spacer

spacer

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc

spacer

how-to block ads

view:
topics flat nest 
Comments on news posted 2013-01-25 08:24:19: Belkin this week announced that the company will be buying Linksys from Cisco for an undisclosed price. ..

prev page · 1 · 2

fonzbear2000
Premium
join:2005-08-09
Saint Paul, MN
reply to shdesigns

Re: To those of you saying Belkin sucks.....

said by shdesigns:

said by fonzbear2000:

I used to have a D-link wireless G router and had to reset it at least 3 times a week because it would always lose connection. I upgraded to a Belkin N+ and have to reset it no more than once every 2 months.[clip] They sure don't suck for me! Why does everyone put them down like that?

Because you went from the worst brand (D-Stink) to the second worst.

I never need to reset my router (pfsense box). The XyXel that came with my DSL ran for 9 years and I never had to reset it.

You should never have to reset a decent router.

Belken makes labels. Most of their stuff is outsourced and they stick their label on it. Just hope it works as I hear their tech support almost non-existent.

Can you recommend an N+ router for under $100 that I would never have to reset?
--
»A pretty good alernative to bit torrent and newsgroups

Simba7
I Void Warranties

join:2003-03-24
Billings, MT

Belkin isn't that bad..

You just have to have one that will flash dd-wrt or OpenWrt. My Bro-in-law's Belkin F5D8235-4v2 works awesome since I flashed it with dd-wrt.

Most of the issues aren't with the hardware, it's with the software.

meowmeow

join:2003-07-26
Helena, MT
reply to HarryH3

Re: Blech!

Yugo's weren't actually nearly that bad... Owners were failing to even get oil changes on the things since they were so cheap, they attracted buying who didn't put as much love into their investment. Even those who did failed to do more major work like timing belt changes - leading to engines destroyed that way. Also, the engine design required midgrade fuel (89 Octane min).

Fed the required fuel (slightly more expensive), and maintained properly, they were decent little cars if you kept your expectations reasonable.

marctronixx

join:2003-09-08
Los Angeles, CA

Yugo GV

I had a Yugo GV Paid $150000 USD It was my first car. no synchronous gearbox, but I added air and am/fm casette. I had it for 86,000 miles and i only had to replace the clutch and alternator as the major issues. always put in high test petrol.
lovely car.

MikePWV

join:2010-09-08
Martinsburg, WV

Bye belkin

I hate Belkin. I had to deal with a P.O.S. Belkin Router for years that disconnected constantly and it had major issues with XBox live. uPNP did nothing and even setting DMZ didn't even help. Good luck trying to connect more than 1 xbox wireless to that router. Finally upgraded to ASUS and wow it works flawlessly with all my wifi products straight out the box. Granted the Belkin was pretty damn old but still.

floydb1982

join:2004-08-25
Kent, WA
reply to viperm

Re: NOOOOOOO belkin sucks ASS!

Belkin is the best company ever to buy a router from. Because they build routers better than everyone else.

I've only been using Belkin routers for as long as I can remember and I'm here to tell that I have not had a single problem with there routers at all what so ever.

This is such a good move for Belkin because Linksys routers suck and now with Belkin in the big picture here Belkin will take all the current Linksys routers and so forth and they better than ever before the correct way a router is suppose to be.