spacer

spacer

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc

spacer

how-to block ads

view:
topics flat nest 
Comments on news posted 2012-11-20 09:13:13: AT&T has once again revamped their calling, texting and Wi-Fi access plans for customers traveling outside of the United States. ..

gworkman7

join:2005-10-18
Laveen, AZ
Reviews:
·PHONE POWER

Viva Mexico Plan is much cheaper

»www.wireless.att.com/learn/inter···xico.jsp

900 minutes + unlimited cell to cell (IN US) + 1000 nights and weekend for $74.95.

Not sure I understand the benefit of 500 minutes for $120.

chgo_man99

join:2010-01-01
San Jose, CA
reply to cchhat01

Re: Isn't corporate greed just fascinating...

I noticed the default pay-per-minute call rate in canada went up to $1.00 from $0.79 (and $.59 optional add-on canadian call plan).

In addition, their at&t call international app they released to compete with skype, no longer works correctly on iphone 5, their app developers are being slow in releasing fix.

They let you to drop calling plans sooner than 1 month though, so you get proportioned minutes and plan cost.

chgo_man99

San Jose, CA
reply to gworkman7

Re: Viva Mexico Plan is much cheaper

its probably for those who don't travel often and don't wanna change voice plan, I don't know if changing voice plan on att extends your contract.

Beans5

join:2005-07-16
united state

Change of plan

Does this mean that I can change my current domestic plan? maybe I can take the international plan to save money. With rollover I should be able to save something, or build something with all those unused minutes.

chgo_man99

San Jose, CA

so for those of us who cross border for only a few days

while getting local sim is best option, what about those who want to keep us phone working and not forward calls (since how would you forward texts?)

I wonder if you add canadian 30min plan for $30 for only 3 days, does that mean you get 8 minutes to talk for $3 with overage of $.50 per minute if you drop too soon or too short of used minutes? Seems to be a little better deal than old $4 plan with $0.59 per minute

BiggA

join:2005-11-23
EARTH
reply to koolman2

Re: Why so expensive in Camada/Mexico?

Good point. Greed? That's a good differentiator for them, given that AT&T has a better network in Alaska.

chgo_man99

San Jose, CA
reply to koolman2

Re: Why so expensive in Canada/Mexico?

yeah, but on other side, you guys get charged $110 for 22mb cable download.

koolman2
Premium
join:2002-10-01
Anchorage, AK
It's not cheap to maintain thousands of miles of undersea fiber cabling. It's not like GCI is raking in the dough, they've only had modest earnings the last several years.