dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
view:
topics flat nest 
Comments on news posted 2013-08-01 18:04:55: So perhaps there really is something to AT&T's repeated insistence of late that they really are starting to suck less. ..

FFH5
Premium Member
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ

FFH5

Premium Member

J D Power also released the prepaid customer sat info too

JD Power also put out some info on he prepaid market too. TracFone, the monster of prepaid sales doesn't rate very well with their customers.

Prepaid standings

EliteData
EliteData
Premium Member
join:2003-07-06
Philippines

EliteData

Premium Member

so...

"AT&T recently nabbed plenty of kudos after several tests found the company currently has the fastest LTE network available"
With the expensive data overages, they're hoping you'll forget about that while you're busy mesmerizing yourself with the fast speeds.
tcope
Premium Member
join:2003-05-07
Sandy, UT

tcope

Premium Member

Scam

Does anyone really think JD Power result mean anything at all? It's all rigged. Companies buy the "results".

Ask the right "question" and you will ultimatly get the right "answer".

For this one ranking Power will release 20 more that the other companies can buy.

skeechan
Ai Otsukaholic
Premium Member
join:2012-01-26
AA169|170

skeechan

Premium Member

To broad of a brush

Service quality varies by market. AT&T certainly isn't the fastest in my area of SoCal. My Sprint service easily bests my AT&T service. Even my WiMax service is faster than AT&T here. AT&T's LTE isn't much faster than their 3G is. Customer service and billing accuracy is also no comparison. I never have billing errors with Sprint but did with AT&T. On no planet is AT&T better than VZW in this neck of the woods.

These national rankings are worthless for assessing local performance or customer satisfaction.
skeechan

1 recommendation

skeechan to EliteData

Premium Member

to EliteData

Re: so...

It is fast so long as you can't use it.

EliteData
EliteData
Premium Member
join:2003-07-06
Philippines

1 recommendation

EliteData

Premium Member

said by skeechan:

It is fast so long as you can't use it.

thats why its fast... no one is using it, everyone is afraid to use it for fear of gobbling up their data limit and incurring expensive overages.

ilikeme
Premium Member
join:2002-08-27
Stafford, TX

ilikeme to skeechan

Premium Member

to skeechan

Re: To broad of a brush

Around here it is the complete opposite. Sprint LTE and Wimax are horrid. Its slow and coverage in general sucks. AT&T works pretty much everywhere and the data speeds are great. We have never had any billing issues with At&t, but did when we tried Sprint. Verizon is also great, but has slightly weaker coverage than At&t. T-Mobile is between Verizon and Sprint.

graycorgi
Premium Member
join:2004-02-23

1 edit

graycorgi

Premium Member

b

replied to wrong topic, pls delete.

alg
Passionately apathetic
Premium Member
join:2001-04-10
Houston, TX

alg to ilikeme

Premium Member

to ilikeme

Re: To broad of a brush

I'm also very pleased with AT&T in the Houston area and tend to get better service than my friends on Verizon.
Merlin37
join:2012-06-08
Dallas, TX

Merlin37

Shocking

Karl continues to write negative hit pieces against AT&T even when the rest of the media is starting to notice that the extensive network build out and focus on customer service is starting to pay dividends. I can't wait to see how he spins the reports later this month when the ACSI results are announced and show AT&T as greatly improved.

Even Verizon realizes that the tides have turned on speed, reliability and now you can throw customer service on the list.

IneedPizza
@bellsouth.net

IneedPizza

Anon

Never had an issue

I've never had an issue with att's wireless service, from a coverage or customer service standpoint. I travel around the country quite a bit, and I've only ever lost service once or twice while I was driving through the mountains. I keep seeing people here scream how bad they suck, but I've never had seen it for myself.