spacer

spacer

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc

spacer

how-to block ads

view:
topics flat nest 
Comments on news posted 2013-09-09 08:14:31: A report in Der Spiegel claims that the NSA has the ability to "tap" most Apple and Android devices, and access the secure and encrypted Blackberry mail system. ..

kapil
The Kapil

join:2000-04-26
Chicago, IL

1 recommendation

Really Blackberry?

Didn't India and Saudi Arabia threaten to kick blackberry out if they weren't allowed access to encrypted data? Are we to believe that Blackberry gave in to those countries but stood up to the US?
--
»www.kapilville.com

battleop

join:2005-09-28

GASP!!! What a shocking discovery...

This is no more shocking than the rest of the stuff that we're seeing. The Federal Government is/was the largest BB user. Did anyone honestly think they became the largest BB customer without any return favors?
--
I do not, have not, and will not work for AT&T/Comcast/Verizon/Charter or similar sized company.

DanteX

join:2010-09-09
kudos:1

TIme to Log Packets

Looks Like I am going to start Logging In and Outbound network traffic on my Android devices from now on.

it is totally unacceptable that the NSA can just do what ever it wants.

As a Sovereign Citizen of Cyberspace I object to this type of behavior and demand the NSA stops attacking my Fellow Cyberspaciens with these on called for acts of war.

firephoto
We the people
Premium
join:2003-03-18
Brewster, WA
reply to kapil

Re: Really Blackberry?

said by kapil:

Didn't India and Saudi Arabia threaten to kick blackberry out if they weren't allowed access to encrypted data? Are we to believe that Blackberry gave in to those countries but stood up to the US?

"They get access, we want acces." I'm sure that was the never publicly spoken reason.
--
Say no to astroturfing. go to their profile, start ignoring posts and ignoring what's not true.

eagleknight

join:2002-11-08
Troy, OH

1 recommendation

reply to DanteX

Re: TIme to Log Packets

What will this prove? Are you expecting to see NSA IP addresses? They are most likely using a span port that traffic passes through to capture your data. You won't see them connecting to your device.

FFH
Premium
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ
kudos:5

1 recommendation

reply to kapil

Re: Really Blackberry?

said by kapil:

Yes, RIM gave access when demanded. Did the NSA demand access? Probably didn't need to, because NSA already got access without RIM 's assistance.

This whole daily lamenting of NSA spying is humorous. The NSA has been spying on the whole world, incl the US, for more than 50 yrs. And it hasn't exactly been a secret.
--
"If you want to anger a conservative lie to him.
If you want to anger a liberal tell him the truth."

tshirt
Premium,MVM
join:2004-07-11
Snohomish, WA
kudos:5
Reviews:
·Comcast

1 recommendation

reply to DanteX

Re: TIme to Log Packets

said by DanteX:

As a Sovereign Citizen of Cyberspace...

As a foreign national (by your own description) you are exactly the kind of people, US citizens pay the NSA to keep an eye on.

en103

join:2011-05-02
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
reply to DanteX

Good luck. You'll be more likely to find trojans at the OS level/app level or at the remote server.

Unless everything is completely end-to-end encrypted with keys/certificates (i.e. database, app server, end user application). Keys are only as good as the person/people that hold those keys and control those locks.

FSchmertz

join:2007-07-01
West Milford, NJ

More Non-denial denials

In this case by Blackberry, but all the others give very lawyerly responses shot full of holes should you care to analyze them.