spacer

spacer

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc

spacer

how-to block ads

view:
topics flat nest 
Comments on news posted 2013-01-17 18:10:13: Dish has asked the FCC to pause their review of Softbank's planned acquisition of Sprint. Dish recently proposed a counter offer to acquire Clearwire at $3.30 a share, which topped Sprint's offer of $2.90 a share. ..

skeechan
Ai Otsukaholic
Premium
join:2012-01-26
AA169|170
kudos:2

I want Dish to go crap in their hat...

...but we don't all get what we want.

BiggA

join:2005-11-23
EARTH

Dish seems awfully hostile

For a company that needs Sprint in order to roll a wireless service out.

TBBroadband

join:2012-10-26
Fremont, OH
And with Clear they could get twice as much easily and $$$ from Sprint since Sprint customers still USE the WiMax network on the prepaid side.

kem09030

join:2004-11-29
Rushville, IL
said by TBBroadband:

And with Clear they could get twice as much easily and $$$ from Sprint since Sprint customers still USE the WiMax network on the prepaid side.

Sprint could block access to the WiMax network easily with a PRL update. All of those WiMax phones would then be stuck on 3G. At least with NV the 3G is much better in some areas now.

swintec
Premium,VIP
join:2003-12-19
Alfred, ME
kudos:5
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
·VoicePulse
·Sprint Mobile Br..
·RapidVPS
said by kem09030:

Sprint could block access to the WiMax network easily with a PRL update. All of those WiMax phones would then be stuck on 3G. At least with NV the 3G is much better in some areas now.

I do not believe Wimax operates utilizing a PRL. I know Sprints LTE does not either.
--
Usenet Block Accounts | Unlimited Accounts

BiggA

join:2005-11-23
EARTH
reply to TBBroadband
The CLEAR network is too small, and not set up for sharing infrastructure the way NV is.