spacer

spacer

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc

spacer

how-to block ads

view:
topics flat nest 
Comments on news posted 2013-07-24 10:49:17: Technicians have been confirming to me for months that AT&T is currently testing a speed bump for their U-Verse service that should push the service's top speed to 45 Mbps. ..

page: 1 · 2

elios

join:2005-11-15
Springfield, MO

Upload

if they can offer 45 down and say 10 up for less then we pay for Mediacom as much as i hate AT&T i would jump ship

mob
On the next level..
Premium
join:2000-10-07

Re: Upload

It's ATT, so it will be 45 down, and 768k up...maybe even as high as 1Mbit.

elios

Springfield, MO

1Mbps up would choke on the ack packets of even a 20Mbps down connection

mob
On the next level..
Premium
join:2000-10-07
Reviews:
·SureWest Internet

said by elios:

1Mbps up would choke on the ack packets of even a 20Mbps down connection

OK, so they will go ahead and throttle it down to 512k... It's Ma Hell bro, they care very little about customer satisfaction.
silbaco
Premium
join:2009-08-03
USA

1 recommendation

A lot of companies offer 20/1 or 24/1 and they do not choke.

elios

Springfield, MO

yes they do it nearly fill the upstream to pull 20Mbps down

swintec
Premium,VIP
join:2003-12-19
Alfred, ME
kudos:5

not even close.
Chubbysumo

join:2009-12-01
Superior, WI
no, they don't. I have a 100mbps connection, and with a full 12.5MB/s download going, my upload is only around 15KB/s.

BlueArcher
Premium
join:2003-03-11
Nashville, TN
said by elios:

yes they do it nearly fill the upstream to pull 20Mbps down

Seriously? I have a 24 MB package, my upstream hits about 50-60KB/s at most when filling up the down.
--
user formerly known as 'bsc'

rolande
Certifiable
Premium,Mod
join:2002-05-24
Dallas, TX
kudos:6
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
·ViaTalk
Since they currently offer 24/3 service, why would they upgrade to 45/1 or 45/768? The profile being tested is 45/5 on a single pair. The higher tier service offerings will show up when they are ready to do pair bonding with the new NVG589 gateway later this year.
--
Scott, CCIE #14618 Routing & Switching
»rolande.wordpress.com/

cfm117

join:2004-02-13
Woodland Hills, CA

Full deployment as of 7/22/13. All new bonded services or conversions will be 589 from 7/22 forward. Existing repairs will continue to use standard unit until stock is depleted.

BlueArcher
Premium
join:2003-03-11
Nashville, TN
Hmm.. This is good info. I am moving to Nashville soon, and my place has Uverse available. Guys in ATT Direct told me the max I can provision at my address is 58/8 on bonded pair.

I just ordered comcast 50/10 instead
--
user formerly known as 'bsc'

Furrever Fur
Premium
join:2012-02-20
united state

Good luck with your order and cross your anatomy that you never have to call them.
innoman
-
Premium
join:2002-05-07
Dallas, TX
kudos:1
It would be a minimum of 3Mbps up, since that's what they have on the 24Mbps line. I definitely hope it will be 5 or more, but I am doubtful it will be over 5.
MURICA

join:2013-01-03
AT&T competes with Time Warner and Comcast in most of their markets...

Unless the upload speed is faster than 5 Mbps, this is an utterly useless 'upgrade.'

Time Warner offers 50/5 Mbps in their markets and Comcast even faster than this; so if this pathetic speed tier is 45/5 or 45/3 Mbps there is zero point in going with capped AT&T over uncapped Time Warner.

This speed tier will no doubt cost a fortune. They'll probably put it at $99.

AT&T's capped 24/3 Mbps speed tier is $75 a month - the same price that Time Warner's uncapped 50/5 Mbps speed tier is right now.

The only reason AT&T has any subscribers at all is just plain ignorance. They offer a slower service with bandwidth caps for higher prices than the competition.

I don't see how increasing speeds when uninformed people are the only ones subscribing is going to help. The kind of people who care about speeds, I.E. informed people, will be sticking with the competition.

David
I start new work on
Premium,VIP
join:2002-05-30
Granite City, IL
kudos:101
Reviews:
·DIRECTV
·AT&T Midwest
·magicjack.com
·Google Voice

said by MURICA:

The only reason AT&T has any subscribers at all is just plain ignorance.

I doubt that, I see as least one post a week or so and if they could leave cable they would. Some would leave on price, some (link below) would be just direct itself. Sometimes picking and choosing your battles does help.

Case in point-
»Review of Time Warner Cable by Derwood

mackey
Premium
join:2007-08-20
kudos:12
said by MURICA:

AT&T's capped 24/3 Mbps speed tier is $75 a month - the same price that Time Warner's uncapped 50/5 Mbps speed tier is right now.

$75 is just TWC's "new customer" promo price; after a year it goes up to $95/mo.

/M
gene32

join:2004-05-03
Reynoldsburg, OH

1 recommendation

Latency resolved?

I hear lots of people complaining about higher ping times with uverse. Will whatever technology they're using to achieve 45 Mbps lower ping times?
innoman
-
Premium
Dallas, TX

Re: Latency resolved?

Ping times used to be pretty high, but I don't see that anymore. They are pretty close to cable, at least for me.

UBustatt

@hey.net

U-Verse is 45Mbps is DOA

Fios = 500Mbps
LTE = 50 Mbps
Cable = 300 Mbps

U-Verse is 45Mbps is DOA

-G

Premium
join:2004-07-28
West Tenness

Re: U-Verse is 45Mbps is DOA

45 Mbps? How about they try getting something higher than 12 Mbps?
LTE4LIFE

join:2013-02-28

1 recommendation

try going faster than 768Kbps on their basic U-Verse packages for rural areas.

I had to argue with one of their CSRs about it being DSL repackaged and she kept telling me that U-Verse is an all fiber connection.

TamaraB
Question The Current Paradigm
Premium
join:2000-11-08
Da Bronx
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
·Clearwire Wireless

said by LTE4LIFE:

try going faster than 768Kbps on their basic U-Verse packages for rural areas.

I had to argue with one of their CSRs about it being DSL repackaged and she kept telling me that U-Verse is an all fiber connection.

That seems to be their ongoing lie:
"AT&T U-verse Is a Copper-Based PSTN Service: Lawmakers and the Media Were Duped.

--
"Remember, remember the fifth of November.
Gunpowder, Treason and Plot.
I see no reason why Gunpowder Treason
Should ever be forgot."

"People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people"

elios

Springfield, MO
you forgot Google with 1Gbps
yea FTTN was DoA when they first came out with it
Joe12345678

join:2003-07-22
Des Plaines, IL

1 recommendation

LTE = 50 Mbps
Cable = 300 Mbps

are both shared pre node / tower

also LTE caps make it a joke to compare it with cable or dsl

bbeesley
VIP
join:2003-08-07
Richardson, TX
kudos:5

said by Joe12345678:

LTE = 50 Mbps
Cable = 300 Mbps

are both shared pre node / tower

also LTE caps make it a joke to compare it with cable or dsl

So is FIOS. GPON is 2.488Gbps down and 1.244GBps shared among 32 customers.

Assuming 8 downstreams and 4 upstreams, Cable is 343Mbps down and 122Mbps up shared among ~80-120 customers depending on number of homes passed and customer penetration.

Admittedly a 300Mbps cable modem would place a much heavier burden on a serving group much faster than a 500Mbps GPON ONT does but it is unfair to negatively classify other technologies as "shared" and not admit the same of PON.
biochemistry
Premium
join:2003-05-09
I got LTE when it first went live in my area and the only LTE phone was a Thunderbolt. Never did I hit 50 Mbps. And even if I could I would prefer 45 Mbps on a wired connection.
elefante72

join:2010-12-03
East Amherst, NY

1 recommendation

"With our plant technology advancements, 90 percent of our U-verse customer locations will have the capability to receive what we project to be 75 Mbps.

If you read this carefully, look at the wording. It doesn't say customers it says customer "locations". So if 1 customer can get that speed in a DSLAM, than it counts. There is only so much you can do with untwisted, unshielded wire that can be 50 years old. C'mon go shoot the horse in the back of the barn.

We all know DSL is no walk in the park, and it's total bs that AT&T is going to go around running another 2-3 pairs to a person's house to get adequate signal. I was reading about some loop technology (the person's DSL modem becomes a repeater), well that may work but now you have a big loop. How is latency going to be then?

I was reading about G.fast however this really needs FTTC and refrigerators all over the place and really only works less than 200m and less than 5 nodes. At that point why the f**k even bother. Just run the fibre already.

Guspaz
Guspaz
Premium,MVM
join:2001-11-05
Montreal, QC
kudos:23

Bell Canada is already doing 50 meg VDSL2 to their customers, with 75 on the horizon (for users on remotes that support profile 17a), and is now deploying line bonding to extend those speeds to customers who would otherwise be too far from the remote to get them...

Not ideal, but since Bell is simultaneously rolling out FTTH, their FTTN deployments keep them competitive until FTTH arrives in those areas.
--
Latest version of CapSavvy systray usage checker: »CapSavvy v4.2 released!

join:2007-09-06
Etobicoke, ON

said by Guspaz:

Bell Canada is already doing 50 meg VDSL2 to their customers, with 75 on the horizon (for users on remotes that support profile 17a), and is now deploying line bonding to extend those speeds to customers who would otherwise be too far from the remote to get them...

Not ideal, but since Bell is simultaneously rolling out FTTH, their FTTN deployments keep them competitive until FTTH arrives in those areas.

They will be rolling out faster speeds on DSL too. The vast majority of customers won't see FTTH anytime or anytime soon.
brad152

join:2006-07-27
Phoenix, AZ
Reviews:
·CenturyLink

I already have 40/5 from CenturyLink (really at 40/3 currently because of a line problem in my building i'm fighting with the condo assn to fix) - My neighbor is able to do 40/20. This 45/5 is nothing amazing, especially if they're doing bonded pairs.

VDSL2 can easily do 50/20 over a "decent" line and 50/5 over a so-so line - all on a single pair. AT&T is just being cheap and using older plain VDSL1. They need to go with VDSL2 if they ever plan on actually competing.
markf

join:2008-01-24
Burlington, ON
Reviews:
·WIND Mobile
·ELECTRONICBOX
·Execulink Telecom
I guess us Canadians don't have it as bad as we might gripe about when it comes to "regular" internet.

Certainly in Bell territory, it's 50/10 max on DSL, with 75 Mbps + on the horizon.

I have 25/7 at home (10 up is too unstable) and 25/10 at a rental I own. The rental's line stats are fabulous and from what I remember from a few months back, 70+ Mbps will easily attained on that line.

While DSL may have its limits, based on Bell Canada's deployment, I think it's still got a decent enough life span to it. They are actively working on their network, trying to spread IPTV and provide good speeds. They may not have the speeds that cable does, but at least in Canada you can get an unlimited 25/10 or 50/10 connection for what I would consider a reasonable price.

We don't have the blow them out of the water speeds available with some US packages, but we also have a much, much better DSL situation that appears to be the case in AT&T territories.

GlennAllen
Sunny with highs in the 80s
Premium
join:2002-11-17
Richmond, VA
Yeah, if only I could find something that I needed or wanted Internet access for that I could do at 10mbps or less... oh, wait--that would be just about everything!

•••••••••••••

Etobicoke, ON
said by UBustatt :

Fios = 500Mbps
LTE = 50 Mbps
Cable = 300 Mbps

U-Verse is 45Mbps is DOA

-G

Including FiOS, Cable and U-Verse along with LTE is a joke.
Trollhawk

join:2005-05-28
It might not compete on absolute top speeds, but that doesn't mean it's DOA. Only a small percentage of customers even subscribe to those top speeds if they can even get it. Price will be more of a factor. And I don't mean price per Mbps, but simply absolute price. I have a newer home with FTTP U-verse, but I only subscribe to the 12Mbps service instead of the highest offered 24Mbps service because 12Mbps is currently good enough for my needs and I don't feel the bump to 24Mbps is worth the bump in price. The fiber to my house will be able handle any speed upgrades AT&T throw at it, but I won't upgrade unless the price is reasonable.
openbox9
Premium
join:2004-01-26
Germany
kudos:2
How dare AT&T improve its 18/3 Mbps service offering

trparky
Apple... YUM
Premium,MVM
join:2000-05-24
Cleveland, OH
The vast majority of people out there don't need those kinds of speeds!

If you ask any of the major ISPs what their subscriber rate for the higher speed tiers are you'll more than likely find that very few people subscribe to anything higher then 15 Mbps. Only the people who are geeks, want to brag about how fast their Internet connection is, have money to burn, or actually have a need for those speeds subscribe to speed tiers higher than 15 Mbps.

People, we are in the very tiny minority here. The average Joe Shmoe does not care if their download from Steam will take ten minutes more, they'll just go outside and water or cut the grass while the download is being done.

I have uVerse right now with 24 Mbps down. Would I like 30 Mbps or even as high as 45 Mbps? Yes. But do I need it? Not really. If I can get the 45 Mbps tier at a decent price then I may go for it but only if I can get it at a decent price.
--
Tom
Tom's Tech Blog

••••••

RazrElite

@caribsurf.com

One of the reasons I moved... was to get away from Uverse

Seriously AT&T. 45Mbps? In 2013. Thats laughable at best. I struggled on AT&T top 24mbps tier for 2 years while watching all the cable ISPs up their speeds well beyond what Uverse was capable of. Verizon announces a 500mbps plan and AT&T announce a 45mbps plan coming soon which is more than TEN times SLOWER. Who are they even competing with? I guess these speeds look great compared to DSL maybe, except DSL is generally much more widely available and is about two decades old.

As though the speeds aren't bad enough, the service suffers from higher ping than most other internet connections. Just a horrible service all around.

djrobx
Premium
join:2000-05-31
Valencia, CA
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
·VOIPO

1 recommendation

Re: One of the reasons I moved... was to get away from Uverse

said by RazrElite :

Seriously AT&T. 45Mbps? In 2013. Thats laughable at best. I struggled on AT&T top 24mbps tier for 2 years while watching all the cable ISPs up their speeds well beyond what Uverse was capable of. Verizon announces a 500mbps plan and AT&T announce a 45mbps plan coming soon which is more than TEN times SLOWER. Who are they even competing with? I guess these speeds look great compared to DSL maybe, except DSL is generally much more widely available and is about two decades old.

As though the speeds aren't bad enough, the service suffers from higher ping than most other internet connections. Just a horrible service all around.

There's no point in comparing it to Verizon. AT&T U-verse and Verizon FiOS don't compete.

You can, however, compare it to Time Warner. Their top speed is 50/5. At least this would put them in the ballpark.

If it's priced well, it can even be competitively relevant. TWC charges me over $100/month for 50/5 service. TWC might have to lower their price if AT&T gets aggressive with their 45mbps service.
--
AT&T U-Hearse - RIP Unlimited Internet 1995-2011
Rethink Billable.
innoman
-
Premium
Dallas, TX
Reviews:
·VoicePulse

Re: One of the reasons I moved... was to get away from Uverse

TWC's top speed is now 75/5 (technically 100/??--not sure what the upload is on 100Mbps tier). The 50/5 service is 74.99, you need to call if you're paying over 100. The 75 is usually around 99, though they sometimes have deals, and is only available in select markets (possibly only in Dallas). TWC also has a 100Mbps tier in Kansas City.

trparky
Apple... YUM
Premium,MVM
Cleveland, OH

1 edit

1 recommendation

Seriously overkill...

So existing 24 Mbps Tier customers will get an upgrade to 30 Mbps. That's cool. Although I'd like more like 45 Mbps but that depends upon price.

That would put AT&T on par with Time Warner in my area.

IMHO, all of this talk about Internet speeds of 100 Mbps or more and with Verizon talking about 500 Mbps and Comcast talking about 300 Mbps is a bunch of nonsense. For the vast majority of people (95%), that's seriously overkill. There's really no need for anything above 100 Mbps. Most commercial software download sites can't fill that even a 24 Mbps pipe without multi-threaded downloading in which you make multiple connections to the same download site.

For instance, I was downloading PowerDVD from the Cyberlink product web site and I was barely downloading at 600 KB/s but when I kicked in the multi-threaded downloading I shot up to 2.4 MB/s. What does this mean? It means that most server admins are artificially limiting you to a specific amount of speed per connection. Yes, you can initilize a second or more connection to get more download speed in the form of multi-threaded downloading but soon server admins are going to catch onto that and start limiting the amount of connections from a single IP and some of them have already done that.

The last mile is finally catching up with what people actually need. Internal Internet bandwidth is something else. There are multiple choke points across the US in which there's just not enough Internet backbone bandwidth to handle the high demands we are putting on it.

Granted, I know that Steam can fill that pipe up easily with how many servers they around the nation but how much Steam stuff can you download?
--
Tom
Tom's Tech Blog

•••••••••••••••••••
ISurfTooMuch

join:2007-04-23
Tuscaloosa, AL

They ought to do something better right now

A month or so ago, I was having some connectivity issues with U-verse, so the tech ripped out all my coax and replaced it with Cat5. Once he did that, my total capacity went from 32Mbs with lots of errors to 48Mbs with no errors. He mentioned that he's seen folks very close to the VRAD do even better, although I can't recall the numbers he quoted. His thought was that AT&T could ramp up the speed somewhat right now, without using a second line, if they wanted to, but, for whatever reason, they haven't. Now, I know that, even with 32 Mbs, you're only getting 24 because you have to leave room for TV, but, with 48, you'd have a little more wiggle room in terms of offering something better. Or you could offer more HD streams.

Or what about being able to allocate data dynamically between TV and Internet? Does AT&T's setup allow for higher data throughput if you aren't pulling TV data at the time? Of course, I'm sure they wouldn't want to do that, since it would confuse some people, plus it'd show them that the TV signal they get is all just a bunch of bits, so they might then start to think that they could get their TV service somewhere else...Aereo...cough, cough.
brianiscool

join:2000-08-16
Tampa, FL

lol

They will probably charge $75 for 45Mbps.
UverseTech

join:2012-08-04

2 recommendations

Pair Bond?

The techs cannot get iNIDs installed without great difficulty in most cases, and I mean most. This is just a giant smokescreen, they will never get even a small majority of the current subscribers on this so called upgrade. Only the good, stable plant will qualify, read stable. Whats in all major cities currently is old, the new stuff is in the burbs, and not to mention all of the old MDUs.

Like I said in the past, cable will be at docsis 4 and google will be in most big cities well before this copper nonsense is completed.

trparky
Apple... YUM
Premium,MVM
Cleveland, OH

Re: Pair Bond?

Apparently the new NVG589 is far easier to setup when it comes to pair bonding. Or so I've heard from from some of the installation technicians that roam these forums.
--
Tom
Tom's Tech Blog
tkdslr

join:2004-04-24
Pompano Beach, FL
Reviews:
·T-Mobile US
·Speakeasy

1 recommendation

Not impressed..

At&t can't even deliver 768Kb to my house... (phone line used to support 2.2Mb/sec down)..

But that all went away when At&t deployed pair bonded Uverse in my neighbor hood.
Next, Fext crosstalk was a killer during peak TV/internet usage times..weekday morning 7-9am, evenings 4-11pm, and weekends. (modem trained down 256Kb and still didn't work.)

Interesting that at&t deployed pair bonded Uverse for my neighbor one house down and across the street. Same cable, I have one extra pole, an extra 300ft of copper which disqualifies me from Uverse service.

So pox on your house At&t..

caseywor

join:2004-04-19
Orlando, FL
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
·Charter
·Mediacom

Can't let this go

How is this for unbiased?:

"Many AT&T users struggle to see 3 Mbps, so suggesting that 80-90% of U-Verse customers will qualify for these speeds is very unlikely. "

So, it is being implied that since "Many AT&T users struggle to see 3 Mbps" Uverse users would have trouble with said speeds. The problem with that kind of statement is that the users struggling to see 3Mbps speeds are on AT&T's DSL network and not Uverse. DSL users are connected to and are provisioned on DSLAMS that may be up to 15,000 ft. or so from the user's premises using older ADSL technology, whereas people who are Uverse users are provisioned on VRADS that are a much shorter distance from their premises using VDSL technology. This is a logical fallacy pure and simple, being used to put a negative spin on a technology that the writer doesn't like because AT&T chooses to use last mile copper. It is misleading to say that the speed limitations on DSL users would affect Uverse users, they are both subsets of AT&T users very much independent from one another.

•••••••••••
raIDERspeed

join:2002-07-26
Soledad, CA

80 percent of the IP DSLAM

I live down the street from a vrad and I cant get no more the faster then 6!

mmay149q
Premium
join:2009-03-05
Dallas, TX
kudos:48

Oh lookie!

We can just apply ISDN technology to modern day broadband and make it work!! Haha, silly AT&T, better get those techs out to start twisting those pairs even more, instead using your techs to future proof your product and supply fiber.........

-Matt
AN EX AT&T U-VERSE TIER II TECHNICIAN.
Anyone see why now? XD
--
Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. -Albert Einstein
MrBungle87

join:2013-01-18
Durham, NC
Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..
·Time Warner Cable

Re: Oh lookie!

AT&T's network is probably comprised of chicken wire and gum, honestly. The sad part is things like vectoring are finally allowing DSL (as VDSL2) to ramp up in terms of speed, but ISPs here have basically abandoned their copper networks and refuse to rehab decaying lines and upgrade node hardware.

mmay149q
Premium
join:2009-03-05
Dallas, TX
kudos:48

Re: Oh lookie!

Yeah, to be honest, I really wish that with 802.11AC 1.75Gbps and DD-WRT people would just abandon ISP's all together and start creating their own mesh of WiFi bridging + Repeater Bridging, some antennas with amplifiers say that the signal can be broadcasted up to 1.5 miles away I know in reality that's not always the case, but if you could get one at least to broadcast omni-directional up to 1 mile away, and then in each direction drop another tower to broadcast omni-directional it could work.

To avoid regulations with the city you just pop the towers in the people's back yards that will bridge/re-broadcast the signal (As long as there's no regulations against towers in the city/HOA's to cause problems) and then run a 1 - 10Gbps pipe to the main source tower directly from a CDN or etc. For small rural areas or towns that have 50,000 or less population this could be ideal, sure you may need to upgrade the pipe here or there, but we could then stop having all our metadata sold by the bucket, and if the main source is constantly connected to a VPN (since you're creating a Wide Area Network) your encrypted to the source anyway.

Either way, if we as people don't start taking some matters into our own hands, and just keep sitting around whining about our ISP's, then nothing is ever going to get done that will satisfy us. We need to stop relying on government officials, and Companies/corporations, and start relying on ourselves......

-Matt
--
Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. -Albert Einstein
BiggA

join:2005-11-23
EARTH

They just keep digging...

...themselves into a deeper hole as they not only get farther behind the cablecos, but also have a more and more difficult and expensive to maintain physical plant. They should have done what Verizon did, with FIOS, and thinned the copper way out to just the bare minimum needed.
tmc8080

Brooklyn, NY
Reviews:
·ooma
·Optimum Online
·Verizon FiOS

more millions wasted?

how many more millions is AT&T going to dump into FTTN/VDSL before the feds make them deploy FTTP or kill their incumbency once and for all time?? there are MILLIONS of customers waiting for some other company to do better!!

hasn't ANYBODY at at&t gotten the message by NOW???

•••

Auversetech

@sbcglobal.net

45 d 6 up

The new service will be up to the speeds in my subject. This mean the min acceptable speed will be 40 megs. It is a bonded pair set up with a max distance of 2200 feet from the vrad( fiber). The cost will be $93 /month. The rg is a newer model at the moment I can't remember the model number. This new rg makes it possible to install in apartments and will take place of the inid setup. This rg also could be used for single pair set ups but will not be used that way right now due to stock limitations.
tmc8080

Brooklyn, NY
Reviews:
·ooma
·Optimum Online
·Verizon FiOS

Re: 45 d 6 up

Just to give you some perspective, 2200 feet can be as small as a row of 10 houses. then they have to build the next vrad.. Maybe not the VERY next house is screwed, but certainly house 20, 25, 30 are.. Why the hell doesn't AT&T get that this is stupid. Copper pairs are distance limited.
silbaco
Premium
join:2009-08-03
USA

Re: 45 d 6 up

Because people keep subscribing. And increasing at a pretty decent rate.

Jim Kirk
Premium
join:2005-12-09

FTTP

The house I'm building is in a U-Verse FTTP development. Makes me laugh that both cable companies serving the area (TWC & WOW) will still provide me with higher speeds than AT&T will over FTTP.

ballz

@rr.com

LOL

That's great... so AT&T is "working on" 45-100mbps, while cable cos and Google are already delivering that and "working on" 300-1000mbps

Etobicoke, ON

Re: LOL

said by ballz :

That's great... so AT&T is "working on" 45-100mbps, while cable cos and Google are already delivering that and "working on" 300-1000mbps

Google is, cable cos are not.

ballz

@rr.com

Re: LOL

said by 34764170:

said by ballz :

Google is, cable cos are not.

They sure are. 24-channel bonding would equal 1Gbps down
»www.convergedigest.com/2013/01/b···nel.html

VegasMan
Are We There Yet?
Premium
join:2002-11-17
Schaumburg, IL

ATT offers 45Mbps...

If you are 12ft from a VRAD and the weather is perfect.
--
In need of a Vegas vacation.
brianiscool

join:2000-08-16
Tampa, FL

45Mbps

I had 45Mbps two years ago Kind of slow AT&T ? Why does it say
at my address I can get U-verse, but then when I order it says
I can't get it.

cokesat
Premium