spacer

spacer

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc

spacer

how-to block ads

view:
topics flat nest 
Comments on news posted 2013-08-25 09:26:39: The weekend has mercifully arrived. Put something immensely and indisputably interesting into the comment section below. ..

page: 1 · 2 · next

CaptainRR
Premium
join:2006-04-21
Blue Rock, OH

Drenched

Another 3 inches of rain today and pretty much spoils this weekends work. Well more time for beer! Have a nice weekend all.

chip89

join:2012-07-05
Independence, OH

Looking

I'm having no luck looking for something I want even on eBay.

KrK
Heavy Artillery For The Little Guy
Premium
join:2000-01-17
Tulsa, OK

What is it

hurleyp

join:2000-06-20
Ottawa, ON

Debricking

Trying to debrick my Linksys router. No luck so far...
--
"I reject your reality and substitute my own."

chip89

Independence, OH

Ouch that hurts a lot when your just left with a plastic brick!

chip89

Independence, OH
reply to KrK

Re: Looking

One of these. »Puffypaws

FFH
Premium
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ
kudos:5

MS gets a break - Ballmer finally leaving

»apnews.myway.com//article/201308···FG1.html

Maybe MS can finally get in to the internet age and stop living and dying on the old Wintel platform.

The news of his leaving drove the MSFT stock price up over 7% today.
--
"If you want to anger a conservative lie to him.
If you want to anger a liberal tell him the truth."

backfeed
is giving feedback

join:2002-12-16
Peru, IN
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to hurleyp

Re: Debricking

said by hurleyp:

Bummer, been there, I just got another WRT54GL so I have a backup to run Tomato firmware on. Hope I do not Brick it!!

I assume you have held the rest button in for a good long time, and tried all the normal IP addresses to get connected.... Good luck with it...
--
There are 10 types of people. Those who can read Binary and those who cannot.

tshirt
Premium,MVM
join:2004-07-11
Snohomish, WA
kudos:4
reply to chip89

said by chip89:

Ouch that hurts a lot when your just left with a plastic brick!

we call that LEGO

Sukunai
Premium
join:2008-05-07
kudos:1
Reviews:
·ELECTRONICBOX
·TekSavvy DSL

1 recommendation

Tired of everyone saying all but what needs to be said ...

About Chelsea.

Come on, I am TG myself, so it is not like I am just an uninterested unsympathetic person not caring about 'her' needs.

I have seen a lot of comments recently (thanks to the wonders of the internet) ranging from people wanting to all but fall over themselves wanting to support her, to of course mean comments remarking 'oh she will get to be a woman in jail in all likelihood'.

But the person is a convict, convicted of a crime that in the past ended with a firing squad. Chelsea is looking at maybe a 35 year sentence, when maybe she should be looking at that bright white light some claim awaits the dead.

I have not followed the case much, as I avoid the news as much as possible. But it is all over everywhere I go online. Can't hide from it basically.

And my take on it is this, why should a convict have more reason to expect being able to get the operation that all TG people have to contemplate, and be able to get it without all the stress and grief and hassle that awaits all of those of us not behind bars.

I know this much, my life likely will never be able to afford it. It will weigh on me like a heavy chain. Meanwhile Chelsea well other than the pleasure of 35 years in prison in an environment likely to be more a form of forced solitary confinement due to the fact many inmates might look unfavourably on leaving her alone, will at least not need to worry about affording that one thing I likely will never have any reason to expect to show up, regardless of how long I wait.

I can only say this, Chelsea, I don't much really care if they call you by female forms of address or not. I don't really much care if convicts get treated 'nicely' at all in prison. If it was up to me, I'd let you sit in jail the whole time, and about the only thing you would get for free, is female forms of address. I'd let you sit in jail in a skirt if you desperately needed it. I don't think I'd give her anything else though. I'd tell her she could always transition when she is released if she still wanted to.

tshirt
Premium,MVM
join:2004-07-11
Snohomish, WA
kudos:4
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to FFH

Re: MS gets a break - Ballmer finally leaving

Yup saw the this morning and thought FINALLY!

said by FFH:

The news of his leaving drove the MSFT stock price up over 7% today.

He made over a billion $ by quitting, he should do it more often
Ballmer = great salesman, good manager, mediocre CEO.
without gates and ozzie there to push some future vision the company struggled.
Hopefully the next CEO rather than looking at they used to do well, can look forward to figure out what they NEED to do well next year, next decade, next century, and inspire the employees to do it.

ARGONAUT
Have a nice day.
Premium
join:2006-01-24
New Albany, IN

Sinkhole

»www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRhesBaRCME

The state of Louisiana earlier this month said it is suing Texas Brine LLC for the environmental damage and massive sinkhole that officials say was caused by the collapse of a salt dome cavern operated by the company.
--

If you're going through hell, keep going. - Winston Churchill

kem09030

join:2004-11-29
Rushville, IL

Tripp Lite

They seem to be pretty good about surge claims. I have the forms filled out and ready to be shipped on Monday. Had a surge go through an Isobar8Ultra. I guess as the process proceeds I will find out how good they are about it.

Talked with the power company, the surge originated at the power plant. Had to be a breaker or some other equipment trip as there were no storms within a few hundred miles. Only the iMac was fried; the Gateway computers made it through fine. I guess apple computers are a bit more sensitive.

meeeeeeeeee

join:2003-07-13
Newburgh, NY
reply to Sukunai

Re: Tired of everyone saying all but what needs to be said ...

I cannot possibly understand this dilemma in ones life (If that's even the proper thing to call it) because I have never been there. I'll admit, it's odd to me, again because I cannot understand it... but unlike others, I can't throw stones at what I don't understand. I cannot imagine not being comfortable in ones own skin, in ones own being, and as long as it does no harm to others... if there is a way to "fix" that... I would have to fully support it, for everyone. It saddens me that someone should be so desperate as to commit serious crimes in order to be incarcerated long and hard and deep enough to get the help they so desperately seek, because they feel, THAT is the only way.
--
"when the people have suffered many abuses under the control of a totalitarian leader, they not only have the right but the duty to overthrow that government." - The U.S. Declaration of Independence

YukonHawk

join:2001-01-07
Patterson, NY
reply to ARGONAUT

Re: Sinkhole

Holy Tablet Salt Batman!!!!

Kearnstd
Elf Wizard
Premium
join:2002-01-22
Mullica Hill, NJ
reply to tshirt

Re: MS gets a break - Ballmer finally leaving

I have heard many fear this is the future for Apple too since Jobs was their vision driver.

But it also does not help that they did not assault mobile harder, Due to every single major corporation using MS they had seriously good starting point to completely crush RIM and Blackberry and integrate winphones into a corporate ecosystem.

jap
Premium
join:2003-08-10
038xx
reply to ARGONAUT

Yowza! Dramatic stuff.

spewak
R.I.P Dadkins
Premium
join:2001-08-07
Elk Grove, CA

Front page of this site

I don't like the reviews at the top of the page. Who's with me?

FFH
Premium
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ
kudos:5

said by spewak:

I don't like the reviews at the top of the page. Who's with me?

Never see them. Just select "NEWS" on the bar running across the top of the page.
--
"If you want to anger a conservative lie to him.
If you want to anger a liberal tell him the truth."

hurleyp

join:2000-06-20
Ottawa, ON
Reviews:
·Rogers Hi-Speed
reply to backfeed

Oh my, yes. I did all the reset button pressing acrobatics, spun the IP address wheel of fortune, cracked open the case for a RS232 connection attempt, and prayed a silent prayer to the patron saint of micro-electronics lost causes. Still nothing more than a continuously blinking power light mocking me. There are a few more things I can try, but this WRT610N seems to want to retire from active duty.
--
"I reject your reality and substitute my own."

JackBauer

join:2006-08-24
Schenectady, NY
reply to YukonHawk

It's like the devil wanted them trees

IowaCowboy
Want to go back to Iowa
Premium
join:2010-10-16
Springfield, MA
Reviews:
·Verizon Broadban..
·Comcast

I put one of these in

workablob

join:2004-06-09
Houston, TX
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Comcast

1 recommendation

reply to ARGONAUT

Here is the grand daddy of all salt dome incidents. I had to learn everything about this one so I even traveled there.

»www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddlrGkeOzsI

Blob
--
I may have been born yesterday. But it wasn't at night.

YukonHawk

Patterson, NY
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to hurleyp

said by hurleyp:

Try throwing it against the wall!!

YukonHawk

Patterson, NY
reply to IowaCowboy

Re: I put one of these in

Those are pretty cool. We have a make shift charging station and this would fit the bill just right and clean things up a bit!

meeeeeeeeee

join:2003-07-13
Newburgh, NY

So Easy...

Even a High School Drop Out could get around it:

»www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/08/2···491.html

So much for Keith Alexander's claim of security at NSA.

cabana
Department of Adjustments
Premium,Mod
join:2000-07-07
New York, NY

A mouse, A laser beam ... and a manipulated memory ...

Imagine the implications of being able to manipulate someone's memory ... seems this is not so far fetched anymore!

»www.ted.com/talks/steve_ramirez_···ory.html
--
doing the right amount of wrong

Furrever Fur

join:2012-02-20
united state
Reviews:
·Comcast
·Vonage

Bad info AND a $2700 fee !!

New business ethics: make a mistake AND charge the customer, lol.

»consumerist.com/2013/08/22/comca···700-fee/

michieru
Premium
join:2009-07-25
Miami, FL
reply to tshirt

my EGGO.

chgo_man99

join:2010-01-01
San Jose, CA
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
·Mediacom

In todays times -local address and ph nr necessary?

For out of state job search? Cell phone numbers move with you. Local addresses do not but phone interviews are common nowdays and some use skype/facetime. If you are not working, you can start in 1-2 weeks just like local employed. You can even fly on your own dime with 3 day notice for in person interview if you want to. So my question why most employers are hesitant to give equal chance to non locals as they do to local candidates?