spacer

spacer

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc

spacer

how-to block ads

view:
topics flat nest 
Comments on news posted 2013-01-24 09:31:43: "U-verse service has been restored for the vast majority of our customers affected by the outage," AT&T tells Broadband Reports. ..

Premium
join:2012-06-11
reply to Metatron2008

Re: At&t.

said by Metatron2008:

Your world. Delivered. By Forrest Gump.

I didn't know that the role of "Forrest Gump" was actually played by Randall Stephenson...!!!!!

LOL

psx_defector

join:2001-06-09
Allen, TX
kudos:1
reply to David

Re: Just shows...

said by David:

said by ChampMom:

DSL and U-verse are NOT the same thing, not even close. So I can assure you that your "business-class DSL" clients were NOT effected by the U-verse outage

+1

I would like to know exactly how a PPPoE ADSL service on completely different equipment ( ATM based) how on earth a uverse Internet outage (IP based service) affected them.

AFAIK, the only way to have that happen would be to have AT&T move the three leftover DHCP customer's in old SWBell territory from the DHCP server on the concentrator to the generic one in the Lightspeed network. And, AFAIK, the PPPoE handoff from the concentrator is from the actual concentrator, no DHCP involved.
And, if I'm not mistaken, the IP ranges are very different, so you would know if you were on the Lightspeed network versus the ATM network.

But, as you stated, the DHCP server in Lightspeed uses certificate based DHCP, so even if one were to be PPPoE or DHCP in SWBell territory using ATM based DSL, you wouldn't have the certificate to receive the IP address because the equipment is set to passthrough to the user, not the device.

So, in other words, we got some grade A derp goin' on.

Camelot One
Premium,MVM
join:2001-11-21
Greenwood, IN
kudos:2
reply to ChampMom
said by ChampMom:

DSL and U-verse are NOT the same thing, not even close. So I can assure you that your "business-class DSL" clients were NOT effected by the U-verse outage

I really didn't mean to start a U-Verse vs DSL tech debate, so let me rephrase my comment:

At the exact same time as the U-verse outage, and for the exact same duration, 3 of my clients, all of whom have "business-class AT&T DSL" service at their offices, not U-Verse, experienced the same type of trouble that was being reported by U-Verse customers.

gmak

@swbell.net

www.uverseusers.com

It appears that AT&T has disabled the "uverseusers.com" site. I was reading all the glowing reviews, and it vaporized during my access.

I guess they just can't take all the comments.

David
I start new work on
Premium,VIP
join:2002-05-30
Granite City, IL
kudos:101
Reviews:
·DIRECTV
·AT&T Midwest
·magicjack.com
·Google Voice

Small MTU on Uverse? Do this first.

Got this from my source.

Hey - spread the word, if anyone on Uverse or IPDSLAM complains about a small ~500 MTU, have them reboot their RG/Modem. That should fix it. if it doesn't, caan you let me know?

of course get the BAN and the usual suspects like cpe type and such.

Thanks
-E

I told him I would spread the word and comply. If you happen to have this use subject of [SMALL MTU-REBOOTNOFIX] as the subject line in your direct post or email.

Will need the following

• BAN/Billing account number
• CPE type/Model
--
If you have a topic in the direct forum please reply to it or a post of mine, I get a notification when you do this.
Koetting Ford, Granite City, illinois... YOU'RE FIRED!!

esteeze

join:2013-01-22
Birmingham, AL
Reboot of gateway this evening reset MTU to 1500 for me.

esteeze

join:2013-01-22
Birmingham, AL

not fixed

More of same issues today. All services down. Rebooted gateway and services again available.

npln
Us Army

join:2000-07-17
Antioch, CA
reply to Tobester

Re: Just shows...

Actually you are somewhat right, ATT didn't rebrand the "old". What AT&T has done is installed New DSLAMS in the C.O. That are running on the UVerse network. Thus getting away with calling it UVerse, when in reality its nothing! I wouldn't even call it DSL 2.0. It still all copper from source to destination, distance issues do apply. Only thing it has done is to lighten the ATM network traffic. We call it "fake" UVerse, since true UVerse its supposed to be FTTN or FTTP. Both do exist in SF just very scarcely. Oh and FTTP will more than likely only been seen deploy in the south of Market area.

By the way last i checked ATT got the green light from SF city hall to install 700 VRADS, yup the frige is going up.