spacer

spacer

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc

spacer

how-to block ads

view:
topics flat nest 
Comments on news posted 2013-08-19 19:12:08: • New report outlines how network technology must increase efficiency to meet rising energy demands [phys.org] • Connecting Cape Town: Inside South Africa's TV white spaces experiment [engadget. ..

FFH
Premium
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ
kudos:5

RE:Why online and mobile ads are ripe for hacking

Sounds like another good reason to run ad blocking software.

tshirt
Premium,MVM
join:2004-07-11
Snohomish, WA
kudos:5
Reviews:
·Comcast

Always a good idea to understand what does, or COULD run on your system...
And then there is this idiot
»www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/f···ked.html

Kearnstd
Space Elf
Premium
join:2002-01-22
Mullica Hill, NJ
kudos:1

1 recommendation

reply to FFH

That is just it, I see people trumpet "Adblocking only causes pay walls and its stealing from website operators and app developers" Yet they seem to ignore the fact ads are likely the #1 entry point for malware. I bet if Windows blocked ads by default the infection rate of PCs running Windows would plummet.
--
[65 Arcanist]Filan(High Elf) Zone: Broadband Reports

Premium
join:2004-07-28
West Tenness

said by Kearnstd:

That is just it, I see people trumpet "Adblocking only causes pay walls and its stealing from website operators and app developers" Yet they seem to ignore the fact ads are likely the #1 entry point for malware. I bet if Windows blocked ads by default the infection rate of PCs running Windows would plummet.

So basically people should work hard to provide you with free content without an expectation of making any money? Now if I was website owner to app developer why would I do that? Where is the incentive? Would you still go to your job everyday if your boss insisted you work for free? I doubt it. I don't care how much you love your job.

cableties
Premium
join:2005-01-27

McAfee CTO???

LOL!
Homeland Security is going to be so under-protected. And I wonder how hard it is to remove the CTO???

--
Splat