spacer

spacer

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc

spacer

how-to block ads

view:
topics flat nest 
Comments on news posted 2013-03-14 08:27:29: Just a few years ago, Nielsen proclaimed that the idea of TV cord cutting in favor of Internet video alternatives was "purely fiction. ..

prev page · 1 · 2

cork1958
Cork
Premium
join:2000-02-26

1 recommendation

If it wasn't for the wife.......

I probably would not even own a tv. Most of the crap on their is so stupid that the only entertaining thing about it is the fact that there are actually people that watch it!!

All of those reality shows come to mind, right away!!
--
The Firefox alternative.
»www.mozilla.org/projects/seamonkey/
Zarathustra

join:2013-03-16

Half-N-Half

Still subscribing to Cable, but next to lowest tier, primarily for news and sports (Pac-12 Network, for instance). If I could conveniently get them through a streaming app, I'd be gone in a flash.

As it is, almost all of my prime-time viewing is on Netflix and a few other streaming channels (just started watching the second season of The Killing). I have no need for pay channels (HBO, etc.), pay-per-view, or OnDemand.

So, although I'm still connected to cable, I'm only half connected.

netwire
Premium
join:2001-04-27
Shelby, NC
kudos:1

re

The funny thing is that just a few weeks back I had someone from Nielsen knock on my door asking about my television service provider. I guess I am one of those "Zero TV" homes. While I have both DirecTV and Dish Network mounted out on poles I use neither. Hulu+, Roku and Netflix is my entertainment choice.
--
The above nonsense was brought to you in part by Netwire. Your premier internet discussion board information and solutions provider.

basementdude

@charter.com

The only dogs breakfast is...

when your at your sisters house flipping through 200 channels and the only entertaining fare is the music stations. Programming is dead. On demand is the new king. Watch what you want when you want. My flipping days are over.