spacer

spacer

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc

spacer

how-to block ads

view:
topics flat nest 
Comments on news posted 2012-12-11 09:55:59: (attachment)Comcast has unveiled their new logo, which heavily incorporates the familiar NBC peacock. The logo popped up on the company's website yesterday, and will soon be appearing on company business cards, trucks, and buildings. ..

page: 1 · 2 · next

pnh102
Reptiles Are Cuddly And Pretty
Premium
join:2002-05-02
Mount Airy, MD

Weird

This looks like something you'd see in a scifi alternate universe.
--
USA 2012 - the mooches won.

spewak
R.I.P Dadkins
Premium
join:2001-08-07
Elk Grove, CA
kudos:1
Reviews:
·SureWest Internet

whaaa

That's because the wierd appelation "XFINITY" sucks arse!
Or is it because people genuinely abhor comcrap in it's current state?
--
Romney becomes "the" Epic Failure!

Os

join:2011-01-26
US

Xfinity

I still don't get why the name exists, other than to try and hide the fact that the Comcast name in many communities is about as popular as Al-Qaida.

Twaddle

@sbcglobal.net

Where's the penalty?

Comcast spends 13.8 Billion and pays 800K "fine" for flat out lying to the Feds, no one gets punished and everyone makes money right? If it were Joe Blow, lying to the Feds gets jail time AND a fine.
Just more proof that only in Amerika can you buy innocence and justice, Amerika where the Government is for sale to the highest bidder. The stench from Washington DC sickens the common man

insult

@dtra.mil
reply to Os

Re: Xfinity

said by Os:

I still don't get why the name exists, other than to try and hide the fact that the Comcast name in many communities is about as popular as Al-Qaida.

That sir is an insult to Al-Qaida!
Expand your moderator at work

skeechan
Ai Otsukaholic
Premium
join:2012-01-26
AA169|170
kudos:2

It's Comcastic!

We walk into the FCC with bribes, we go to jail, Comcast does it and no problemo.

Synbios

join:2002-05-18
Arlington, VA
reply to Twaddle

Re: Where's the penalty?

This is government AND corporate corruption at the highest level. In the current system, sometimes there is not much difference between the regulators and regulated.

brianiscool

join:2000-08-16
Tampa, FL

haha

That must of taken hours to come up with.

Cheese
Premium
join:2003-10-26
Naples, FL

Pure....

Thane_Bitter
Inquire within
Premium
join:2005-01-20
Reviews:
·Bell Sympatico

Kreative

Shape of things to come
Since Comcast bought NBC shouldn't the NBC logo be under Comcast's?

There are overseas companies which could have come up with a better logo for a fraction of the price. Then again there are tens of thousand of grade school children which also could have done a better job and probably would have settled for a year of internet access as payment.

MalibuMaxx
Premium
join:2007-02-06
Chesterton, IN
reply to Cheese

Re: Pure....

Is that Stephen William Hawking

IowaCowboy
Iowa native
Premium
join:2010-10-16
Springfield, MA
Reviews:
·Verizon Broadban..
·Comcast

I wonder if they'll buy out the local TV stations

My favorite TV station for local newscasts is 22 News WWLP-TV, which is the local NBC affiliate. It is currently owned by LIN corp.

I wonder if the terms of their NBC affiliation prohibit them from getting into carriage disputes with Comcast. WWLP-TV is currently fighting with Charter.

Or maybe Comcast never gets into carriage disputes, gives into the TV station/programming provider demands, and just turns around and raises rates on it's ratepayers.

I have my DVRs set to record the 22 News at Noon, 5 and 6 pm newscasts.

I like the old logo better. Everybody seems to be changing their logos and packaging lately. Wendy's, Sears, TD Banknorth, and a few others have changed their logos. Gap had to go back to their old logo after customer backlash. Even sodas have changed their packaging with Mountain Dew being changed to Mtn. Dew. My favorite is Diet Mountain Dew which is packaged as Diet Mtn. Dew.

I wish they would bring back the old Pepsi logos of the early '90s. And I remember the days when a can of soda out of the machine was 55 cents. Now they sell it by the bottle at $1.50 per container and they have even put debit card readers on the soda/candy machines.

MalibuMaxx
Premium
Chesterton, IN
reply to Thane_Bitter

Re: Kreative

So long as it's 105 meg...

Morac
Cat god

join:2001-08-30
Riverside, NJ
reply to Cheese

Re: Pure....

It's "the future of awesome".

newview
Ex .. Ex .. Exactly
Premium
join:2001-10-01
Parsonsburg, MD

Pretty Dumb

#nbcfail
#comcastfail
#nbccomcastfail

Morac
Cat god

join:2001-08-30
Riverside, NJ
Reviews:
·Comcast

1 edit

2 recommendations

reply to Thane_Bitter

I still wish Comcast had succeeded in buying Disney way back when. Then we'd have this:

»/r0/down···atar.bmp

--
The Comcast Disney Avatar has been retired.

lol ewww

@vpnreactor.com

how much

how much did they pay the person to make the logo i bet a few mill

cast sucks

@dsl.net

and now all the contract installers will have to pay $25 a s

and now all the contract installers will have to pay $25 a shit for ones with the new logo.

n2jtx

join:2001-01-13
Glen Head, NY
reply to IowaCowboy

Re: I wonder if they'll buy out the local TV stations

said by IowaCowboy:

My favorite TV station for local newscasts is 22 News WWLP-TV, which is the local NBC affiliate. It is currently owned by LIN corp.

I remember back when I was a student at WNEC (WNEU now) in the 80's and that station was still under the control of William L. Putnam. He used to have interesting editorials. A college friend lived near their tower and used to joke he could hit 22 with a .22.
--
I support the right to keep and arm bears.

DaveDude
No Fear

join:1999-09-01
New Jersey

Award for most un-original

NBC has the worst logo already, they needed something totally new.

Petermjjh

join:2005-04-03
Bloomfield Hills, MI

Wait... Is this a joke?

Wow that is a terrible logo. I am in disbelief that they would do something so hideous.

I guess this means that they truly want to be the same brand.

n2jtx

join:2001-01-13
Glen Head, NY
reply to Twaddle

said by Twaddle :

Comcast spends 13.8 Billion and pays 800K "fine" for flat out lying to the Feds, no one gets punished and everyone makes money right? If it were Joe Blow, lying to the Feds gets jail time AND a fine.
Just more proof that only in Amerika can you buy innocence and justice, Amerika where the Government is for sale to the highest bidder. The stench from Washington DC sickens the common man

Leona Helmsley was right but she didn't broaden her scope. Yes, only the little people pay taxes but the little people also go to jail and get the bulk of government punishment. Had she kept her mouth quiet, they would not have singled her out to make an example off. Other than her, and Martha Stewart, there aren't too many big wigs that get carted off to jail.
--
I support the right to keep and arm bears.

TBBroadband

join:2012-10-26
Fremont, OH
reply to Os

Re: Xfinity

it's just a brand name like Optimum from CableVision. Still is CV.

TBBroadband

Fremont, OH
reply to Twaddle

And why should they? They allow RayCom to do it as well and never fined them.

TBBroadband

Fremont, OH
reply to cast sucks

Re: and now all the contract installers will have to pay $25 a s

did you miss the part this is only for NBC?

cableties
Premium
join:2005-01-27

This on was already taken...

desarollo

join:2011-10-01
Monroe, MI
reply to IowaCowboy

Re: I wonder if they'll buy out the local TV stations

said by IowaCowboy:

I wonder if the terms of their NBC affiliation prohibit them from getting into carriage disputes with Comcast. WWLP-TV is currently fighting with Charter.

Highly doubtful as affiliate agreements are usually for 10 years, and this one in all probability predates the Comcast take-over.

said by IowaCowboy:

Or maybe Comcast never gets into carriage disputes, gives into the TV station/programming provider demands, and just turns around and raises rates on it's ratepayers.

Possibly. If Comcast owned the local affiliate, they'd get paid on retransmission rights and paid as a cable service provider. The reality is however, that free over the air TV is NOT in Comcast's best interest. Comcast would much rather have you paying an exorbitant amount of money per month for the most cheaply produced programming targeted at the lowest common denominator.

mlcarson

join:2001-09-20
Los Alamos, NM

1 recommendation

NBC = Government propaganda

They should have just put a picture of Obama or used the Democrat party logo instead of the peacock.

MalibuMaxx
Premium
Chesterton, IN
reply to Morac

said by Morac:

I still wish Comcast hand succeeded in buying Disney way back when. Then we'd have this:

»/r0/down···atar.bmp

NBC owns Disney so we'll get that log in a week tops...