spacer

spacer

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc

spacer

how-to block ads

view:
topics flat nest 
Comments on news posted 2013-02-19 12:42:55: News of Samsung's latest flagship smartphone should be arriving along with Spring robins. Anonymous sources tell The Verge that the Galaxy S IV will "definitely" be announced on March 14, and will "take design cues from the Galaxy Note 8.0. ..

page: 1 · 2 · next

Metatron2008
Premium
join:2008-09-02
united state

This will be excellent.

Hopefully they stop with the plastic builds.

m3nphls

join:2012-10-02
Brooklyn, NY

4.99"?

They should come out with a 10" display phone.

FFH5
Premium
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ
kudos:5

And what carriers will it be available on initially?

And what carriers will it be available on initially? Didn't see that info on the links provided.

kerya666

join:2002-12-20
Valrico, FL
reply to Metatron2008

Re: This will be excellent.

said by Metatron2008:

Hopefully they stop with the plastic builds.

It would be good to have variety but I rather have high-impact resistant plastic than uni-body metal any day. Better for heat, drops, weather, weight , replacement easier, etc.

Besides Apple with it's never stopping troll-train will try to sue them because they "invented" aluminum or any other metal it could be made out of.

Hopefully they will do a good job with it because my Galaxy S and Ip4S need a replacement.

trparky
Apple... YUM
Premium,MVM
join:2000-05-24
Cleveland, OH
kudos:2

Looking forward to this phone...

I'm really looking forward to this phone to replace my aging Samsung Galaxy Nexus.

wdoa

join:2001-10-16
Spencer, MA

5" display too big, too prone to breaking

5".. oops I mean 4.99" display is just too big. the large screen also makes it far more likelier to break in the event of a short fall.

ropeguru
Premium
join:2001-01-25
Mechanicsville, VA

Hopefully on Verizon...

As it will be the perfect timing for my end of contract with Sprint in May. This gives some time to see what all the bugs and issues will be before I have to decide on a new phone.

admin123

@myvzw.com
reply to wdoa

Re: 5" display too big, too prone to breaking

I hope when you buy something at store when it's say $1.99 you go 2 bucks oops i mean $1.99.

Simba7
I Void Warranties

join:2003-03-24
Billings, MT
reply to wdoa
It is not. It also depends on the type of screen.

All my phones are in OtterBox Defender cases, so I don't have to worry. I dropped my Captivate from 4 feet standing straight up (on purpose to prove a point) onto a solid granite slab and it did nothing to it. It bounced and landed without a scratch or any damage to the case or the phone.

Although the look on the potential customer's face (after he said "Don't do it!") was priceless. I'm suspecting he got one immediately.
--
Bresnan 30M/5M | CenturyLink 5M/896K
MyWS[PnmIIX3@3.2G,8G RAM,500G+1.5T+2T HDDs,Win7]
WifeWS[A64@2G,2G RAM,120G HDD,Win7]
Router[2xP3@1G,2G RAM,18G HDD,Allied Telesyn AT2560FX,2xDigital DE504,Sun X1034A,2xSun X4444A,SMC 8432BTA,Gentoo]

anon01

@xo.net
reply to m3nphls

Re: 4.99"?

For real who wants to hold a freaking Notepad to your ear..?? I can't understand what the fascination is with these HUGE Phones.

en103

join:2011-05-02
reply to m3nphls
Technically - its called the Samsung Tab 10.1 - just doesn't come by default with a SIM card - you can use Skype.

Similar, Google Nexus 10.

Simba7
I Void Warranties

Billings, MT
reply to m3nphls
Why 4.99"? So Apple doesn't sue them for using 5".

aaronwt
Premium
join:2004-11-07
Woodbridge, VA
reply to wdoa

said by wdoa:

5".. oops I mean 4.99" display is just too big. the large screen also makes it far more likelier to break in the event of a short fall.

Why do people keep dropping their phones? A 5" screen should be no more difficult to keep from dropping than a 4.3" screen.

In ninteen years of using cell phones, I've never had a screen break. But apparently I'm also not dropping my phone on a regular basis like it seems like some people do.

Simba7
I Void Warranties

Billings, MT

Drool..

Oh ya, this is definitely my next phone. I'm buying it outright and gettting an ST SIM card for it, though.

aaronwt
Premium
join:2004-11-07
Woodbridge, VA

What will the battery lie be like...

with and eight core processor?

I'm still tempted to buy the 5" HTC quad core phone.

I'm still not sure about getting a Galaxy. A coworkerer has one and there are some things I like aout and some I don't. I guess I've been used to using the HTC phones the last few years.

Network Guy
Premium
join:2000-08-25
New York

Yes!

This means my cheapskate ass can start looking into a Galaxy S3 in the next six months for less than the going price of $400+.

bobjohnson
Premium
join:2007-02-03
Orlando, FL
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
·T-Mobile US
reply to FFH5

Re: And what carriers will it be available on initially?

said by FFH5:

And what carriers will it be available on initially? Didn't see that info on the links provided.

So far the S2 and 3 have been on the big 4 and some regionals so I would figure this to be no different. These are big sellers.

BonezX
Basement Dweller
Premium
join:2004-04-13
Canada
kudos:1

1 edit
reply to wdoa

said by wdoa:

never owned a galaxy have you, gorilla glass is tough as hell.

galaxy S3 screen is 4.8inches, S4 is only going to be .19 inches bigger. they might also do the same buffer-rubber around the screen.

scavio
Premium
join:2001-07-14
Melmac
reply to aaronwt

Re: What will the battery lie be like...

The processor has 8 cores, but it's four A15s (high performance) and four A7s (lower power). It's the whole big.LITTLE thing that ARM is pushing that supposedly will help with battery life.

trparky
Apple... YUM
Premium,MVM
Cleveland, OH
Recently uncovered rumors state that it will not be an octa-core CPU in any shape. It will be simply a quad-core CPU with nothing special about it.

At least, that's what current rumors have at the moment.

Madtown
Premium
join:2008-04-26
Madera, CA

Will Cricket get it?

I hope Cricket will get it.

Eddy120876

join:2009-02-16
Bronx, NY
reply to BonezX

well is not as tough as some might believe check this out

»youtu.be/36U-hOhTNIw

BonezX
Basement Dweller
Premium
Canada

1 edit
said by Eddy120876:

well is not as tough as some might believe check this out

»youtu.be/36U-hOhTNIw

saw that, notice i mentioned a rubber buffer on the screen, since most of the damage was because of edge impact.

watch?v=J4zQKeAEqsQ

different angles

which is easy to fix(and what they did with the phone5)

kind annoying watching other "tests" where situations are blatantly different(anyone seen squaretrades beer-bottle test ?)

jay608
Going Nucking Futs

join:2007-01-22
Chicago, IL
reply to Network Guy

Re: Yes!

I'm with you on that. My wife told me to get one when she just upgraded. I told her no.

Eddy120876

join:2009-02-16
Bronx, NY
reply to BonezX

still the screen on the sG3 is not as thought as they make it out to be. Also theres tons of test video proving that, not just this video. Nothing bias when the same bottles hit the iphone and nothing happen is not like the emptied it out so it won't damage the iphone 5. heres another one and it comes from Android authority and even then proved the sg3 does crap easily:

»youtu.be/6M5q5TRuAsY

firedrakes

join:2009-01-29
Arcadia, FL
reply to Madtown

Re: Will Cricket get it?

the only reason why it not came out yet. is the screen. they have had a hard time making it (yield wise)

BonezX
Basement Dweller
Premium
Canada
reply to Eddy120876

they might not have been purposeful bias, but drop angles being that far apart on 3 tests is a bit much.

LightS
Premium
join:2005-12-17
Greenville, TX
reply to trparky

Re: Looking forward to this phone...

It does seem old doesn't it I still love mine though..

Premium
join:2004-07-28
West Tenness
reply to anon01

Re: 4.99"?

Ok first it's not any bigger than the current GS3. There will be just less space around the edge of the phone.

Second some of use have large hands. My current phone is 4 inches and even holding it sideways it's still a pain in the butt to text.

Thirdly and old flip phone fully open is a lot longer than even a Galaxy Note II which is 5.5 inches.

trparky
Apple... YUM
Premium,MVM
Cleveland, OH
reply to LightS

Re: Looking forward to this phone...

The 1 GB of RAM in the Galaxy Nexus is really starting to make it show its age.