spacer

spacer

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc

spacer

how-to block ads

view:
topics flat nest 
Comments on news posted 2012-12-03 06:58:35: • Clashes over Internet rules to mark Dubai meeting [AP] • The Future of Broadband: Where It's Headed and The Changes That Are About to Come [inventorspot. ..

Goldman

join:2002-06-21
Maumelle, AR

'Father of the Internet' Vint Cerf: Why we must fight

"Google's chief internet evangelist" needs to check his employer when it come to internet censorship. It's one thing to be blocked by governments and quite another to be complicit in the censorship of the internet with those governments.

»en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism_of_Google

cableties
Premium
join:2005-01-27

Re: 'Father of the Internet' Vint Cerf: Why we must fight

said by Goldman:

"Google's chief internet evangelist" needs to check his employer when it come to internet censorship. It's one thing to be blocked by governments and quite another to be complicit in the censorship of the internet with those governments.
»en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism_of_Google

Irony... seems to me that there is always someone with their own interests at stake...at the cost of others.
--
Splat

cableties
Premium
join:2005-01-27

Apple invents wireless charging...

I have a Phillips induction toothbrush.
No Apple logo on that. Good luck Apple. Maybe you can get Phillips banned from sales...

Too bad Apple never put a bump or dimple on their 30pin connector so that most folks can not be frustrated at the design orientation.
--
Splat

battleop

join:2005-09-28

Re: Apple invents wireless charging...

Has not invented anything since Woz left the company. Apple takes ideas from other things adapts them to fit their needs.
--
I do not, have not, and will not work for AT&T/Comcast/Verizon/Charter or similar sized company.

n2jtx

join:2001-01-13
Glen Head, NY

Cogeco

It will be interesting to see if Cogeco can bring their Canadian pricing model to the United States or if they will have to compete. Having seen reports here before about their lousy caps and high overages, it makes me wonder if that is innovation they want to bring to the United States. I feel for the people in their new service area...
--
I support the right to keep and arm bears.
Os

join:2011-01-26
US

Re: Cogeco

I'll get to see firsthand what happens. Considering the competition through most of the ABB footprint is Verizon DSL only, I'm very, very scared.

It is officially on their website that they are a wholly owned subsidiary of Cogeco now, and they never update their web site. There's no new news updates since 2009 when they started carrying the Big Ten Network in the Western Pennsylvania region (except here).

n2jtx

join:2001-01-13
Glen Head, NY

Re: Cogeco

said by Os:

I'll get to see firsthand what happens. Considering the competition through most of the ABB footprint is Verizon DSL only, I'm very, very scared.

Having family in friends in Canada, I have seen firsthand how bad their broadband options are. My sister lives in Rogers territory and a friend lives only a few km away from her in Cogeco territory (Oakville). Funny thing is Cogeco did some line maintenance work on her house when Rogers was having labor issues. Rogers apparently contracted them to handle service calls.

The sad thing is if Cogeco does manage to impose Canadian style restrictions on their service offerings in the U.S., other U.S. providers may follow seeing they can get away with it.
--
I support the right to keep and arm bears.

Guspaz
Guspaz
Premium,MVM
join:2001-11-05
Montreal, QC
kudos:23

Cogeco is bizzare

Their headquarters isn't in their service area. That is to say, the company is based in Montreal, but they do not offer service in Montreal. Their own employees and executives don't (can't) use Cogeco service.
--
Developer: Tomato/MLPPP, Linux/MLPPP, etc »fixppp.org