Kamus:

said by birdfeedr:

Only copyright infringers will receive the notices.

So pretty much everyone? (though there are some people that actually believe they have never, ever infringed copyright)

This is clearly directed to current Six Strikes efforts at this time.

CptSpaulding
join:2009-07-21
Cincinnati, OH

CptSpaulding to birdfeedr

to birdfeedr
â€Â¢ Everybody who uses torrents are pirating something.
CptSpaulding

CptSpaulding to birdfeedr

to birdfeedr
said by birdfeedr:
.Everybody who uses torrents are pirating something.

Wrong. People get Linux distros etc. Just because you use torrents doesn't mean you pirate as well.

ITALIAN926

ITALIAN926

BlaBlaBla

OK, so 99% of the material downloaded via Torrents is Illegal. Get real man. Every time Ive seen someone using Torrents, its 20 copyrighted movies in queue.

CptSpaulding
join:2009-07-21
Cincinnati, OH

CptSpaulding

I am not saying "everyone", I'm saying just b/c you use torrents doesn't mean you pirate. This whole comment section is BS. Sounds like some Time Warner employee in here. birdfeedr probably has a torrent client running now seeding all kinds of copyright material. Who really gives a shit.

birdfeedr
MVM
Warwick, RI

birdfeedr

MVM

said by CptSpaulding:

birdfeedr probably has a torrent client running now seeding all kinds of copyright material.

Actually I don't. I think I've used a torrent client three times, and in every instance, to locate and download published material that is out of print. One was a repair manual.

»Re: [Northeast] Available FiOS Internet usage meters?
Does this look like a bandwidth chart for a person seeding torrents.
And, an explanation of my typical usage. »Re: [Northeast] Available FiOS Internet usage meters?

And, you're right, I really don't care.

Now, in this age of bought and complicated laws, I know what an ordinary person would consider reasonable and fair use. I stay within that boundary, and don't have any problems sleeping at night or worrying whether I will get some false positive.

If I do, I assure you it won't be me paying for my defense after I'm done. Somebody's going to be the test case, and I seriously doubt it will be me, but I won't shy away from it if it comes to pass.

My original post was really an attempt at sarcasm, because so many on both sides of the question get their panties in a twist over this.
91862239 (banned)
join:2011-10-15
Brownsville, TX

91862239 (banned) to birdfeedr

to birdfeedr
I have an army of lawyers ready to take twc down if they disconnect my internet
PsychoSy
join:2001-01-15
Monroe, MI

PsychoSy to birdfeedr

to birdfeedr
*sidelong glance at uTorrent seeing Linux Mint 14 ISOs*

It's called counter-piracy, matey! I can't help meself - makin' those landlubbers at Microsoft walk the plank really puts the extra shiver in me timber ... *thumps third leg on deck* ... if ye sprechen me deutsch - HAR!
funny0
join:2010-12-22

funny0 to birdfeedr

to birdfeedr
said by birdfeedr:

• Only copyright infringers will receive the notices.
• If you pay for content, that's what you're supposed to do.
• Content producers have the right to control access.
• Anyone who wants something different than what the studios/labels want are pirates.
• You only have rights to view/play the content. You do not own it.

Now that these points are made up front, they don't need to be repeated endlessly.

Did I miss one?

[edit to add]
• It's against ISP TOS, therefore safe harbor provision can be selectively enforced.
• Enforcement action is merely "educational" and short term, so it doesn't have lasting effect if you aren't a pirate.
• Defending yourself for $35 is worth it if you aren't a pirate, since only pirates will get notices.
• If you do nothing wrong, you won't get a notice.
• You are responsible for your internet connection. You need to monitor your kids and Thanksgiving houseguests.
• Wireless security is your responsibility. You deserve a notice if your wireless is hijacked.
• If you make it to 5 notices, whatever happens is your fault.
• The system will have no false positives. If you're tagged, it's real.
• Don't sweat it until you get a notice. Then you get to take action. After all, you have 5 more to go.
• Most people who claim innocence, are not really.

and what if i am giving out somehitng i made via torrents?
WHAT if i nvm usa is scewed enjoy being like france ..everyone should drop the internet ( what hollywood wants ) and totally screw these companies over. i dunno go pay a debt or taxes or some shit...

MOWAA
join:2010-03-25
Fort Lauderdale, FL

MOWAA to birdfeedr

to birdfeedr
said by birdfeedr:

Everybody who uses torrents are pirating something.

Wow thats some self-righteousness going on there and yes i detect the sarcasm in it

I make torrents for our software packages we develop and distribute them to our clients at their request.
So I guess my company is guilty.

Also if I commit a crime even though copyright infringement is a civil matter since there are no criminal penalties like incarceration involved in my personal life why does anyone freaking give a rats rear end about it.

Heck if you kill your next door neighbor I could care less about that and even less that you steal copyrighted material.
Maybe Im just jaded or an Anarchist at heart who knows.

In closing Ill add my usual rant
Death to the MPAA, Death to the RIAA and Death to the BSA.
DabberDan
join:2004-11-15
Canada

DabberDan

Guilty!

As of a customer's third and fourth violations, they'll be greeted with a splash screen forcing them to acknowledge the accusation that they've traded a copyrighted file, and unless they click through -- they can't access the Internet.
This isn't a splash screen. It's an "I'm guilty even though I have no idea what the file is or who on my network sent it".

TechyDad
Premium Member
join:2001-07-13
USA

TechyDad

Premium Member

Re: Guilty!

I was wondering what the wording of the notice would be. Will it be "I have received this notification of an accusation" or will it be "I agree that I have violated copyright and promise not to do it again"? If it's the latter, do they provide contact information to protest and get your Internet access back without "admitting" to the false positive?

If there isn't an easy appeal process then the system could be abused and anyone can make any accusation and push people to the five level. If a forum administrator were to get upset with someone, they could log their IP address and make repeated false copyright violation claims against the user to get them suspended.

Cjones
@teksavvy.com

Cjones

Anon

the relation isn't quite understood

Dear TW and other providers
You seem to misunderstand the relations between us. Let me explain them, if I may.
1. I pay you a mutually agreed upon amount of money.
2. You provide me with a service and, possibly, some equipment.
3. If I damage your lines/equipment, or if I don't make the said payments, you are able to cut me off from the flow of bits.
4. If You make changes to the service I don't like, or if I don't require the service any longer, I am able cut you off from the flow of money.
5. Given the current state of technology, including encryption, VPN systems, etc, I am able to enforce the relations as stated above.

Respectfully submitted.

Your service user

That is why I foam at the mouth when I hear the idea of my browser being "restored". TW has neither the right nor the ability to remove or restore anything except their service.
Mr Matt
join:2008-01-29
Eustis, FL

1 recommendation

Mr Matt

Admit guilt even if you are not guilty of infringement.

Seems unconstitutional to me.

"As of a customer's third and fourth violations, they'll be greeted with a splash screen forcing them to acknowledge the accusation that they've traded a copyrighted file, and unless they click through -- they can't access the Internet."

What does a customer do it they did not download copyrighted material and Time Warner forces them to admit guilt of infringement by blocking their connection to the internet until they do?

What if the person infringing is someone that is visiting and does the dirty deed while you do not have a clue what is going on. The guest downloads infringing files via customers broadband connection without anyone's knowledge, each time they visit. Customer should have a choice of denying infringing and the denial would generate a report of the time, date and identity of the infringement(s). Customer reviews the report and discovers that a guest was visiting each time the infringement occurred. Time to blow the whistle on guest.

kontos
xyzzy
join:2001-10-04
West Henrietta, NY

1 recommendation

kontos

Re: Admit guilt even if you are not guilty of infringement.

acknowledge the accusation is NOT equal to acknowledge guilt

joao
@telemar.net.br

joao

Anon

said by kontos:

acknowledge the accusation is NOT equal to acknowledge guilt

joao

cdru
Go Colts
MVM
join:2003-05-14
Fort Wayne, IN

1 recommendation

cdru to Mr Matt

MVM

to Mr Matt
said by Mr Matt:

Admit guilt even if you are not guilty of infringement.

Seems unconstitutional to me.

It's a civil matter between 2 non-government parties, so constitutional issues do not apply.

What does a customer do it they did not download copyrighted material and Time Warner forces them to admit guilt of infringement by blocking their connection to the internet until they do?

Well, they could appeal it. And from the article it sounds like they won't be blocked while it's in appeal.

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA
TP-Link TD-8616
Asus RT-AC66U B1
Netgear FR114P

1 recommendation

NormanS to Mr Matt

MVM

to Mr Matt
Just click through the damned pages, already. That is no more an admission of guilt than your signature on a speeding ticket is an admission of guilt. By clicking through the offered pages you are acknowledging that you have received notice of an accusation of piracy, and "assimilated" certain BS propaganda disguised as, "educational material". Then you get your Internet access back.

Until an agent of the MPAA/RIAA shows up on your doorstep to serve you a court order to appear before a judge in a court of law, this is just a BS circle jerk you have to work through; a "speed bump" on the Information Highway".

kpfx
join:2005-10-28
San Antonio, TX

1 recommendation

kpfx

Brings up an interesting point....

I keep an open wireless connection for visitors at my house (openwireless.org). The ISP can't verify that it was actually me that then clicked on that acknowledgement page should it come up.

But that also goes back to the whole problem of this accusation system... that an IP address does not equal a person and is not guaranteed to lead to the person supposedly violating said copyright.
gkloepfer
Premium Member
join:2012-07-21
Austin, TX

gkloepfer

Premium Member

Most ISP TOSs essentially say that the person who is the subscriber to the Internet services is responsible for anything that is done on their connection. If you choose to allow guests or other individuals access to your service, that's OK as long as you assume responsibility for their behavior while using it.

Effectively, the ISP (in this case, Time Warner/RoadRunner) is saying, "You can't use our Internet services to illegally access copyrighted material."

So all this said, yeah, I think the whole thing is absurd, and frankly it seems like it's going to take an awful lot of resources to both detect and enforce this whole thing...resources that could be better spent giving us better service. Thanks a bunch, RIAA (said rich in sarcasm)...

N3OGH
Yo Soy Col. "Bat" Guano
Premium Member
Philly burbs

N3OGH to Mr Matt

Premium Member

to Mr Matt
UGH. I love when people pull the old "unconstitutional" horse out of the barn.

The Constitution regulates the relationship between you and the government. It has nothing to do with your relationship with an ISP.

You don't have a Constitutional right to Internet service. If you didn't download the pirated materials (this being the 5th warning) don't click the button that says you did it. It's that simple. Until you settle things otherwise with TW, you have no Internet.

So either you say "screw it" and click through & you pay the price that way, or you don't and you prove to TW you didn't violate copyright laws.

Either way, it's your connection, you're responsible for whatever is downloaded from it. Secure your WiFi, be selective who you give access to it.

kontos
xyzzy
join:2001-10-04
West Henrietta, NY

1 edit

kontos

Kicked off the net

quote:
the mitigation measure in this case is a suspension of their service beginning 14 days after acknowledgement of the notice, unless an appeal is filed
Is it just me, or does this sound pretty much like getting kicked off the 'Net after your six-strikes?

You know like the lady from the CCI police said was not going to happen.

cdru
Go Colts
MVM
join:2003-05-14
Fort Wayne, IN

cdru

MVM

Re: Kicked off the net

If you read the next paragraph, you'd know that once you're "kicked off" you just have to listen to a script read to you by a half brain-dead CSR, at which point they push a button and you have service again. It's no more kicking you off the net as holding you at a captive page that you have to click an acknowledge button.
XknightHawkX
join:2003-02-13
East Peoria, IL

XknightHawkX

Downloaded??

"simply be sent an e-mail informing they've downloaded copyrighted material"

How do they know what you downloaded unless they uploaded it to you. In which case I believe is entrapment. Then again Downloading on some apps you are uploading what you got to other people.

Always mentioning downloading. It's uploading that they bust you on.

skeechan
Ai Otsukaholic
Premium Member
join:2012-01-26
AA169|170

skeechan

Premium Member

Who gives a crap...seriously?

While most everyone here will get their panties in a bunch this really isn't a big deal. You can get caught a crap load of times before anything actually happens and under this system you get a heads up that you got pinched (without you having to admit anything) so you can change your methods for pirating should you choose to ignore the warnings.

And seriously, what percentage of people will be wrongly dinged? A fraction of a percent and then so what? They click through and in a second they're back off doing whatever they're doing with a notice that they may want to check the security of their home network to make sure they're are no leeches or their kids aren't DLing a bunch of crap.

Seems perfectly reasonable to me.

MxxCon
join:1999-11-19
Brooklyn, NY

MxxCon

Lose arbitration?

So they have a clause where you can challenge your accusation through arbitration(that $35 fee). In the video they said if you win your arbitration trial your counter gets reset to 0.

But what happens if you lose that arbitration?

tomatojuice

Anon

If you can, vote with your feet

I'm waiting for WOW Cable to install their service, then good bye Time Warner.
RamsteinUSA
join:2007-02-15
Scio, OR

RamsteinUSA

vote in leadrers that send you to re-education camps!

vote in leaders that send you to re-education camps!

wes7979
@sprint.com

wes7979

Anon

vpn

run it all over a vpn tunnel if they look into enctypted packet data over vpn there violating wire tap laws end of story

ShootToThril
Tell The Truth
Premium Member
join:2004-06-07
Sherman Oaks, CA

ShootToThril

Premium Member

VPN?

Nobody has brought this up yet and I'm not saying i condone piracy of any kind but wouldn't using a well established VPN service override this ISP Mambo Jumbo?
camaroz
join:2002-10-23
Longwood, FL

camaroz

Re: VPN?

I also wonder how they force that "splash page" to come up. I personally do not use TWC dns servers, because I am sick of the forced page on dns failure.

If they are forcing it through dns, there are some people that would never see it.
steevo22
join:2002-10-17
Fullerton, CA

steevo22

Now they will have real liability

TWC enjoyed the "safe harbor" doctrine as an ISP. They are not supposed to know what their customers are doing. If they don't know they have no liability.

However, if they actively monitor the customers on their network then they know what's going on.

If they never cared, that's one thing.

If they know, now it might be illegal, and do either anything or nothing.

As long as they know and do nothing they are complicit. If they know and take action to stop the piracy, they can be accused of censorship.

They are damned if they do, damned if they don't, once they know.

I'd think it would be in their best interest to not take steps to get knowledge of alleged piracy on their network. Sometimes it's in your best interest to know nothing.

freeNclear
@myvzw.com

freeNclear

Anon

Re: Now they will have real liability

Speaking of liability...
Internet Security protection and or Firewalls with AV, AS, etc.
1. What if a subscriber is infected with Spyware, Viruses, Bots, and Trojans that being used to pass piracy traffic?
2. What if a subscriber is protected but was still vulnerable due to lack of updates provided by the Security software (Norton, McAfee, Kaspersky, etc...) or hardware provider (Cisco, Fortinet, Juniper, Netgear, etc...) to handle new threats. Who is responsible and liable then since subscriber took preventive measures to mitigate vulnerabilities?
40757180 (banned)
join:2009-11-01

40757180 (banned)

Easy way to get out of contract?

So for those that are under contract,if their service is stopped it means time warner cable have breach contract to provide service? If so contract is null and void and person is free to change isp?
steevo22
join:2002-10-17
Fullerton, CA

steevo22

Re: Easy way to get out of contract?

The problem is the contract only goes one way.

You are under contract to keep using them, but they are not forced to provide service to you.

A one sided contract.

It might be unconscionable.

momoo
@rr.com

momoo

Anon

to hell

power in numbers dump them and they will cry

bonehead
@clickit-inc.com

bonehead

Anon

How is this not related?

They illegally accessed my computer by not getting permission.
»mashable.com/2012/11/20/ ··· hable%29

Longhaul444

Anon

Makes me laugh

LOL, gonna reduce my d/l speeds... HA HA HA!!! They can't even give me what I pay for and constantly have to reset the router b/c it drops from 45m to 7m d/l speeds on a weekly basis. I use torrents through the games I play. WOT is one I use. I d/l the torrent through them. I admit I have used some software off TPB, and I have went and bought it as I liked it and kept getting crashes from it. Piracy would be slowed down if software companies used a try before you buy on their material. I mean you get to test drive a car before you buy it, why not be allowed to test drive the software before you buy it? I don't like the fact of having to pay for a product and then come to find out I don't like it. You can't return opened software. You will never stop piracy, but if a little common sense was used you can slow it down.

gjrhine
join:2001-12-12
Pawleys Island, SC

gjrhine

Forget it all

and use Usenet.
sandytrat
join:2002-11-03
Columbus, OH

sandytrat

e-mail?

They're going to notify by email?
They don't have our email address. I've never once used their crappy email service.
I'm glad I don't down load American produced garbage via bittorrent.
Usenet ROCKS!

mine
@rr.com

mine

Anon

funny

if i buy a cd its mine! I fucking bought it and I fucking own it! I can do whatever the fuck I want with it. All of this is pure bullshit! Its all greedy fucking whining bithes sitting around trying to figure out more ways to screw people out of their money!
page: 1 · 2 · next