spacer

spacer

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc

spacer

how-to block ads

view:
topics flat nest 
Comments on news posted 2013-02-25 14:25:28: With Sprint's LTE service now available in portions of 58 markets (most of them small), Sprint has now started offering LTE service through the company's Boost Mobile and Virgin Mobile no contract, prepaid brands. ..

Sprint fail

@cox.net

Good thinking

As if the 3g side isn't slow enough. Let's get the LTE side to match in the 3 different cities (sarcasm) that it's running on.

Sadly after 10 years with Nextel, then Sprint - I have ported over to Verizon for reliable service earlier this month. The decline in network performance by Sprint was an amazing thing to see and experience.

ocjosh

@clearwire-wmx.net

Re: Good thinking

Sprint Network is so slow in Los Angeles, Orange county, also all the way to Las Vegas along I-15. One word, slow.... That also applied to LTE which is not offcially launched, 1.1 Mbps or so. Slow~~

When you go to smaller markets, Sprint is fine such as Rancho Palos Verdes but very spotty.

I will give it another 6 months wait, but not to evil twins V&A. We need to build competitions by our own, the people.
xirian
Premium
join:2003-01-26
Beacon, NY
kudos:1
said by Sprint fail :

As if the 3g side isn't slow enough. Let's get the LTE side to match in the 3 different cities (sarcasm) that it's running on.

The areas with LTE shouldn't have this issue, as the bottleneck is the backhaul and each site gets upgraded backhaul when they get LTE, which is why its taking so long.

FFH5
Premium
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ
kudos:5
said by Sprint fail :

Sadly after 10 years with Nextel, then Sprint - I have ported over to Verizon for reliable service earlier this month. The decline in network performance by Sprint was an amazing thing to see and experience.

Sprint has always had spotty coverage outside of downtown city cores, and the speeds have been slow because of inadequate back haul. Will their network overhaul change that? I don't know, but like you I will switch to Verizon when my 2 yr Sprint commitment expires in May. I am tired after 4 yrs waiting for them to improve.
--
I will be perfectly happy if the budget cuts specified in the Budget Control Act go into effect. 3 cheers for the sequester. Take the money from the drunken federal spenders.

ilikeme
I live in a van down by the river.
Premium
join:2002-08-27
Sugar Land, TX
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Vonage

Re: Good thinking

said by FFH5:

said by Sprint fail :

Sprint has always had spotty coverage outside of downtown city cores, and the speeds have been slow because of inadequate back haul. Will their network overhaul change that? I don't know, but like you I will switch to Verizon when my 2 yr Sprint commitment expires in May. I am tired after 4 yrs waiting for them to improve.

I tried Sprint LTE and it was horrid. The coverage had more holes than swiss cheese and where it did work, AT&T and Verizon 3G were even faster lol.
--

Fiber Optics is the future of high-speed internet access. Stop by the BBR Fiber Optic Forum

Premium
join:2004-07-28
West Tenness

unlimited = 2.5 GB?

Sprint sure knows math.
iansltx

join:2007-02-19
Austin, TX
kudos:2

Re: unlimited = 2.5 GB?

As long as you're okay with 256 kbps somewhere north of 2.5GB transferred, it's unlimited.

Premium
join:2004-07-28
West Tenness

I highly doubt 256 kbps is what people had in mind when they hear "unlimited data". Might as well have dial-up.

Vchat20
Landing is the REAL challenge
Premium
join:2003-09-16
Columbus, OH

I would much rather be throttled than be cut off completely. By actual definition it IS unlimited data. Not unlimited speed (with respect to what the network can handle at any given time). And given most people would be hard to hit that 2.5GB in a month, IF they happen to do so towards the end of the month, they can continue to have data service, unlimited but albeit at limited speeds, for a couple of days. Worth it in my book!
--
I swear, some people should have pace-makers installed to free up the resources. Breathing and heart beat taxes their whole system, all of their brain cells wasted on life support.-two bit brains, and the second bit is wasted on parity! ~head_spaz

Bababooey

@cox.net

What a joke.

They will need another press release in a year to remind me it will be in Phoenix by 2015. Can't wait until SoftBank runs Sprint.

No Limit
Just Say No To Social Promotion

join:2000-10-07
Katy, TX

How about Sprint customers?

Hey Sprint. How about you get LTE up and running for your current, paying customers? I'm not on Boost nor Virgin Mobile yet I'm paying you a monthly fee and LTE isn't up yet. Luckily you haven't shut off WiMax yet otherwise I'd be looking elsewhere for mobile phone provider soon.
tmc8080

join:2004-04-24
Brooklyn, NY
Reviews:
·ooma
·Optimum Online
·Verizon FiOS

lame

how about improving your coverage first?!? towers in Metro NY suck and are weak in NYC of all places!! If you fail in the NYC market you might as well pack it up right now!!

price gouging and collusion will get you nowhere in market share especially with a gutterball cell tower network.