spacer

spacer

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc

spacer

how-to block ads

view:
topics flat nest 
Comments on news posted 2012-11-28 08:33:16: Dish and the FCC are engaged in continued public fisticuffs over the FCC's plan to allow Dish to build an LTE network -- with serious conditions. ..

CL

@rcn.com

FCC

As spelled out by DISH ex-parte filing on 11/26 to FCC, the point of the FCC desire to maximize revenues with an auction is not legal. The Telecom act states that the FCC is not allowed to use maximizing public revenue as primary reason to drive telecom policy. DISH will gets its approval with conditions and then sue the crap out of the FCC, tying this up in courts for a long time. That is their modus operandi. They can still act strategically with the approval they obtain and just hold out as the spectrum goes up in value over time. F

FFH5
Premium
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ
kudos:5

Re: FCC

said by CL :

As spelled out by DISH ex-parte filing on 11/26 to FCC, the point of the FCC desire to maximize revenues with an auction is not legal. The Telecom act states that the FCC is not allowed to use maximizing public revenue as primary reason to drive telecom policy. DISH will gets its approval with conditions and then sue the crap out of the FCC, tying this up in courts for a long time. That is their modus operandi. They can still act strategically with the approval they obtain and just hold out as the spectrum goes up in value over time. F

The FCC is again wading hip deep in to a controversy as they push for money in an auction. They did the same stupid thing with Lightsquared and they are doing it all over again with Dish.
--
A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves money from the public treasury.

linicx
Caveat Emptor
Premium
join:2002-12-03
United State
Reviews:
·TracFone Wireless
·CenturyLink

Be careful what you ask for.

Karl,

Ya gotta be kidding? More of the same that is not as responsive as cell - which is not very responsive or responsible by the way - and is utterly useless in some weather conditions.

I can see it now. Lovely to look at, easy to hold, outrageously expensive, over taxed, and not worth a damn wrapped in a two year contract. I have digital; I dropped the poor performing cell which is only slightly worse than the poor performing bundled telco digital phone.

Neither one does the outstanding job POTS did. And wasn't it awful that TELCO was responsible for their lousy installations and was expected to fix it? Not so today.

In the past we always hoped and prayed in a medical emergency if the phone did not work, the car would start and the roads wouldn't be packed with ice and 18" of snow. Today we can count on the telco Voip and satellite to not work in bad weather because there is no signal.

In Illinois my "no tax" governor is already licking his chops over a proposed 15% tax only on rural satellite dish users. It's the same tax on smart phones. I'm rural. I cannot pull a radio signal in my house except by satellite. I receive the "last house" washed out cable signal that will never improve. The same speed cable bundle w/ net and phone is about $40 more per month than phone and internet plus Dish -- even though cable and telco share the same FIOS in the same telco owned CO.
--
Mac: No windows, No Gates, Apple inside