spacer

spacer

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc

spacer

how-to block ads

view:
topics flat nest 
Comments on news posted 2013-03-04 10:48:48: Techdirt directs our attention to the fact that one of the companies behind tracking copyright violations for the new six strikes anti-piracy initiative has been falsely flagging video game mods as copyrighted content. ..

prev · 1 · 2

Hope Dreyer

@verizon.net
reply to Camelot One

Re: Oh boy...

Actually you get the $35 back, if they find you not guilty... Another reason for them to not find you not guilty.

Hope Dreier

@verizon.net
reply to plencnerb

Re: Its a large download...must be pirated content!

Simply, yes.
Expand your moderator at work

Camelot One
Premium,MVM
join:2001-11-21
Greenwood, IN
kudos:2
reply to Hope Dreyer

said by Hope Dreyer :

Actually you get the $35 back, if they find you not guilty...

Please name your source, I have not been able to find anything stating that.

Kearnstd
Space Elf
Premium
join:2002-01-22
Mullica Hill, NJ
kudos:1

Something funny about copyright violations

Hollywood partly exists because film makers wanted to avoid paying licensing fees for the patents that Edison had on the process of making motion pictures.

It is kind of funny they cry about downloaders not paying, yet their industry is rooted in people not wanting to pay a license fee.
--
[65 Arcanist]Filan(High Elf) Zone: Broadband Reports

KrK
Heavy Artillery For The Little Guy
Premium
join:2000-01-17
Tulsa, OK
reply to JTR

Re: Surprize!

Yes, because you should always have to answer false allegations by proving yourself innocent to the anonymous accuser, on your own time and dime.

That is written right into the U.S. Constitution, isn't it?
--
"Fascism should more properly be called corporatism because it is the merger of state and corporate power." -- Benito Mussolini

noc007

join:2002-06-18
Cumming, GA
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to Kearnstd

Re: Its a large download...must be pirated content!

I remember a story where an original video was uploaded to YouTube. That video was later played by NBC Nightly News IIRC for some segment. A DMCA takedown was done on the original video and they never got permission to air the video anyways.

Seriously, it's out of control.

Hope Dreier

@verizon.net
reply to Camelot One

"Finally, Lesser explained to Ars that consumers will have to pay $35 to the CAS to initiate a review procedure, which will be refunded if the consumer wins the review."

In »arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2012 ··· cost-35/

As I said the fact that they, like the Spanish Inquisition, get to keep your money if they find you guilty indicates to me that they are unlikely to be finding to many people innocent.