spacer

spacer

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc

spacer

how-to block ads

view:
topics flat nest 
Comments on news posted 2012-12-09 18:31:54: Whatever happens, don't post anything into the comment section below. ..

prev page · 1 · 2

YukonHawk

join:2001-01-07
Patterson, NY

Here's a question for ya.....

Do you think Comcast would every distribute FTTH to compete with Google FTTH if they were to enter in Comcast's turf?

FFH
Premium
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ
kudos:5

Re: Here's a question for ya.....

said by YukonHawk:

Do you think Comcast would every distribute FTTH to compete with Google FTTH if they were to enter in Comcast's turf?

I think it is possible that Comcast would respond if the costs to upgrade were not outrageous and depending on how many houses Comcast served vs houses passed.
--
A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves money from the public treasury.

YukonHawk

join:2001-01-07
Patterson, NY

Re: Here's a question for ya.....

That sounds like a solid business model. Comcast has been pretty good in my area, but I would love to have FTTH.

ARGONAUT
Have a nice day.
Premium
join:2006-01-24
New Albany, IN
kudos:1

The Best Meteor Shower Of The Year !

The Geminids meteor shower is expected to be an amazing display of natural fireworks and is expected to start on December 13 and 14, ending the year with a bang.

According to SkyandTelescope.com, the debris is traveling at 22 miles per second, so when one of them strikes Earths atmosphere, it is vaporized by air friction, creating the flaming streak across the sky.

Viewers will also be able to get a sneak peek of the shower during the nights of December 11, 12, and 14.

--
Math you do as a republican to make yourself feel better.
CXM_Splicer
Looking at the bigger picture
Premium
join:2011-08-11
NYC
kudos:2

Re: The Best Meteor Shower Of The Year !

And on Feb. 15th, 2013 @18:30 UTC a 45-50 meter diameter asteroid (about the size of a city block) will make the closest 'near-miss' in recorded history. While there is no danger of impact, the asteroid will be a mere .09 lunar distances away... that means 91% closer to us than the moon, closer than our geosynchronous satellites (but still further than our atmosphere). It will be so close, in fact, that its orbit will be substantially deflected by Earth's gravity and it cannot yet be predicted where the new orbit will be. For a handle on the size of this (not very big), the famous Barringer Crater in Arizona is thought to have been made by an object of about this size. You will not be able to see it with the naked eye but you could with good binoculars or a small telescope. I read somewhere that there will be a telescope in Spain watching the event and sending the video out live via the Internet.

The only really 'iffy' things are:

-The orbit after the close encounter.

- Its structure... if it is loosely bound it could be broken apart in the near miss.

NASA made a nice rendering of it:

»www.youtube.com/watch?&v=S7YTmS6U8WM