dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
view:
topics flat nest 
Comments on news posted 2012-12-16 11:09:23: Our thoughts are with everyone impacted by the horrible tragedy in Newtown, Connecticut. . ..

page: 1 · 2 · next

Toguro
join:2003-10-23
Rockford, IL

1 recommendation

Toguro

Have a nice weekend

Kommie2 (banned)
join:2003-05-13
united state

Kommie2 (banned)

Time for the "Arms" Delers to be put in Jail too

I think its time for the dealers of these weapons to be charged too. The people who provide the weapons for massacres to mentally unstable people are just as guilty.

KrK
Heavy Artillery For The Little Guy
Premium Member
join:2000-01-17
Tulsa, OK

1 recommendation

KrK

Premium Member

Re: Time for the "Arms" Delers to be put in Jail too

Yes, because clearly the goal is to provide weapons for massacres.... so anyone who manufacturers or sells guns is a "massacre-enabler", right?

diablo18926
R.I.P. Donald Lee Wise
join:2011-04-21
Friendly, WV

diablo18926

28 Killed in Connecticut School Shooting.

This is awful, how many more school shootings are they gonna do? When I was in school (that was couple years ago) there was all kind of them, tragic.
I still remember the very day I was in the 6th grade, it was a good day and i was in life connections class and all the sudden on the the principle's of both high and middle school decided to take everyone outside safe and sound but first bring the students to the front of the school to where they were held up till the cops arrived. What it was, was some students planned to do a huge bust, some student on the bus overheard from there little plan and got to see a little "sneak peak" of what they had, they had baseball bats, some dangerous weapons, some type of grenades and much more, they carried it all straight to there locker, with the girl that overheard the plan, later that day, well they found all the weapons and they got arrested.

Its a huge surprise, usually this type of school never gets this type of thing. its more of a fake bomb threat, witch it was but it turned out being way more of a almost shoot-out. (of course if that girl had'nt overheard the conversation and then tale-taled)
Kommie2 (banned)
join:2003-05-13
united state

Kommie2 (banned) to KrK

to KrK

said by KrK:

Yes, because clearly the goal is to provide weapons for massacres.... so anyone who manufacturers or sells guns is a "massacre-enabler", right?

I am sure a Military Grade Weapon(NATO 5MM) Rifle is used for hunting right ?
Kommie2

Kommie2 (banned) to diablo18926

to diablo18926

Re: 28 Killed in Connecticut School Shooting.

It started with Charles Whitman in 1966

KrK
Heavy Artillery For The Little Guy
Premium Member
join:2000-01-17
Tulsa, OK

KrK to Kommie2

Premium Member

to Kommie2

For most everyone, Probably not.

Any gun could potentially be used for a massacre... but then again so can hundreds of other things. You can't just ban them all and imprison anyone who sells such items.

IowaCowboy
Lost in the Supermarket
Premium Member
join:2010-10-16
Springfield, MA

1 recommendation

IowaCowboy

Premium Member

Lets be considerate in discussion on recent events

Lets be respectful on our discussion on the recent tragidy in Newtown, CT. My thoughts and prayers are with the victims and their families.

The news of the incident hit me personally brought back painful memories of what happened to me during my middle school years (which I am not going to get into too much detail of as it is a private matter for me) but the incidents today caused me to have a painful flashback.

I am very upset about what happened today not only for the victims and their families but it painfully reminds me of the hostile school environment that I was in back in middle school and the fallout (that I prefer to keep the details private).

I had to turn the news off and watch the previously recorded stuff on my DVR.

diablo18926
R.I.P. Donald Lee Wise
Friendly, WV

diablo18926 to KrK

to KrK

said by KrK:

Are you serious? There's bunches of company's that make old and fashioned war weaponry.. Some even rebuild them or you can find some in places where there for just display (still shootable however) plus you can also build your own weaponry, buy some circular saws or saw saws, some 20 pound hammer sledges, steel bars.. heck you can even make your very own explosives with compacted gun powered into a tight sealed container or use some bleach, set it up to where it acts as if its tear gas, etc.

There's all kinds of recipe's for explosives, the list goes on and on, so does making your own weapons.
me1212
join:2008-11-20
Lees Summit, MO
·Google Fiber

me1212 to Kommie2

to Kommie2
said by Kommie2:

I think its time for the dealers of these weapons to be charged too. The people who provide the weapons for massacres to mentally unstable people are just as guilty.

This is as retarded as saying dealers of food made you fat.

diablo18926
R.I.P. Donald Lee Wise
Friendly, WV

diablo18926

said by me1212:

said by Kommie2:

This is as retarded as saying dealers of food made you fat.

Its not retarded, it was his way of thinking... maybe your the one retarded(:
simon726
join:2006-12-21
Ajax, ON

simon726

this shooting reminds me of the other shootings...

The shooting in Connecticut reminds me about the shootings in Canada. If I recall, there have been at least two shootings in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.

There was a shooting down at a busy food court at the Toronto Eaton Centre (one of the city's tourist attractions) in Toronto, Ontario, Canada back in June 2012 in which one person died along with four others injured.

A month later (but still in Toronto), there was another shooting in a neighborhood in Scarborough (a place within the City of Toronto boundaries), in which 2 people were killed.

It also brought me memories about the Dawson College shooting in Montreal, Quebec, Canada in 2006 and the shooting down at the University of Montreal in 1989.

N3OGH
Yo Soy Col. "Bat" Guano
Premium Member
join:2003-11-11
Philly burbs

N3OGH to IowaCowboy

Premium Member

to IowaCowboy

Re: Lets be considerate in discussion on recent events

Hope you are doing well, current events can often bring past experiences to the forefront.

I agree with the sentiment of your post. I hope the discussion here can focus on the victims & their families and leave out the political sniping & cheap shots.

Their will be plenty of time for that down the road. Let's show the victims & families the proper respect, allow them to grieve in peace & not be resigned to being pawns in our broken political system.
N3OGH

N3OGH to simon726

Premium Member

to simon726

Re: this shooting reminds me of the other shootings...

If I remember, one of the young ladies who survived the Montreal shooting lost her life in the Aurora shooting....

GadgetsRme
RIP lilhurricane and CJ
Premium Member
join:2002-01-30
Canon City, CO

1 edit

GadgetsRme to N3OGH

Premium Member

to N3OGH

Our country is not the only one to remember families and children in today. China also suffered a school violence incident today
»www.cbsnews.com/8301-202 ··· injured/

ITALIAN926
join:2003-08-16

ITALIAN926 to Toguro

to Toguro

Re: Have a nice weekend

The pro-gun people claim that you can prevent these types of things from happening if you just arm EVERYONE. So, lets use the same analogy to nuclear weapons. Should we just let everyone have them? Its this same issue on a much larger scale. Lets give one out to each country, lets see what happens.

stevennb
Ok, But, Thats The Last Straw.
Premium Member
join:2001-05-08
Wayne, NJ

stevennb to Kommie2

Premium Member

to Kommie2

Really? Look up... Howard Unreh.

FFH5
Premium Member
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ

FFH5

Premium Member

US Banks come under cyberattack again

»www.csmonitor.com/USA/20 ··· websites

The latest cyberattack mirrors one in early fall that targeted websites of major US banks.

In the crosshairs are U.S. Bancorp, JPMorgan Chase, Bank of America, PNC Financial Services Group, and SunTrust Banks, according to a message posted Monday on pastebin.com

attacks as coming primarily from three botnets – a network of coopted machines that have become zombie slaves to an outside operator. One botnet in particular, called Brobot or "itsoknoproblembro," is being used in the bank attacks. Two other botnets, KamiKaze and AMOS, also are being used

The size of the attack is enormous but not unprecedented – in the range of 60 gigabytes per second.

Some banks were reporting their websites still operating, although more slowly than usual. Customers reported access problems. One targeted bank, PNC, acknowledged the attack in a note to customers on its website.

Is your access to any of the above banks slowed??

N3OGH
Yo Soy Col. "Bat" Guano
Premium Member
join:2003-11-11
Philly burbs

N3OGH to GadgetsRme

Premium Member

to GadgetsRme

Point well taken. Human suffering knows no nation, no race, no culture.

Just sadness...

no__1__here
Premium Member
join:2003-10-13
Tomball, TX

2 edits

no__1__here to ITALIAN926

Premium Member

to ITALIAN926

Re: Have a nice weekend

Right, because you can legislate this problem away just like drugs, and DWI, and even something mundane like speeding. Oh wait...

Laws only apply to the law-abiding. Preventing me, as a law abiding citizen, from the right to bear arms does absolutely nothing to prevent things like this tragedy.

That said, had one or more of the staff been armed it might not have been quite so bad (or maybe worse, who am I to say?). Where I'm from you at least have to consider that the person you are attacking might be legally armed.
simon726
join:2006-12-21
Ajax, ON

simon726 to N3OGH

to N3OGH

I think it's the Toronto shooting back in June 2012, no?

Jeff
Connoisseur of leisurely things
Premium Member
join:2002-12-24
GMT -5

3 recommendations

Jeff

Premium Member

Children

Twenty young children were executed today, and 20 families will be changed for ever. I am having trouble accepting this news - I grieve for the families tonight, as I can't imagine life without my own young son.

I'd like to see us all drop the politics and the gun stuff for a while if we could. The deceased are of age that need help getting dressed in the morning, and I think it would do us all a bit of good to sit back, think about that, and save the NRA/anti-NRA arguments for another time.

These children were all innocent, and lives have been ruined forever. The human being, and I use that in the loosest possible term, that did this is hopefully rotting someplace. But I don't really believe in God, or Heaven or Hell. Hell has been created though, right here on Earth, for the families of the deceased.

I'm not a pray-er, but they're all in my my thoughts and I have cried most of the night.

We need to do better as a society, as a species, as an organism renting this planet, in order to survive. If we're going to continue this sort of bullshit, then an Apocalypse where we're all gone can't come soon enough. Human Experiment Completed.

newview
Ex .. Ex .. Exactly
Premium Member
join:2001-10-01
Parsonsburg, MD

newview

Premium Member

It's time ...

How many 5 year-olds will have to die before we enact some meaningful gun control laws in this country?

The right of a child not to be shot in their own school trumps your right to bear arms. It's as simple as that.
John Patrick
join:2001-06-07
Sioux City, IA
·Sparklight

1 recommendation

John Patrick

Sad news and my thoughts and prayers go out to all hurt and forever changed by this tragedy but can making laws to stop or limit guns really change any thing?

Think about this for a moment people if we got rid of all the guns in this world, people would find other ways like bows, sling shots, knives, or even just blunt objects. Laws to limit or ban any item just will have the human element move to a new item to cause harm or kill. So unless we all just change the human element nothing will change with any law to try and curb this violence.

Metatron2008
You're it
Premium Member
join:2008-09-02
united state

1 edit

1 recommendation

Metatron2008 to newview

Premium Member

to newview
I'm sure your laws will certainly stop criminals from doing criminal things...

Like walking into an area where guns are illegal (Such as any government building) and shooting at children at a school. Oh wait..

Isn't also killing people, and assault with a deadly weapon, a crime as well?

So this guy goes in, breaks half a million laws in the process, and you think adding gun control will make people like this break less laws?

Common sense is always lost on gun control nuts. It's funny too, considering that the types are also the types who want to legalize weed, because prohibition and the war on drugs didn't work, yet they think gun control will.

linicx
Caveat Emptor
Premium Member
join:2002-12-03
United State

1 recommendation

linicx

Premium Member

The real issue is. . .

The guns Glock & Sig used were owned and registered to the mother and readily available. The kid killed his mother and sated his rage on the children who got more of her attention than he did.

This did not happen at high school, college, or to adults at a theater. It was not an accident. The shooter died a craven coward who massacred young defenseless children.

The blood and guts are gone. The real victims went to school as small children and came home as little adults who witnessed more in five minutes than most of us will ever see in a lifetime.

The smartest thing the mothers can do is turn on Mickey mouse and let it run for 24/7. Give him a blanket and pillow and let him sleep where he can. It might be a closet or a corner behind a chair. Let the kid work it out as best he can for a few days. He may not eat or sleep for 2-3 days. Finger foods are good... dry cereal, peanut butter, soup. He will come back to earth in good time. Then the parents can worry about PTSD. They will know more by then.

Close the school 'til January. Let the kid grieve. It is a long process; do not force him back to school. Home school if he is not ready. Little kids are more resilient than big kids. Even so, time takes time to pass. It's what they need now.

Some parents will be really lucky because their kid really doesn't understand. He is unaffected now, but maybe not a month from now. Or a year.

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA
TP-Link TD-8616
Asus RT-AC66U B1
Netgear FR114P

NormanS to diablo18926

MVM

to diablo18926

said by diablo18926:

This is awful, how many more school shootings are they gonna do? When I was in school (that was couple years ago) there was all kind of them, tragic.

How many is, "all kinds"? I found a list of school shootings in the U.S.; are there others?
»www.sfgate.com/crime/art ··· 4376.php
NormanS

NormanS to newview

MVM

to newview

Re: It's time ...

said by newview:

How many 5 year-olds will have to die before we enact some meaningful gun control laws in this country?

From 1934 to the present numerous gun control laws have been passed in the U.S.; both at the Federal, and state level. Were none of them "meaningful"? What would you consider, "meaningful"?
CXM_Splicer
Looking at the bigger picture
Premium Member
join:2011-08-11
NYC

CXM_Splicer to linicx

Premium Member

to linicx

Re: The real issue is. . .

Somehow I feel Mickey Mouse 24/7 is not the answer. Distracting kids from the situation now will only make dealing with it later that much worse.

How is childhood trauma dealt with elsewhere? How is it dealt with in Iraq or Afghanistan or Syria? (Do we really even care?) How was it dealt with in Vietnam? or Europe during WW2?

I see PTSD as the brain trying to adjust too quickly to the destruction of a fantasy world. That fantasy is the one where people feel everything is fine... they are secure and nothing will ever hurt them as long as they are good people. People want to feel this way... like someone else is protecting them and they don't have to worry about anything. It is people not wanting to grow up... the psychological foundation to Government, Religion, Authority, so much of our lives.

Mickey is the problem, not the solution.

HotRodFoto
Premium Member
join:2003-04-19
Denver, CO

HotRodFoto to N3OGH

Premium Member

to N3OGH

said by N3OGH:

If I remember, one of the young ladies who survived the Montreal shooting lost her life in the Aurora shooting....

That would be correct.
page: 1 · 2 · next