dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
view:
topics flat nest 
Comments on news posted 2013-01-24 17:56:53: Last month DirecTV became the first TV operator to start charging customers an extra fee for subscribing to more than one sports network. ..

prev · 1 · 2
34764170 (banned)
join:2007-09-06
Etobicoke, ON

34764170 (banned) to clone

to clone

Re: I enjoy sports...

said by clone:

If the providers get their way, we will get a-la-carte just like we've been asking for, and it will look like this:

If these companies do a-la-carte properly it wouldn't cost so much but they have no intention of actually doing things properly.

aaronwt
Premium Member
join:2004-11-07
Woodbridge, VA
Asus RT-AX89

4 edits

aaronwt

Premium Member

If this new tier just cut all the sprts channels...

and left all the channels the Ultimate HD tier has except the premium chnanels, i would jump on it. But I see there are several channels that are missing from this non sports tier that I watch.

It's like that with all their tiers. The only one that has the channels I want to watch is the Ultimate HD tier. All the lower tiers omit a channel here and a channel there that I would want to watch.

Although if they start charging me extra for regional sports channels on my Ultimate HD tier(which I don't watch), that will probably push me to jump to a lower tier even though it might be missing channels I want.

I'll will jump to a lower TV tier and to the lower 75/35 internet tier and Verizon will be getting at least $40 less per month from me.

TuxRaiderPen2
Make America Great Again
join:2009-09-19

TuxRaiderPen2 to clone

to clone

Re: I enjoy sports...

said by clone:
As do most "average joe" pay TV subscribers. The people who post on these forums that have no interest in sports are the minority, and that's why sports networks are always included in basic cable.
As average Jane/Joe... sports is NOT an interest.. matter of fact they could shut down and I wouldn't notice, except maybe that my programs start on time on SUN for a change...

ESPN is included because the corpartstapo of disney FORCE IT! You want any O&O ABC, or any of the other disney cruft, you take ESPN in your standard tier and fork over $5.00/month/sub for that in addition to the other channels fees.

Well you sports a holics can FOOT THE BILL FOR YOUR sports and their over inflated fees and salaries and drugs etc..

Its a good start let the sportsaholics pay for their sports....

celticpride
@verizon.net

celticpride to aaronwt

Anon

to aaronwt

Re: If this new tier just cut all the sprts channels...

I wonder how much the price will go up in so. cal. when the dodgers get the $8 billion dollar20 year contract/
BiggA
Premium Member
join:2005-11-23
Central CT

BiggA to Eddy120876

Premium Member

to Eddy120876

Re: Sports....

Exactly.

xNPC
As Usual, Have Nice Day
Premium Member
join:2000-11-08
Errington, BC

xNPC

Premium Member

breaking promises

thats what they do best. then they say no more broken promises yeah like ANYONE is gonna believe that
prev · 1 · 2