dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
view:
topics flat nest 
Comments on news posted 2012-12-13 09:46:26: "White space" broadband, a technology that rides on the unlicensed spectrum freed by the migration to digital television, only recently got off the ground and has significant potential promise as a new, inexpensive, long range niche wireless alternat.. ..

page: 1 · 2 · 3 · next

DataRiker
Premium Member
join:2002-05-19

4 edits

1 recommendation

DataRiker

Premium Member

The Toilet Refuses to Flush

This toilet takes government bribery and employee/customer treatment to new depths.

Att has more internal departments and convoluted systems than ANY government agency I've ever dealt with. No department has the ability to fix ANY problem ( EVEN IF YOU WORK FOR THEM!)

Ever seen a company not able to sell its own product to a customer after they erroneously disconnected their working service, with no explanation as to why? Just another caught in ATT's labyrinth black hole computer service system which has more departments and disorganization than any government system I've ever seen.

Which is why I am puzzled at the usual suspects comments that GOOGLE does not have customer service. There is no way they can do worse than ATT.

I have ATT war stories that will make your fucking ears bleed.

Duramax08
To The Moon
Premium Member
join:2008-08-03
San Antonio, TX

Duramax08

Premium Member

The GRAND old party

they sure are grand, aren't they?
Terabit
join:2008-12-19

1 edit

Terabit to DataRiker

to DataRiker

Re: The Toilet Refuses to Flush

But but they're private and they do everything better. On a side note, anyone ever wondered why AT&T has never tried to compete internationally? Because they would be slaughtered abroad.

Over here, they can sit back and exploit their monopoly in wired and the oligopoly in wireless to shore up their profits. Overseas, the governments Repub loathe would have smacked them into place quick-smart; hence their loathing of Government and competition.
clone (banned)
join:2000-12-11
Portage, IN

clone (banned)

Leave the Broadcast Bands alone...

While I hate AT&T as much as the next person, I really DO wish they would leave the TV bands alone. They're licensed for TV, leave them for TV. No auctioning more off to the greedy, fat incumbents, no white space broadband that breaks my wireless mics (that are hard enough to get working now that all TV is squeezed into less space) and would probably overload half of the cheap Chinese TV receivers anyway.

I'd really like to see some space reserved for digital audio broadcasting (not the current IBOC disaster), more unlicensed bands for amateurs and home devices, something that might actually benefit the public before we start allowing more broadband that will just eventually be assimilated by VZWT&T or their ilk anyway.

At this point, I don't think it's even a problem of them not wanting new competition, they don't even want to have to be bothered to find a way to screw their new competition out of business, which is what they would do if this was ever approved.

DataRiker
Premium Member
join:2002-05-19

DataRiker to Terabit

Premium Member

to Terabit

Yes the usual suspect harp on how private business does everything better.

Only problem is, we don't have any large businesses that are "private" in the capitalist sense.

It a corporatist version of private, which allows these inefficient organizations to exist, without the benefit of any useful regulation.

Literally the worst of both worlds.
Terabit
join:2008-12-19

1 edit

Terabit

Not to mention, this notion that private does EVERYTHING better is a farce.

For example, the airlines ranked the highest and are globally renowned, ironically are the most profitable, and have the newest cutting-edge fleet are Government owned. Whereas, our private airlines are bankrupt, ranked last for service, and have the oldest fleet.

There are lots of examples like these. In addition, look at all of the Chinese corporations that now make up the top 200 organizations globally - all gov owned. Strict adherence to ideology and a specific dogma, while ignoring data and reality is the death of any nation.
Expand your moderator at work
old_wiz_60
join:2005-06-03
Bedford, MA

old_wiz_60

Why not..

simply be honest and say AT&T is bribing the GOP. I never cease to be amazed at how casual Congress is when it comes to accepting bribes. "Congressional ethics" is about the same as the ethics of used car salespeople. Why can't they simply call a bribe a bribe?

Anonymous88
Premium Member
join:2004-06-01
IA

Anonymous88

Premium Member

WTF GOP?

Why is it that every fucking time a hear about some pro-corporate bullshit GOP is behind it?

amarryat
Verizon FiOS
join:2005-05-02
Marshfield, MA

amarryat to Terabit

to Terabit

said by Terabit:

For example, the airlines ranked the highest and are globally renowned, ironically are the most profitable, and have the newest cutting-edge fleet are Government owned. Whereas, our private airlines are bankrupt, ranked last for service, and have the oldest fleet.

Could you be specific about these govt. airlines?

I think JetBlue is great.

FFH5
Premium Member
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ

FFH5 to old_wiz_60

Premium Member

to old_wiz_60

Re: Why not..

said by old_wiz_60:

simply be honest and say AT&T is bribing the GOP. I never cease to be amazed at how casual Congress is when it comes to accepting bribes. "Congressional ethics" is about the same as the ethics of used car salespeople. Why can't they simply call a bribe a bribe?

All companies lobby BOTH SIDES, not just the Republicans. Welcome to the grownup world of politics.
page: 1 · 2 · 3 · next