spacer

spacer

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc

spacer

how-to block ads

view:
topics flat nest 
Comments on news posted 2013-01-11 10:54:00: Earlier this week we noted how Dish's new Hopper DVR, which has angered broadcasters because it automatically skips ads, has now integrated Slingbox functionality. ..

prev page · 1 · 2

PapaMidnight

join:2009-01-13
Baltimore, MD
reply to Hall

Re: Tuners

said by Hall:

Technically, I believe one Hopper can support four Joeys. If Dish automatically gives people two of each, they're admitting a design shortcoming.

It can, but, as we know, there will be problems

PapaMidnight

Baltimore, MD
reply to Hall

said by Hall:

Technically, I believe one Hopper can support four Joeys. If Dish automatically gives people two of each, they're admitting a design shortcoming.

It can, but, as we know, there will be problems.

PapaMidnight

Baltimore, MD
reply to Hall

said by Hall:

It can, but, as we know, there will be usability problems.

djcrazy
Premium
join:2009-08-05
Minneapolis, MN
Reviews:
·Comcast
·T-Mobile US

Wow.

You mean to tell me there are actually people who watch CBS outside of maybe the NFL games? As for CNET, it was obvious years ago they are biased and favor their advertisers. That would be similar to a situation where this site would be bought up and run by Comcast LOL.

Cheese
Premium
join:2003-10-26
Naples, FL
kudos:1
reply to 88615298

Re: CNET and lost respect

There a a few sites like that

Steve Mehs
Gun Control Is Using A Steady Hand
Premium
join:2005-07-16
kudos:1
reply to djcrazy

Re: Wow.

Yes, in fact millions and millions do. Like they advertise, CBS is America’s Most Watched Network. Posting links showing the dominance of CBS over the other networks in terms of viewership wouldn’t give a fair perspective because you have to factor in that just about all of the primetime shows got back from Christmas break, and you have some NCAA Bowl games in the mix. But when the Neilson numbers are in from normal weeks, you can see how CBS destroys the other network. Big Bang Theory is the hottest show on TV right now
--
iPhone: 4” 1136 X 640 Display, 1.30 GHz Dual Core Processor, 1 GB RAM
MyPhone: 5” 1920 X 1080 Display, 1.50 GHz Quad Core Processor, 2 GB RAM
So tell me, why is exactly is the iPhone so great?
Droid Does What Jobs Won’t Let You Do.

mgamer20o0

join:2003-12-01
Norwalk, CA

1 recommendation

screw you!!!

i am taking my ball and going home...........

seems like some never grow up....

jduffy
Premium
join:2006-08-20
Cincinnati, OH
reply to TwiztedZero

Re: CBS owns CNET?

Greed is good. It drives innovation.

Expand your moderator at work

tc1uscg

join:2005-03-09
Saint Clair Shores, MI
reply to digiblur

Re: Tuners

said by digiblur:

It should be banned for still having 3 tuners. It should have never came with only 3 in the first place. 3 tuners to record and share with all the rooms in your house. Ha!

They sound like Apple now. Slap a few pieces of old tech in it (Sling, Nomad, and Wifi), slap a new marketing blitz on it and call it revolutionary and a first!

Why not. Apple does it and suckers buy into it.

tc1uscg

Saint Clair Shores, MI
reply to digiblur

I have 2 dual tuner DVR's. I find it fits our needs just fine. When we want to watch something and both tuners are busy, we have to watch whats already recorded or the roku. It's not a tuff choice.

tc1uscg

Saint Clair Shores, MI
reply to FarmerBob

Re: CBS owns CNET?

said by FarmerBob:

said by cableties:

Well, CNET just lost credibility with me. . . .

CNET lost its credibility a long time ago. When reviews, subject matter and product articles started to become clearly "selective and biased". And reader comments started to point this out en masse. So when Clayton said that he looked forward to CNET's "Unbiased" review, I just had to laugh at either his complete ignorance/naivete or his blatant schmoozing. All he was looking for was best of show in a forum that has enough sheeple to add to his bottom line.

Agreed. They are the online form of consumer reports. They use to be the goto people for tech reviews but now, I get better intel from Amazon or ebay.

FarmerBob

join:2000-12-21
Littleton, CO
Reviews:
·CenturyLink
·EarthLink
·ViaTalk
·Comcast

said by tc1uscg:

Agreed. They are the online form of consumer reports. They use to be the goto people for tech reviews but now, I get better intel from Amazon or ebay.

CNET was my go to place for info. Then especially when the new site hit, it was very apparent that there was something strange going on at the CircleK. I too find that I get more usable information from Amazon and eBay customer reviews. Looks like a good portion of these forums are becoming very skewed. Too bad.

Ellidor

@comcast.net
reply to mgamer20o0

CBS lost me as a customer

I am writing this because I am extremely dissatisfied with CBS decision to silence CNET on the review and best in class decision for the Dish Network Hopper. I am not a Dish Network user nor do I own a Hopper. We live in America the land of the free. This means that we have freedom on press, and freedom of speech. The CNET staff had reviewed and determined that the hopper was the Best in Class product and earned the editor’s Choice Award. CNS made a blanket statement that there is an ongoing litigation and that this is illegal and this is why it was removed. In America is it not innocent until proven guilty by the court of law. CNET I went to for unbiased profession reviews. I expected that they would deliver accurate and honest information. Learning that CNET my favorite review site is not censoring their own reviewers is complete nonsense. I live in America not China, business or not it is incorrect to silence an unbiased reviewing website. I don't care if CBD or if the president himself were to own the CNET review site. This site is built on unbiased professional reviews. I believe that until the United States Court states that the Hopper is Illegal CBS has absolutely NO BUSINESS at all silencing unbiased reviews on products be is the Hopper or any other product which might have ongoing litigations.

I noticed that the Samsung Galaxy still is reviews on CNET and according to Apple they are illegal. I notice that Apple is still being reviewed on your site with their IPHONE even though Motorola has an ongoing lawsuit with Apple over some stolen technology. If CBS is going to promote censorship then they need to sensor every product not just those that conflict with their own agenda. Please remember this is America; which stands for Freedom of Speech, News, and Press. This doesn't mean that you can go silence your own editors just because you feel that it’s against your own financial gain.

wizbang_fl

join:2013-03-30
Fort Lauderdale, FL

Alas, CNET has lost it's edge in the past 2 years.

Although CNET has been well known for it's programming, I must confess I am now VERY skeptical about any of their reviews or website. They routinely do not update information or archive reviews that are over 4 years out of date. When an OS is updated it to is many times overlooked.

From my point of view they are too busy trying to generate ad-sense revenue to give a proper review of products. A recent review of the program "little snitch" is a perfect example. They just don't seem to have it together and appear satisfied with that.