dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
view:
topics flat nest 
Comments on news posted 2013-03-26 06:56:10: • Is there a better way to upgrade the internet? BitTorrent’s CEO says there is [gigaom.com] • FreedomPop to Bring Free Mobile Broadband to Poorest Americans [mashable. ..

elray
join:2000-12-16
Santa Monica, CA

elray

Data Caps hinder Worker Productivity?

Yeah, right.
Kearnstd
Space Elf
Premium Member
join:2002-01-22
Mullica Hill, NJ

Kearnstd

Premium Member

They do hinder everything including progress. 5gb is a pitiful cap that hinders everything.

However what this article misses on is that if it is truly mission critical for a worker to be able to work on mobile they should be issued a company data device. I know BYOD is the big thing but if it is mission critical a company owned device would be better, If anything I bet commercial accounts can negotiate their data caps if they even have one.

I figured lots of business types would see the airport and the plane itself as a place to unplug for a bit too.
elray
join:2000-12-16
Santa Monica, CA

elray

What "mission-critical" mobile app would consume 5GB+?

Sounds like someone is confused about their mission, and the app programmer needs to be replaced.

If 5GB+ is truly required, there are larger buckets/tiers available, and clearly, the "mission" would justify paying for them, if they actually cost more - anyone who actually bothers to monitor their use and expenses would probably find better options with a few minutes of online research.