spacer

spacer

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc

spacer

how-to block ads

view:
topics flat nest 
Comments on news posted 2013-01-10 08:46:17: FreedomPop's plan to offer consumers a $99 Sleeve that provides the iPhone with WiMax phone and data capabilities is facing delays. ..

Metatron2008
Premium
join:2008-09-02
united state

Oh no!

You must wait a little longer to have poor service with slower speeds then lte AND can only use it for a year!

IowaCowboy
Iowa native
Premium
join:2010-10-16
Springfield, MA
Reviews:
·Verizon Broadban..
·Comcast

Re: Oh no!

I agree, even though I've never used Wi-max, I am impressed by the LTE on my iPhone 5. I don't even notice a difference when I have it latched on to my home Wi-Fi (powered by Comcast) or using Verizon LTE on the go. I don't use public hotspots because of security vulnerabilities.

Wi-max (based on what I've read on DSLR) is a downgrade from LTE.
iansltx

join:2007-02-19
Austin, TX
kudos:2

It is. However, you don't have to pay $80 per month for a WiMAX data account.

Metatron2008
Premium
join:2008-09-02
united state

Of course not. I remember when clear wire first came out I bought an ispot. $25 a month for unlimited internet... and our house is less then a mile away from a clear tower. What more could you ask for?

.... only our house has trees everywhere from the tower and gets no signal AT ALL from the clear wire tower, I had to drive around just to find a signal that was around 2.5/0.5.

Verizon lte gets 30/12 in really populated areas. I pay for limited internet, but fast internet that you don't need to drive around for.
ArizonaSteve

join:2004-01-31
Apache Junction, AZ

Doh!

Since it works as a wi-fi hotspot they should have just had it tested by itself. If they were smart enough to come up with a device like this you'd think they could have figured out how to have it tested!

FFH
Premium
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ
kudos:5

Re: Doh!

said by ArizonaSteve:

Since it works as a wi-fi hotspot they should have just had it tested by itself. If they were smart enough to come up with a device like this you'd think they could have figured out how to have it tested!

The FCC is the problem. They see something new and don't know how to test it? Hire better engineers.
--
A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves money from the public treasury.
markbot

join:2012-11-21
New York, NY

freedompop doesn't tell customers about the delay

freedompop didn't tell me about the delay so they kept saying the sleeve would be available in another 3 to 4 weeks. then in 3 to 4 weeks, they would say it would be avail in 3 to 4 weeks. i got fed up and canceled my order, which i placed in may of 2012. this was very irritating. i ended up getting the hotspot which works well except for the terrible battery life.