spacer

spacer

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc

spacer

how-to block ads

view:
topics flat nest 
Comments on news posted 2013-01-03 07:58:20: • UK regulator Ofcom to let mobile users bail on contracts following price hikes [techworld.com] • Sprint Will Begin Pay As You Go Service On January 25th, But Standard Sprint Phones Aren't Invited To The Party [androidpolice. ..

dib22

join:2002-01-27
Kansas City, MO

Sprint Will Begin Pay As You Go Service On January 25th, But

because you can never have too many in house pre-paid brands...

n2jtx

join:2001-01-13
Glen Head, NY

Do Not Disturb

I was wondering why my iPhone and those of several friends were all stuck in DND. Makes me wonder what the heck is going on at Apple these days. A lot of very weird bugs popping up that one would have thought would have been caught in testing. Not like obscure kernel problems or the like.
--
I support the right to keep and arm bears.

fuziwuzi
Not born yesterday
Premium
join:2005-07-01
Atlanta, GA
said by n2jtx:

I was wondering why my iPhone and those of several friends were all stuck in DND. Makes me wonder what the heck is going on at Apple these days. A lot of very weird bugs popping up that one would have thought would have been caught in testing. Not like obscure kernel problems or the like.

You're holding it wrong. HAHAHAHA (never gets old, thanks to Apple)
--
Teabaggers: Destroying America is Priority #1

fuziwuzi
Not born yesterday
Premium
join:2005-07-01
Atlanta, GA

Report links...

A more accurate title to that article would be, "RIAA shill spends millions to issue report based on preconceived outcome." Such blatant misrepresentation by Taplin should be called out.
--
Teabaggers: Destroying America is Priority #1

CXM_Splicer
Looking at the bigger picture
Premium
join:2011-08-11
NYC
kudos:2
Taplin is a Hollywood insider that failed at an attempt to launch an online video streaming company... he obviously blames piracy for his failure to become rich. The Annenberg Research Institute (who published the report) is funded by Warner Bros., Sony, and a myriad of other companies, I would hardly consider it unbiased.

As far as the content of the report, I don't doubt that many companies ARE making money off of piracy but their belief that it makes any difference shows that they are out of touch with reality. They see piracy akin to terrorism; cut off the funding and it will disappear. The thing they don't understand is that it has nothing to do with the money, they are only piggybacking on the pirates (you will find capitalists everywhere!!. Who advertised on Napster when it started? Who funds Usenet where you can find pretty much anything? Even if you were able to take every single cent away from piracy, it would continue.