dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
view:
topics flat nest 
Comments on news posted 2013-03-05 10:26:03: A reliable source at Comcast has provided me with the March launch schedule for the company's speed increases that have been slowly deploying nationwide. ..

prev · 1 · 2 · 3

Wondering
@comcast.net

Wondering

Anon

Comcast is HORRIBLE in Colorado

I just called Comcast (March 7) and asked them when will Colorado be lucky and start enjoying the new speeds.
Comcast has absolutely no idea.
They are BAD.
They are plain HORRIBLE.
How can a company be run so poorly and inefficiently.
SHAME ON COMCAST.

MTBikerChris
Premium Member
join:2001-08-28
Erie, CO

MTBikerChris

Premium Member

Re: Comcast is HORRIBLE in Colorado

Dude we are getting it just chill the F Out !! I spoke with a tech that was in my neighborhood and we are getting it by the end of the month sometime !! Its coming, I am all for the new speeds as well but Living day by day for it is just dumb, I think you need to go and enjoy the snow we just got and just chill !

And Sign up for this site if your going to post so people can take you for real !
MikePWV
join:2010-09-08
Martinsburg, WV

MikePWV to Wondering

to Wondering
such a cry baby. phone reps are clueless as to when stuff is gonna happen. your best bet is the contact comcast via social media to get better results.

if comcast is so horrible start looking at another isp

MTBikerChris
Premium Member
Erie, CO

MTBikerChris

Premium Member

i agree go with Quest or whatever its called now and see if you can even get 25 MB a Sec I bet not !
Tom149
join:2013-03-25
Denver, CO

Tom149 to Wondering

to Wondering
Spoke to Comcast today and was told speed upgrade was scheduled for 3/28 for Colorado.

MTBikerChris
Premium Member
Erie, CO

MTBikerChris

Premium Member

Thanks TOM for the update !
Tom149
join:2013-03-25
Denver, CO

Tom149

My pleasure!
Mrq6
join:2011-05-11
Warren, MI

Mrq6

Warren MI

On Blast here in Warren MI. Rebooted cable modem and here are the new speeds. Very nice!
djcrazy
Premium Member
join:2009-08-05
Minneapolis, MN

2 edits

djcrazy

Premium Member

My speeds suck

I am on the Blast! tier or at least that is what I am being billed and paying for. SB6121 modem. Download should should be way better than this.

When do we get this upgrade in the Twin Cities MN area?
Speedtest.net is all over the place on different tests whereas comcast's is fairly consistent.

Wonderin
@comcast.net

Wonderin

Anon

SLOW in Colorado

March 9, 2013:
Still no speed upgrade in Colorado.
Wonder when will abysmal, horrible, uncaring Comcast will upgrade our speeds.
Why does not Comcast publish the dates on when each of their regions will get the new speed upgrades.
It is just common business sense.

MTBikerChris
Premium Member
Erie, CO

3 edits

MTBikerChris

Premium Member

Re: SLOW in Colorado

Dude really every day u Post this crap !! U need to get out and enjoy our awesome Colorado weather !!

I can Live with This over my Wireless !
»stage.results.speedtest. ··· 2222.png

Wondering
@comcast.net

Wondering

Anon

Re: SLOW in Colorado

Update on March 13: Still no speed upgrade in Colorado.
I will be patient and wait till the end of the month as you informed us here.
Hopefully I will soon let you know here when (and not if) I will start enjoying the new upgrade speed.

kbrady1979
join:2005-10-20
Franklin, KY

kbrady1979

Franklin, KY

No sign of an upgrade in Southern KY, yet. I am in Franklin, KY and served from the Nashville region. I should mention we are under a trial from Comcast that gives us a data cap. Not sure if that will affect us getting the upgrade or not.
AMD64Blondie
join:2007-08-17
Portland, OR

AMD64Blondie

Still no change...

Still no change here in downtown Portland,OR.

Same speeds as ever.
pablitonet
join:2013-03-11

pablitonet

comcast thieves

comcast thieves
comcast thieves

MTBikerChris
Premium Member
Erie, CO

MTBikerChris

Premium Member

Re: comcast thieves

said by pablitonet:

comcast thieves
comcast thieves

Its good to see u sign up Wonderin !! But really This is your 1'st post !!

Wonderin
@comcast.net

Wonderin

Anon

Re: comcast thieves

That is not me. Wrong guess.

whamel
Premium Member
join:2002-05-09
Evergreen Park, IL

whamel

Premium Member

MISSISSIPPI?

WHAT ABOUT MISSISSIPPI?
Seeley
join:2009-01-31
Eatontown, NJ

1 edit

Seeley

Exactly what infrastructure did Comcast invest money in?

Just another marketing ploy by greedy Comcast.
But watch, next year, we'll see the increases in our bills.

There's nothing for free, ESPECIALLY from Comcast.
posimosh
join:2011-02-04
Roseville, CA

posimosh

Comcast should be broken up.

What a joke. Comcast has successfully played the game of Chicago school economics. Their moat-index rating is the highest in the country this they are able to bend customers over a barrel (charging them for the privilege) and somehow get non-news like this posted on every tech "news" site of consequence. The US government invented the Internet and we now lay behind Bulgaria in connectivity while we pay more for the 30th best Internet service in the world. Ladies and gentleman behold Milton Freedman's wet dream on display (and subsidized by our tax dollars). Eff comcast and the other oligopolies. Shop locally and make regulation work for the people.

PapaHomey
join:2003-03-18
Greenwood, IN

PapaHomey

Indiana Blast not at 50/10

I'm a Blast customer in Greenwood (suburb of Indianapolis) and not seeing 50/10. www.comcast.com advertises downloads of 30 and that's what I'm getting.

»stage.results.speedtest. ··· 5742.png

netcool
Premium Member
join:2008-11-05
Englewood, CO

netcool

Premium Member

Re: Indiana Blast not at 50/10

It's possible your modem is getting the wrong configuration file. I'd call 1-800-COMCAST to confirm everything on your account is correct. If you area was formerly Insight BB it's possible something got hosed up during the transition.
XtremepH
join:2003-10-19
Alpharetta, GA

XtremepH

New Speeds in South FL

LaxerFL
join:2013-03-06

1 edit

LaxerFL

Re: New Speeds in South FL

My download speeds have not increased but my upstream has doubled. I'm in North Fort Myers.
I was on 25/4 and I usually saw 33/6 at off peak times. Today, after power cycling the modem and router, I'm still getting 33 down but my up has gone to 10.86...

Wondering when my downstream will go up?
LaxerFL

LaxerFL

Re: New Speeds in South FL

Well, I called Comcast and my modem is too old for the new speeds, not DOCSIS 3. I went to the office to trade it in and was told that because we get our telephone through Comcast, they can't switch my modem out in the office. It has to be mailed to me... for $10 shipping... and it takes 5 to 7 business days... BOOO!!! I want my free speed increase NOW lol!
I also checked on the pricing for the new Extreme Tier. My Blast Tier costs $38 a month in the triple play package we have. To get the Extreme Tier I would have to drop the Triple Play, pay $99 a month for the Extreme and redo a Double Play package for TV and Phone. For some reason, Extreme is not available in a Triple Play package...

Whatever, 50/10 is good enough I guess... Not really though, I would love 105/20!! But that is stupid expensive.

kbrady1979
join:2005-10-20
Franklin, KY

kbrady1979

Franklin, KY

Confirmed upgrade as of 3/26/13

Blast:

fizzlepop
join:2013-03-23

fizzlepop

Speed increased in Colorado

I'm in Centennial, CO 80111 and am confirming the speed increase.

prev · 1 · 2 · 3