dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
view:
topics flat nest 
Comments on news posted 2013-07-03 08:03:34: • FCC set to greenlight Sprint’s deals with Clearwire and Softbank [geekwire.com] • German minister: Drop Google, Facebook if you fear US spying [phys. ..

FFH5
Premium Member
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ

FFH5

Premium Member

re:German minister:Drop Google, Facebook if fear US spying

Just more of the usual economic warfare that Germany and France have been waging against US internet giants. Anything to give a leg up to almost invisible EU competitors.

meeeeeeeeee
join:2003-07-13
Newburgh, NY

meeeeeeeeee

Just people outraged by the unsavory, immoral, unethical and illegal behavior of the Amerikan Government beginning to show their intolerance of a gang of criminal thugs and those that conspire with them.
Wilsdom
join:2009-08-06

Wilsdom

Except rulers are the same everywhere. Germany might not have a direct line into facebook and google, but I'm sure they have plenty of access to domestic companies, and German police hack into citizens' computers and install surveillance software, which is certainly not less invasive.

meeeeeeeeee
Newburgh, NY

meeeeeeeeee

said by Wilsdom:

Except rulers are the same everywhere. Germany might not have a direct line into facebook and google, but I'm sure they have plenty of access to domestic companies, and German police hack into citizens' computers and install surveillance software, which is certainly not less invasive.

I'm sure the jack booted thugs in Washington do NOT have a world wide monopoly on criminality, but we have to start somewhere. To me, this is a good start and I'm sure that secure alternatives to the current gang of corporate lackeys will begin to spring up. In the mean time, hitting them where it hurts them most, in their wallets, will do.
meeeeeeeeee

2 edits

meeeeeeeeee

An Alternative to Google Search

»duckduckgo.com .

Apparently there are people on the Web that still believe in people's rights to privacy. Who would have ever thought of such a thing...

I've been using it for a few days now with no major complaints. It's a little different so it will take some getting used to, a small price to pay for privacy. I just deleted google from my Opera browser. Google had a choice of following the ideals of our founding fathers or chasing after little portraits of them on pieces of paper. They chose the latter.

kickass69
join:2002-06-03
Lake Hopatcong, NJ

2 edits

kickass69

I tend to stick to these two below.

Startpage - »www.startpage.com

Startpage offers you Web search results from Google in complete privacy!

When you search with Startpage, we remove all identifying information from your query and submit it anonymously to Google ourselves. We get the results and return them to you in total privacy.

Your IP address is never recorded, your visit is not logged, and no tracking cookies are placed on your browser. When it comes to protecting your privacy, Startpage runs the tightest ship on the Internet. Our outstanding privacy policy and thoughtful engineering give you great search results in total anonymity. Here are some of our key features:

Free proxy surfing available.
Praised by privacy experts worldwide.
Fourteen-year company track record.
Third-party certified.

No IP address recorded.
No record is made of your searches.
No identifying or tracking cookies used.
Connection using powerful SSL encryption.

Ixquick - »www.ixquick.com

Its sister site Ixquick which uses many popular search engines simultaneously and anonymously. Combined, these engines cover more of the Internet than any one search engine alone.

meeeeeeeeee
Newburgh, NY

meeeeeeeeee

Thanks! That's great info. I'll be playing with all 3 and see who wins for me.