spacer

spacer

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc

spacer

how-to block ads

view:
topics flat nest 
Comments on news posted 2012-11-21 09:01:16: After receiving some unwanted press attention for a bill that claimed to improve consumer privacy but actually dramatically increased government warrantless surveillance power, Senator Patrick Leahy has scuttled the bill. ..

mwf

join:2000-11-26
Granite Quarry, NC

congress

How about the Senate pass a budget and leave us alone until they can at least do their mandated job?

Just a thought.

TheHelpful1
Premium
join:2002-01-11
Upper Marlboro, MD

SOPA

The press and other groups should keep this story running for at least two weeks to make sure everyone knows this was even proposed and keep it from being quietly swept under the carpet in the face of the backlash, just like SOPA.

Leahy is just a symptom of a larger cancer. I believe his original bill put restraints in, then at the behest of the Law agencies, he re-wrote it in favor of them to require only a subpoena instead of a probable cause search warrant authorized by a Judge.
--
"My weakness is that I care too much"

Harddrive
Proud American and Infidel since 1968.
Premium
join:2000-09-20
DFW
kudos:2

It's very simple.

When the people we elect to serve us actually serve the Government, we the citizens have no one supporting our Rights.

#termlimits4Congress

NOCTech75
Premium
join:2009-06-29
Marietta, GA
Reviews:
·Comcast

He was taking his cue from Pelosi

»www.youtube.com/watch?v=9uC4bXmcUvw

tshirt
Premium,MVM
join:2004-07-11
Snohomish, WA
kudos:4

1 recommendation

How about EVERYTHING needs...

... a warrant?

Warrantless exemption should be few to none and never a blanket exemption.
If it's a little harder to get a warrant, that's good, because it should be.

whew

@myvzw.com

bad news for the future

He still commited a thought crime. Please vote him out Vermont.
jc100

join:2002-04-10

Now if only they'd reverse the UNPATRIOTIC ACT

I'm glad the media has rallied against SOPA and Leahy's new bill. However, we still are under the guise of oppression with the Patriot Act, Warrantless Wiretaps, and NO OVERSIGHT. The FBI's use of Official Letters has reached unprecedented levels.

Why doesn't our knows get the public stirred up about our loss of freedoms or is it they want to give the air that small victories win the battle? We're a far cry from winning the war.
PsychoSy

join:2001-01-15
Monroe, MI
Reviews:
·Charter

Re: Now if only they'd reverse the UNPATRIOTIC ACT

Why doesn't our knows get the public stirred up about our loss of freedoms ...
Because the public held their noses and voted to replace the Vic Mackey Administration with President Aceveda's Schaivo-Land Of Hope And Change replete with the persistently vegetative rictus permanently etched into drooling faces. And before anybody reads me the riot act for insulting Terri Schaivo - you're right. What I just said is indeed a put down to Terry Schaivo. She had no brain stem, and we do. She had a medically valid excuse, and we don't. Sure, I could've used an old and tired chicken metaphor for the sake of tact and sensitivity, but *gasp* that would be an insensitive put down to the bird brained. I'll happily defer to George Carlin's expertise on comparing the decency of the common cluck versus the decency of the common human being ...