dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
view:
topics flat nest 
Comments on news posted 2013-02-22 09:25:26: Charter's quarterly earnings released this morning show the cable operator lost $40 million on the quarter, an improvement from the $67 million lost this time last year. ..

Bill Neilson
Premium Member
join:2009-07-08
Alexandria, VA

Bill Neilson

Premium Member

"relationships are growing"

Yes, we can all see that with your pathetic customer rankings
squashpile
join:2001-06-13
Birmingham, AL

squashpile

Next Q

Hmm.. be interesting to see next quarter. I wonder how many people besides me downgraded service very recently.
markopoleo
join:2003-04-02
Bonne Terre, MO

markopoleo

Re: Next Q

said by squashpile:

Hmm.. be interesting to see next quarter. I wonder how many people besides me downgraded service very recently.

I know 3 people personally who downgraded HSI from 100meg to 30meg because of price increase. The stupid pricing scheme charter uses here makes no sense to get it. You can get 30/4meg BUSINESS price from the same price you can get 100meg/5meg now. Business even throws in free phone service for the first year. lol

cork1958
Cork
Premium Member
join:2000-02-26

cork1958

Premium Member

Re: Next Q

said by markopoleo:

said by squashpile:

I know 3 people personally who downgraded HSI from 100meg to 30meg because of price increase. The stupid pricing scheme charter uses here makes no sense to get it. You can get 30/4meg BUSINESS price from the same price you can get 100meg/5meg now. Business even throws in free phone service for the first year. lol

30/4 business class for the same price as the 100/5 doesn't sound like it makes ANY sense what so ever to me! In fact, that actually quite stupid to pay the same price for less than a third of the speed, isn't it?

Who gives a rats a** about free phone service, unless you're talking about free phone modem/usage and and not the free 24/7 USA based tech support? Either way, still sounds like a very bad deal to me, the way you have this worded. Don't give a crap about the supposed tech support for business class either. Shouldn't need it if Charter just made their crap run right to begin with! I think I've had to call Charter one time for real tech support in the 15-16 years I've been with them.

Personally,
I hope Charter continues to lose $40 million dollars EVERY quarter, seeing as how this article makes it sound like chump change and Charter thinks they are doing so well!

Brian_M
join:2004-06-19
Manchester, GA

Brian_M

Sucks to be a bad statistic...

Gee, I'm a "new subscriber", not because I *want* to be with Charter, but because my first choice was such a pathetic mess that I had to either give up internet all together, or go with Charter. Wasn't going to keep on paying Windstream $55/month for unusable service.

But, I'm data only... not going to get me on one of those overpriced video or phone packages. Spam me as much as you like (and it's a LOT), it's just not happening.

morbo
Complete Your Transaction
join:2002-01-22

morbo

Re: Sucks to be a bad statistic...

said by Brian_M:

not because I *want* to be with Charter, but because my first choice was such a pathetic mess that I had to either give up internet all together, or go with Charter.

I find this statement acurately describes the choice most people in the U.S. face.

scott2020
join:2008-07-20
MO

scott2020

Re: Sucks to be a bad statistic...

I can get Charter or nothing, period. Unless you consider satellite internet as competition, which I do not.
15444104 (banned)
join:2012-06-11

15444104 (banned)

24/7 Wall to wall TV advertisements

I have to believe that the constant barrage of ads on television all day and night about every five minutes or so on seemingly EVERY channel possible must be HUGELY expensive and I doubt those ads convince anyone to subscribe.

I'd love to know what the cost of all these endless television ads are. It must be a LARGE portion of the budget. I figure that they a large part of the price increases we are now paying for.

nunya
LXI 483
MVM
join:2000-12-23
O Fallon, MO
·Charter

nunya

MVM

Sad

It's sad because it really did look like Charter was on the path to reversing decades of built up animosity and negative feelings; all well deserved, of course.
Even I, the incurable pessimist, was starting to think Charter might be turning around. I almost wanted to like them.
Then... suddenly new management steps in and begins pissing away any progress as fast as they can.
I hate their current "choiceless" offerings and prices. I ditched their video service a long time ago.
Telephone service is a joke. People under 60 generally could give a rats ass about phone service any more (Generally!).
They only good thing they had going for them is their internet service. With the price hikes, lack of choices, and modem debacle it almost appears as if they are trying to drive customers away.
15444104 (banned)
join:2012-06-11

15444104 (banned)

My thoughts as well.

Nicely stated nunya!

I imagine that many other subscribers are saying the same thing now.

When the prince of Helicopters, Tom Rutledge became CEO is was like they immediately went back to being the same old, detestable provider that I remember back in the early 2000 and before.

Even though the numbers that Karl are mentioning seem to be better for the company, they are a very short term item, and if the customers like ourselves continue to be annoyed enough to leave the long term prospects look grim indeed for the ailing company.

Essentially Tom recently smacked the customers over the head to make the books look good for a short time. It won't last buddy.

I still want to know if this latest brass tack genius Tom Rutledge still gets a helicopter ride between his CT home and office everyday.

mmainprize
join:2001-12-06
Houghton Lake, MI

1 edit

mmainprize

Re: My thoughts as well.

Well when you jack up the price for everyone you can make more money. You just have to stop the bleeding of customers mostly Video.

Funny how other country's can delivery internet speeds and cost better then the USA.

Some what old info

»www.webpronews.com/you-p ··· -2012-07

»dailyinfographic.com/int ··· ographic

xNPC
As Usual, Have Nice Day
Premium Member
join:2000-11-08
Errington, BC

xNPC

Premium Member

broken promises

just more broken promises.

The_ANoN
@bellsouth.net

The_ANoN

Anon

Wow...

Someone needs to just go ahead and buy Charter already..
bboe
join:2004-02-03
Monterey Park, CA

bboe

Just lost some business

Slightly less huh? Just left Charter today! GOODBYE to 200+ pings to everywhere!