spacer

spacer

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc

spacer

how-to block ads

view:
topics flat nest 
Comments on news posted 2013-09-10 14:21:56: As countless leaks already predicted, Apple today announced that they're offering a few new iPhones: a slight flagship iPhone refresh called the iPhone 5S, and a new line of cheaper, brightly-colored iPhones with the A6 chipset known as the 5C. ..

page: 1 · 2 · 3 · 4 · next

patt2k

join:2009-01-16
kudos:1

1 recommendation

no iphone for me

Yesterday I upgraded to Galaxy S4 I wanted to wait til today but nah glad I didn't.
Giving the iPhone 5 to my mom and also the iOS will be downloadable on Sept 18 not 17.

Rob
In Deo speramus.
Premium
join:2001-08-25
Kendall, FL
kudos:3

Steve Jobs probably moved graves...

The amount of information that leaks out of Apple since the passing of Steve Jobs must have made Steve Jobs roll over so many times in his grave that he's since moved over one plot.
--
CheckSite.us | YourIP.us | Reverseip.us

WHT

join:2010-03-26
Rosston, TX
kudos:5

said by Rob:

Steve Jobs must have made Steve Jobs roll over so many times in his grave

I'm thinking 2,000 RPM here.

GlennAllen
Sunny with highs in the 80s
Premium
join:2002-11-17
Richmond, VA
reply to Rob

As such, "leak" is probably no longer the appropriate term to use... yeah, Stevie boy would really be "pissed", huh.

Rob
In Deo speramus.
Premium
Kendall, FL

This time the "leaks" matched the truth. No longer is Apple leaking "false" stuff to keep them relevant.

Simba7
I Void Warranties

join:2003-03-24
Billings, MT

iPhone 5C is.. plastic?

Wow. Looks like they really are copying everyone else.. at a premium price.

I wonder how many Samsung bashers are going to praise the iPhone 5C, even though it now looks exactly like a Samsung phone.. including the plastic back they were bashing earlier.

tshirt
Premium,MVM
join:2004-07-11
Snohomish, WA
kudos:4

5s is the Obvious choice...

...IF you think a phone is worth $850...
or you could buy a different phone and still be able to upgrade yourself several times over the next couple years.

GlennAllen
Sunny with highs in the 80s
Premium
join:2002-11-17
Richmond, VA

2 recommendations

reply to Rob

Re: Steve Jobs probably moved graves...

Hmmm... I've never considered Apple to be relevant--goin' on 30 years now.

Simba7
I Void Warranties

join:2003-03-24
Billings, MT

1 recommendation

reply to tshirt

Re: 5s is the Obvious choice...

said by tshirt:

...IF you think a phone is worth $850...
or you could buy a different phone and still be able to upgrade yourself several times over the next couple years.

The answer is.. No.

I'd rather get the S4 outright and toss it in an Otterbox Defender case.. and I'd still be saving ~$150.

decifal

join:2007-03-10
Bon Aqua, TN

err

I'm bailing on apple... When I first got my iphone 4, the camera opened up in a second.. Now its a 5 second wait which increase's odds of me not snapping that pic in time, not to mention the random pause when simply typing a text message just annoys the hell outta me.. Its like they are purposely making it delay to motivate me to run out and buy a new one... Well it doesn't work like that with me... All the apps are closed btw before anyone says I have em all running... The damn thing just actually got slower when they updated the software.. It sucks... Oh, and Al freaking Gore sitting on the board of apple making 1 million a day? That was the icing on the cake...

skeechan
Ai Otsukaholic
Premium
join:2012-01-26
AA169|170
kudos:2
reply to Simba7

Re: iPhone 5C is.. plastic?

Exactly, if I wanted a crap polycarb phone, I'd buy an S4
--
Nocchi rules.

OverrRyde

join:2007-04-10
Waterdown, ON
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..
reply to decifal

Re: err

Yup, this is why i ditched Apple as well back when i had an Iphone 3G. After i was forced to do an upgrade, the phone was practically unusable, slowed to a crawl, couldn't do anything without either freezing or just plain not working.

They down allow you to downgrade the OS so i was stuck with a shit phone, or i could have went out and bought a new one, which i did, but not an Apple!

Rob
In Deo speramus.
Premium
Kendall, FL
reply to decifal

I'm not ready to bail on them. But if next year, their phone doesn't catch up (4.5-4.8" screen, etc) then I will move to the Samsung.

buzz_4_20

join:2003-09-20
Limestone, ME

It's a Shame

That Apple is the only SmartPhone maker left with a 4" Screen on a Flagship phone.

I do like big Screens... On my wall and on my desk, but NOT in my pocket.

elefante72

join:2010-12-03
East Amherst, NY
reply to tshirt

Re: 5s is the Obvious choice...

Holy batman $550 for a plastic phone w/ last year's tech. You can get a Google nexus 4 for $250 right now. I think Apple is smoking some serious crack on this one. The latest 4.3 update makes anything from Apple look like 2003 tech. I hope ios7 is REALLY better, because as it stands Google is walking away here.

APPL stock is going to tank, because their new tech is really, really boring and barely worthy of upgrading. When I went from the 4s to the 5 the big difference is the weight (glass->aluminum). I actually like the thickness of the 4s etter. The screen is still Busch league compared to the latest Android phones.

The only thing that REALLY suck a$$ on the GooG is the mail integration w/ exchange, which there is not. Idiots. iOS exchange while shady at times works really well, not blackberry well or WP8, but close.

The Shadow
Premium
join:2013-04-18
kudos:4
Reviews:
·Champion Broadba..
·Time Warner Cable
reply to Rob

I got my first smartphone about 6 weeks ago--an iPhone 5 from Verizon. I'm very satisfied with it except like all things it is not perfect and one thing I agree with you on is the screen size. As my old eyes remind me every day.

Some people have an issue with the rapidly expanding size of smartphones because they are more difficult to physically handle and prone to being dropped by mishandling. However, I have XL hands so a bigger screen would be no problem.

My only other minor complaint is the Verizon CDMA issue of not being able to talk and do other things on the phone on same time. That, however, is mitigated by my all most total lack of ability to multifunction, so no biggie. However, those that are good at it and utilize those skills or need to use it I can where the issue would be a deal breaker on getting an iPhone 5.

Duramax08
To The Moon
Premium
join:2008-08-03
San Antonio, TX
Reviews:
·Millenicom

I like my iphone 5

The 5 works just fine, much better then my old 4. I dont see how the 5s would benefit me much. I use an otterbox on all my phones, so that does away with the fingerprint scanner. Ill probably jump to the 6 when it comes out, which will also be the time my contract for the 5 is up. The only people I see getting the 5s is people who are still using a 4s and their contract is up.

kxrm

join:2002-07-18
Fort Worth, TX

1 edit

Finger Print technology?

...would have been a hit in 2005.

Apple has increasingly been irrelevant. I was never a fan of iPhone but I will admit they made a huge dent in the group think that was going on in 2006. However, since that first introduction the phone has simply gotten weaker as competitors have taken advantage of their innovation and actually improved upon it rather than rely on customer indoctrination and denial.

It's time to innovate again, or go by the wayside as you did in the 90s.

Duramax08
To The Moon
Premium
join:2008-08-03
San Antonio, TX
Reviews:
·Millenicom
reply to patt2k

Re: no iphone for me

»www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHrk7x0qBvY

kxrm

Fort Worth, TX
reply to The Shadow

Data and Talk is not really an apple innovation, that was an AT&T thing that worked on all of their phones. In my opinion it's not enough to make it worth while for anyone to have to deal with AT&T.

dlewis23

join:2005-04-18
Boca Raton, FL
reply to kxrm

Re: Finger Print technology?

said by kxrm:

...would have been a hit in 2005.

Except that sensor wasn't available in 2005. The sensor they are using is something new they worked on over the past year.

kxrm

Fort Worth, TX

Consumer sentiment won't see it as a huge benefit. Just as it wasn't a benefit to laptops. That's my point.

FFH
Premium
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ
kudos:5
reply to Rob

Re: Steve Jobs probably moved graves...

And the NEW products are hohum. No wonder their stock price is dropping and Android is kicking their butt around the world.
--
"If you want to anger a conservative lie to him.
If you want to anger a liberal tell him the truth."

ShellMMG

join:2009-04-16
Grass Lake, MI
Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..
reply to The Shadow

It sounds like we have the same challenges when it comes to screen size.

I adore my iPad. Love it to pieces, and I don't have to wrestle with it to read a book, watch a movie to post in forums. I am, however, looking at ways that will let me dump my cell plan. VZW is the only network with good coverage but now that we have land-based broadband, I'm looking for a decent way to make and receive calls with my iPad at home.

Our daughter is ecstatic over the iPhone 5 because of the camera upgrades. She's a professional photographer.

battleop

join:2005-09-28

1 recommendation

Does the "C" stand for...

Cheap Ass Edition?

IPPlanMan
Holy Cable Modem Batman

join:2000-09-20
Washington, DC

Simultaneous Voice/Data for iPhone 5C/5S on Verizon/Sprint?

Does anyone know for sure about iPhone 5C/5S support for simultaneous Voice/Cellular Data for iPhone 5C/5S on Verizon/Sprint?

patt2k

join:2009-01-16
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

1 recommendation

LOL

lol woot? add tax to it..

whiteyonenh

join:2004-08-09
Keene, NH
reply to The Shadow

said by The Shadow:

My only other minor complaint is the Verizon CDMA issue of not being able to talk and do other things on the phone on same time.

This is not a CDMA issue, many LTE-based Android phones can do 1x Voice/EVDO 3G data at the same time, this is a design decision by Apple not to support this. Also, there's many more phones than what is listed in the following wikipedia article that can do this. »en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SVDO

elefante72

East Amherst, NY
reply to IPPlanMan

Re: Simultaneous Voice/Data for iPhone 5C/5S on Verizon/Sprint?

No magic. Its a limitation on how they do CDMA and if they use 2x Tx chains which is probably no. Go check out the FCC docs. Of it has 2 Tx chains then you are in business. I don't really see this because outside of Verizon/Sprint this is probably a moot point and since they went to one model, they aren't going to take the hit for this, most likely...

elefante72

East Amherst, NY
reply to patt2k

Re: LOL

Worth a trip down to Buffalo, eh?