dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
view:
topics flat nest 
Comments on news posted 2013-02-02 11:32:10: Please stay in the comment section below until authorized personnel give you the green light to leave. . ..

prev · 1 · 2

diablo18926
R.I.P. Donald Lee Wise
join:2011-04-21
Friendly, WV

diablo18926 to IowaCowboy

to IowaCowboy

Re: Just bought a Nintendo 3DS yesterday

Anything flashy is health hazardous other than your hand. When I was at the age of about 5, I played maybe 3+ hours of super mario bros 64 i think it was and i got this horrible migraine that occured and then all the sudden i dropped to the floor (sezior) and was'nt breathing.. About a half an hour later or somethin i woke up and had to be rushed to the ER. Playing these types of games on old TV sets and monitor screens should be taken very seriously IMO. Its also very bad for your eyes and can ruin your retina's permanent.

Kids if your reading this, please don't do what I did, even though there was light in the room, it can still be fetal and you may experience major headaches down the road (migraines).

linicx
Caveat Emptor
Premium Member
join:2002-12-03
United State

linicx

Premium Member

You may have been unconscious for 30 minutes - which is a long time after a seizure - but you were breathing. I have friends who are epileptic and they all avoid flashing or fast moving series lights even on a christmas tree for that very reason.

Take care of you and be careful when you are driving. Some of the new cop cars have bright white halogen lights on the top of the car that flash in series that can have same affect.

diablo18926
R.I.P. Donald Lee Wise
Friendly, WV

diablo18926

said by linicx:

You may have been unconscious for 30 minutes - which is a long time after a seizure - but you were breathing.

oh? Then I wonder.. Has my entire family been lieing to me all this time for 15 years saying that my brother saved my life? I was told over and over that my brother did cpr on me and the ambulance toke precisely 45 minutes to arrive.
Expand your moderator at work
rradina
join:2000-08-08
Chesterfield, MO

1 recommendation

rradina to jkj860

to jkj860

Re: Go SF

Chris Carter was pretty wet yesterday. Given Ray Lewis' storied career, I'd say we're in for more waterworks down the road.

Chris Carter said yesterday was the best day of his life. I wonder what his son thinks of that? As a father of three, the best days of my life all come when I experience them having their best days.
rradina

1 recommendation

rradina to Happydude32

to Happydude32

Re: Go Ravens!

I'd like to see the 49ers win simply because I don't feel Baltimore deserves to be there. I know that's not nice to Baltimore fans but it just doesn't seem the Ravens are the best team. Denver is a better team but the defense screwed the pooch and before that, they probably should have let Payton throw a first down to end the game.

However, I have mixed emotions about the 49ers because Kaepernick seems a bit too cocky. Unless someone cleans his clock and he never recovers, he'll have an all-star career but I'm not sure he's done enough yet to be this cocky. Losing the big one would be better for him than winning. I think he'll be a better leader if he loses because his god complex might diminish enough that the rest of the team will play their hardest for him.
rradina

rradina to Scatcatpdx

to Scatcatpdx

Re: Comcast dropping Powerboost with some speed increases

I don't think cable's DOCSIS bandwidth works that way. There are separate upload and download streams (frequencies/channels) and raising the upload doesn't mean you have to give up download. At some point what you say could be true. Cable plants have ~1Ghz of usable spectrum and until the combined download and upload consume all of that spectrum, changing either doesn't mean the other has to lose.

The coming DOCSIS spec has some lofty claims of possible 10Gbps over coax with a 2Gpbs return path.
Happydude32
Premium Member
join:2005-07-16

Happydude32 to rradina

Premium Member

to rradina

I see where you’re coming from about not deserving to be there. That’s how I felt the Giants, especially after losing 5 out of 6 games in the second half of the season last year. If in Week 13 of the 2011 season if Jason Garrett didn’t ice his own kicker, the Cowboys would have won that came against the Cards, the Cowboys and Giants would have had the same record at 9-7. Granted NY swept the season series, but if anything else happened, and the Giants had one more loss, like if the Cowboys beat the Giants a week later on SNF, instead of losing by a Field Goal, the Giants wouldn’t have been in the playoffs. The I hate the Giants with a deep passion, and some of this is hatred speaking and some of this is fact, the NY Giants didn’t even deserve to be in the Playoffs last season and certainly didn’t deserve a ring. But that’s what happened. I feel the 2012 Ravens team is worlds better than the Giants were last year. They’re more dynamic and Flacco is better than baby Manning. Hopefully they do something other than hand the ball to Ray Rice every first down for 2 yard gain.

YukonHawk
join:2001-01-07
Patterson, NY

YukonHawk to hussle87

to hussle87

Re: Superbowl

GOOOOOOOOO Ravens!!!!!!!

chip89
Premium Member
join:2012-07-05
Columbia Station, OH

chip89 to FFH5

Premium Member

to FFH5

I hope I still have my PowerBoost along with Cox's new speed increases.
chip89

chip89 to IowaCowboy

Premium Member

to IowaCowboy

Good for you I have the 3ds but thanks to my Xbox360 and my iPhone it's not being used.
chip89

chip89 to diablo18926

Premium Member

to diablo18926
I play my xbox360 daily for a few hours a day you don't want to play in a dark room and if your eyes start to hurt you need to stop playing
Madtown
Premium Member
join:2008-04-26
93637-2905

Madtown to chip89

Premium Member

to chip89

I sure hope it hits here in California. I don't mind if they drop PB, it only in effect for about 10 or 20 seconds anyways, after that it goes to the sustain speed of 15 mbps anyways.

linicx
Caveat Emptor
Premium Member
join:2002-12-03
United State

linicx to diablo18926

Premium Member

to diablo18926

I did not *see* where you mentioned CPR. You're extremely lucky big brother was at home and knew how to administer it. Of course your family did not lie. And it does not surprise me that it took an ambulance 45 minutes to arrive at your house because I live in rural America, too. I've observed seizures in people that were triggered by various events.

Your parents were terrified ;of that I am sure as lost a child. I had a dog that had the Petit Mal type seizures for years. I felt so helpless when it happened.

I am very glad you are alive to explain it to other. It never occurred to me the pretty flashing lights I loved as a kid, and used as a landmark as an adult could cause so many unexpected consequences such as seizures.

FFH5
Premium Member
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ

FFH5

Premium Member

Re: Go SF

Why SF will win:
»www.nfl.com/news/story/0 ··· =HP11_cp

Tri
@charter.com

Tri

Anon

Super Bowl Blackout

I give a lot to the actual workers of the the game but if you can't keep the lights on for the so called biggest game of the the year what is next? Sure fiber in every state (that works and is affordable) haha.
Kearnstd
Space Elf
Premium Member
join:2002-01-22
Mullica Hill, NJ

Kearnstd to Westofhere

Premium Member

to Westofhere

the partial power failure might offset this game a bit.

IowaCowboy
Lost in the Supermarket
Premium Member
join:2010-10-16
Springfield, MA

IowaCowboy

Premium Member

Super Bowl power outage

Power is out at the Superdome, why did they have to suspend play as the lighting is more than adequate to play football. I've been to high school football games with less lighting as budget strapped school districts have to reduce the wattage of the bulbs to contain costs.

chip89
Premium Member
join:2012-07-05
Columbia Station, OH

chip89

Premium Member

Super Bowl

The Super Bowl has lost power!

»news.yahoo.com/lights-po ··· nfl.html

jkj860
The Final Frontier
join:2002-01-10
Valparaiso, IN

jkj860

Power malfunction.

FFH5
Premium Member
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ

FFH5 to Westofhere

Premium Member

to Westofhere

Ratbirds win 34-31. Game goes down to last minute. It has been an especially good post season this year. Lots of very close games.

jkj860
The Final Frontier
join:2002-01-10
Valparaiso, IN

jkj860

said by FFH5:

Ratbirds win 34-31. Game goes down to last minute. It has been an especially good post season this year. Lots of very close games.

Yes it has! Good game.

KrK
Heavy Artillery For The Little Guy
Premium Member
join:2000-01-17
Tulsa, OK

KrK to IowaCowboy

Premium Member

to IowaCowboy

Re: Super Bowl power outage

Players can't see the clock

diablo18926
R.I.P. Donald Lee Wise
Friendly, WV

diablo18926

They did mention its happen a few times in the past (but not the big game of the year)
rradina
join:2000-08-08
Chesterfield, MO

rradina to Happydude32

to Happydude32

Well I must admit I now believe Flacco is a great QB. The guy deserves the MVP and the Ravens deserve the W. He just doesn't make many mistakes. Although when he audibled a throw option in the fourth quarter when it was 3rd and 1, Boldin saved his bacon. Although the throw was perfect, Boldin made an absolutely stunning catch despite Rodger's hand in the middle of his chest!

Congratulations Ravens fans.
prev · 1 · 2