spacer

spacer

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc

spacer

how-to block ads

view:
topics flat nest 
Comments on news posted 2013-02-20 14:27:49: A month or so ago Time Warner Cable proudly proclaimed that the company would be banning some gun ads, specifically "ads showing semi-automatic weapons and guns pointed at people. ..

prev page · 1 · 2

atuarre
Here come the drums
Premium
join:2004-02-14
Conroe, TX

RE

Naturally, we're going to have people that are going to come on here and make complaints about this but it is that corporations right to decide what they will and will not advertise.

I really do not even see the point for having guns advertised on television in the first place. I guess people are going to see the advertisements and run out and purchase guns.

I really do not care how much the gun manufacturers are willing to pay, that ad space is better served for something else.

egeek84
Premium
join:2011-07-28
Livermore, CA

no complaints here

I'm all for this move, thank you Comcast!

djdanska
Rudie32
Premium,MVM
join:2001-04-21
San Diego, CA
kudos:4
Reviews:
·Cox HSI

Huh??

Comcast Spotlight is the local advertising that comcast places over existing ads on cable channels. NOT syfi or any other nbc/comcast owned channels. I've never ever seen a gun ad when i had comcast in chicagoland.
--
The day the child realizes that all adults are imperfect, he becomes an adolescent; the day he forgives them, he becomes an adult. The day he forgives himself, he becomes wise.
Alden Nowlan

AlexNYC

join:2001-06-02
Edwards, CO

Every Action Movie is an Ad

Every action movie is an ad for all kids of weapons.

Anyone seen the Expendables 2?

Veloslave
Geek For God
Premium
join:2003-07-11
Martinez, CA
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Comcast
·PHONE POWER

They will show a wee bit...

OK, a lot of bit of the ultra violent movies... death and destruction in every frame... so they make money off of it that way but advertising is some sort of a-moral ground?

Hypocrisy is alive and well... and as usual, Comcrap is... full of it.
--
Mom was right.... I NEED fiber!

EGeezer
zichrona livracha
Premium
join:2002-08-04
Midwest
kudos:8
Reviews:
·Callcentric

Guns pointed at people??

Neither Comcast nor Time Warner have any problems airing programs where guns are pointed at people. The ad revenue from gun shops is insignificant compared to their total revenue, and this is just a PR ploy.
--
Buckle Up. It makes it harder for the aliens to suck you out of your car.