dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
view:
topics flat nest 
Comments on news posted 2013-02-01 18:09:34: • First steps taken to build gigabit network in North Carolina [cnet.com] • Clearwire evaluating Dish, Sprint offers [marketwatch.com] • Apple Reigns as Top U.S. Phone Seller in Q4 [newsfactor. ..

skeechan
Ai Otsukaholic
Premium Member
join:2012-01-26
AA169|170

skeechan

Premium Member

Apple, Samsung and LG...that is a lot of phones

That article says that the US market did 167M phones in 1 year? That is more than 1 in 2 people; over half of all men, women and children bought a phone in the US last year? Unless I'm reading that wrong that is crazy.

Smith6612
MVM
join:2008-02-01
North Tonawanda, NY
·Charter
Ubee EU2251
Ubiquiti UAP-IW-HD
Ubiquiti UniFi AP-AC-HD

Smith6612

MVM

Re: Apple, Samsung and LG...that is a lot of phones

said by skeechan:

That article says that the US market did 167M phones in 1 year? That is more than 1 in 2 people; over half of all men, women and children bought a phone in the US last year? Unless I'm reading that wrong that is crazy.

A lot of people like to break their phones. Perhaps that's where the number comes from? :P

skeechan
Ai Otsukaholic
Premium Member
join:2012-01-26
AA169|170

skeechan

Premium Member

Re: Apple, Samsung and LG...that is a lot of phones

Then I change that to "that is a lot of early termination fees"!

SimbaSeven
I Void Warranties
join:2003-03-24
Billings, MT
·StarLink

1 edit

SimbaSeven

Satellite ISP: We're getting screwed

said by "fiercewireless.com" :

The company has announced consumer packages offering download speeds up to 20 Mbps with upload rates of 4 Mbps to 6 Mbps, making it the fastest satellite packages available in Europe, according to Eutelsat.

The Paris-based company claims that its new Tooway service offers the fastest satellite-based consumer broadband speeds in Europe, and as a bonus includes unlimited 24-hour data downloads. This unlimited download offer, however, is only available to those that subscribe to the 20 Mbps service, the only other option being a lower-cost 2 Mbps service.

Monthly pricing for the Tooway service ranges from €20 up to €50 depending on the download speed and data bundle selected. This is expensive compared with fibre and LTE, but significantly cheaper than previous satellite broadband services, maintains Eutelsat.

So, they're getting 20/6Mbps UNLIMITED data and pay 50 Euros while we're getting ripped off.

What the hell you two, and I mean HughesNet and Wildblue?

chip89
Premium Member
join:2012-07-05
Columbia Station, OH

chip89

Premium Member

Re: Satellite ISP: We're getting screwed

We're getting ripped off because huges and wildblue want our money to line their fat pockets that's why.