dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
view:
topics flat nest 
Comments on news posted 2013-04-26 16:24:46: Sprint's launch of HD voice had to be delayed slightly to work out some "kinks," though the company now says HD voice should make an appearance sometime in the next two months. ..

antonio010
join:2002-11-24

2 recommendations

antonio010

Guess we won't be hearing the pin drop anytime soon

The "Sprint Guy" would be ashamed to see what's become of Sprint.

For those who don't know/remember:

»www.youtube.com/watch?v= ··· nGPsiT_w

Gilitar
join:2012-02-01
Mobile, AL

Gilitar

Sprint's "Coming soon" network

Sprint has always promised "coming soon", but rarely delivers. They are the bottom dweller by far here in this area.
Jim_in_VA (banned)
join:2004-07-11
Cobbs Creek, VA

Jim_in_VA (banned)

wow

a AD that ran for 3 minutes? When and where did it run?

BillRoland
Premium Member
join:2001-01-21
Ocala, FL

1 recommendation

BillRoland to Gilitar

Premium Member

to Gilitar

Re: Sprint's "Coming soon" network

said by Gilitar:

Sprint has always promised "coming soon", but rarely delivers. They are the bottom dweller by far here in this area.

LOL. The "Not Now Network"

FFH5
Premium Member
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ

FFH5 to Gilitar

Premium Member

to Gilitar
said by Gilitar:

That is Sprint's biggest flaw - they rollout changes slower than any other company I know. It is either incompetent project management or not enough cash to pay their outsourced vendor fees.
ExoticFish
join:2008-08-31
Zebulon, NC

ExoticFish

Sprint's Problem Is

They're trying to run this on their own network. Lmao
TheMG
Premium Member
join:2007-09-04
Canada

TheMG

Premium Member

HD Voice?

I'll put that on my "don't care" list.

As long as I can understand the words the person at the other end is saying it's good enough.
bshelly
Premium Member
join:2002-02-17
Conover, NC

bshelly to ExoticFish

Premium Member

to ExoticFish

Re: Sprint's Problem Is

Perhaps you're not aware of Sprint's Network Vision project. They are going to be updating to 1X Advanced on their tower sites nationwide (via Network Vision) before they launch HD Voice. In areas where Network Vision launched, service has improved tremendously and 1X Advanced is simply a software upgrade away. Gone are T1's, replaced with Fiber, Microwave or AAV. There is plenty of information out there if you're interested in learning more.
TBBroadband
join:2012-10-26
Fremont, OH

TBBroadband

You do realize how far Network Vision is behind everyone else right?? And this isn't about network vision either. It's about how everything Sprint promises never turns out. Instead of them trying to be the "to have carrier" they need to realize they're just a bargain priced service and lower their rates instead of making comments that they're going to start increasing fees. Also many areas have had fiber and microwave for years.
TBBroadband

TBBroadband to TheMG

to TheMG

Re: HD Voice?

very true! Maybe this is where Dan will increase fees. He'll have a "HD Voice" service you can subscribe to.
sexcho
join:2009-08-14

sexcho

It's Sprint. Always expect less

This is pathetic. T-Mobile launched HD voice and has had no issues with it and they use a mix of Nokia-Siemens/Ericsson (and the Ericsson equipment T-Mobile is deploying is superior to what Sprint is deploying might I add). Sprint always disappoints.
sexcho

sexcho to bshelly

to bshelly

AT&T T-Mobile and Verizon did much of this stuff years ago which is why LTE upgrades for all of these carriers is a simple equipment swap (T-Mobile) or add-on (VZ/AT&T) in many areas. Network Vision is Sprint opening their eyes to how far behind they are on network upgrades. It takes days for T-Mobile to modernize their cell sites with new equipment

toby
Troy Mcclure
join:2001-11-13
Seattle, WA

toby to sexcho

to sexcho

Re: It's Sprint. Always expect less

Different technology.
T-Mobile has a service area of half the size of Sprint, most of it Edge outside cities. Different.

graycorgi
Premium Member
join:2004-02-23

graycorgi to sexcho

Premium Member

to sexcho

Yet T-Mobile still has next to nothing in LTE coverage compared to Sprint.
sexcho

sexcho to toby

to toby

Re: It's Sprint. Always expect less

GSM still runs HD voice. Your point is irrelevant. Besides that, Sprint's coverage area is no where near 1.5x the size of T-Mobile's, and after the MPCS acquisition integration completes they will have even more cell towers than Sprint CDMA has today, as they do now. Sprint's 3G is EDGE like in many areas, especially any large ones. What an embarrassment.
sexcho

sexcho to graycorgi

to graycorgi

Yet Sprint's 3G network runs at a snails pace and their LTE network coverage is growing at the same Sprint speeds of slow. Officially Launched LTE cities with 2 LTE towers or cities with a total of 5 cell towers and one new NV tower that makes it a LTE city. Laughable. T-Mobile's LTE market announcements are much further along than Sprint's.

inteller
Sociopaths always win.
join:2003-12-08
Tulsa, OK

inteller to bshelly

to bshelly
if you have to give fancy names to mundane and routine network infrastructure improvements, you are probably doing it wrong.

graycorgi
Premium Member

graycorgi to sexcho

Premium Member

to sexcho
Sprint's 3G network is being upgraded along with the rest of it. It's about on par with Verizon where I live after Sprint upgraded the tower. The LTE coverage is actually growing pretty quickly. They haven't even launched my market but all of the towers around me have 4G.

Look at the maps on Sensorly. T-Mobile is an absolute joke compared to Sprint.
bshelly
Premium Member
join:2002-02-17
Conover, NC

bshelly to inteller

Premium Member

to inteller
Thanks for your insightful contribution to this thread.
sexcho

sexcho to graycorgi

to graycorgi
I've had a look, besides the actual network quality reports... Sprint's 3G or 1X network depending on the time of day is a joke across the country, I here it works OK in all of the podunk towns that now have all of their 5 towers modernized but much of the US is still suffering with the Sprint 3G network or a hopelessly spotty 4G network and a horrible 3G fallback.

graycorgi
Premium Member

graycorgi

Premium Member

It sucks that AT&T and Verizon are so expensive. Sprint and T-Mobile are the only reasonably priced carriers of the big 4. Where Sprint is spotty, T-Mobile is nonexistent.