Tell me more x
, there is a new speed test available. Give it a try, leave feedback!
dslreports logo
spacer
spacer

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc

spacer

view:
topics flat nest 
Comments on news posted 2013-08-19 18:20:23: Verizon's already benefiting hugely from Time Warner Cable's decision to block CBS content, industry insiders last week stating that Verizon's seeing a 5-15% subscriber uptake bump in impacted areas. ..

AuAuA

@yu.edu

yeah cbs

I can't get fios in upper Manhattan. . To bad Verizon. .

etaadmin

join:2002-01-17
Dallas, TX
kudos:1

Not missing anything

quote:
The fight between Time Warner Cable and CBS is entering its third week after Time Warner Cable shut off access to CBS content on August 2.

and I have not missed anything.

Maybe TWC should offer discounts if subs switch from verizon to t-mobile?

whoyourdaddy

join:2013-02-20
Honey Brook, PA

TWC

cbs will crush you

batterup
I Can Not Tell A Lie.
Premium
join:2003-02-06
Netcong, NJ

FiOS hope.

So Verizon has not totally given up on FiOS; I guess they can't with $23 billion invested.

ITALIAN926

join:2003-08-16
kudos:2
And the FiOS commercials that air every 30 seconds of every minute isnt enough to prove they havnt "given up" ?

tmc8080

join:2004-04-24
Brooklyn, NY
There's a difference between given up on selling vs given up on competing.

ITALIAN926

Umm not really. If FioS prices were raised twice as high, they would sell FEW, wouldnt they?

anon loser

@comcast.net

The game is the same, just the players change

Then next year Verizon will be in a contract feud with CBS. Lather, rinse, repeat.

sludgehound

join:2007-03-12
New York, NY

No go on far west side Midtown Man'h

Don't know where all those big VZ fiber rolls went to but nothing yet in smaller brownstones, probably just the big new towers. Smalls lined with DISH and TWC still. Getting old missing CBS and its .com
Set up digital rabbit ears and surprised how strong & clear signals are. Cut cord while back but was getting the basic feed until bought own modem and they ended that little freebie. No loss, at least I get CBS for free. Screw TWC and its policies. Broadband only deal now.
Bang out a bottom barrel price for Standard.

batterup
I Can Not Tell A Lie.
Premium
Netcong, NJ
reply to batterup

Re: FiOS hope.

Whoever Verizon sold the great unwashed to did not want to compete with CATV. Those who could get fiber to the premise were charged $500 if they wanted TV.

Verizon will hustle and or force FiOS in the areas it is deployed but I don't see them buying the mayor a swimming pool to get any new franchise. Even in NJ with a state wide CATV franchise FiOS is where it is and that is it.

tmc8080

join:2004-04-24
Brooklyn, NY
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
·ooma
·Verizon FiOS
reply to ITALIAN926
Consider Verizon's 2 year offer: 1 year at $35, $45, $55.. then year two at $20 more.. that's horrible considering that you could switch or run the retention gauntlet to see if they can do better in a year. Certainly worth more than paying $180 more for internet over year two. Maybe not twice the price, but competing? I leave you to draw your own conclusions.

ITALIAN926

and what exactly are you basing this on " horrible"? As opposed to WHAT? Google Fiber?

batterup
I Can Not Tell A Lie.
Premium
Netcong, NJ
reply to batterup
The way things are shaping up with my loop can beat-up your loop FiOS is the undisputed broadband champion of the world; ask a geek. Pure QAM for the TV people; sad "Ma Bell" is dead, well he retired, no glass for you.